3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   New Here 180's??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/254434-new-here-180s.html)

Puffin55 04-22-2012 12:22 PM

Congrats Keri and Jenjulia!

Alitory - Every day is a new beginning!

Me? I've been pumped that I've lost 6 pounds over three weeks, but I've only had a 1/2 pound loss over the past week (taking me to 6 pounds). I've been so good with diet too and have been exercising extra. It seems my scale is stuck! However, I can fee my leg muscles more, and my clothes are fitting better, so I'll take that as a good sign that simply isn't showing up on the scale yet. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a long journey that can only be taken one step and one day at a time.

alitorry 04-22-2012 01:11 PM

thanks Puffin and Jenjulia :) 6 lbs so far is awesome Puffin, YEAH!

I think I got over my hump today. 179.6 !!!

Are Sundays difficult for you guys? Sundays are at my house. my husband is working, it's just me and the boys, we don't have many errands and I don't go to the gym. It's my chores day kind of (laundry, floors etc), but being home and not working out keeps me close to the food and I get worried and I fight the urge :( No, don't say to work out anyway, I feel like my body is now exhausted from Monday thru Sat workouts .. I need today's break ... UGH!

I guess I'll just keep myself busy and drink some coffee (caffeine) ;)

KeriHallman 04-22-2012 11:35 PM

Hi ladies!! It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!! I did see 172.5 on the scale Saturday morning but I have been 173 ever since. I don't mind too much I haven't been able to workout as often as I like. I always take friday and Saturday off from working out. Crazy as it seems it helped me getting the scale moving again. So I am pretty happy right now.

I am hoping to do a little better with my diet this week.

esca 04-23-2012 12:58 AM

Joining the group

Hi ladies, I just re-joined 3FC after a more than a 3 year hiatus. During that time my weight has fluctuated from 165-188 (all time high for me that I hit earlier this year - urgh). It just feels like the lbs. are piling on without any real changes from my lifestyle :?:. Super frustrating.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far. I hope to get the exercise part just started this week. I am also thinking about trying out weight watchers for the first time. Something must be done! I hope to be posting soon with an update on my progress.

Keep up the good work everyone! You guys are inspiring me to get my act together.

jenjulia 04-23-2012 10:59 AM

I double posted. Whoops!! Sorry, ladies!

Wednesday is my official weigh day and I hope that the 170's is here to stay.

jenjulia 04-23-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffin55 (Post 4303823)
Congrats Keri and Jenjulia!

Alitory - Every day is a new beginning!

Me? I've been pumped that I've lost 6 pounds over three weeks, but I've only had a 1/2 pound loss over the past week (taking me to 6 pounds). I've been so good with diet too and have been exercising extra. It seems my scale is stuck! However, I can fee my leg muscles more, and my clothes are fitting better, so I'll take that as a good sign that simply isn't showing up on the scale yet. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a long journey that can only be taken one step and one day at a time.

Awesome! That's right on target. 1/2-2 lbs a week is good. I've read that if you lose like that consistently you are less likely to gain it back. So great job! Sometimes I have done that. Well, lots of times really. When the clothes fit better, I think you're doing everything right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alitorry (Post 4303875)
thanks Puffin and Jenjulia :) 6 lbs so far is awesome Puffin, YEAH!

I think I got over my hump today. 179.6 !!!

Are Sundays difficult for you guys? Sundays are at my house. my husband is working, it's just me and the boys, we don't have many errands and I don't go to the gym. It's my chores day kind of (laundry, floors etc), but being home and not working out keeps me close to the food and I get worried and I fight the urge :( No, don't say to work out anyway, I feel like my body is now exhausted from Monday thru Sat workouts .. I need today's break ... UGH!

I guess I'll just keep myself busy and drink some coffee (caffeine) ;)

This weekend was hard because we were on the road and stayed at my brother's cabin. Coffee and running curb my appetite for some reason. Not sure why? Did it work for you? The coffee?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeriHallman (Post 4304498)
Hi ladies!! It sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!! I did see 172.5 on the scale Saturday morning but I have been 173 ever since. I don't mind too much I haven't been able to workout as often as I like. I always take friday and Saturday off from working out. Crazy as it seems it helped me getting the scale moving again. So I am pretty happy right now.I am hoping to do a little better with my diet this week.

I celebrate every little notch down on the scale. It's hard work to get that scale to go down and you will definately be seeing that again! I haven't been exercising as much either. I go in spurts where I exercise most days and then days I don't do much at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esca (Post 4304542)
Hi ladies, I just re-joined 3FC after a more than a 3 year hiatus. During that time my weight has fluctuated from 165-188 (all time high for me that I hit earlier this year - urgh). It just feels like the lbs. are piling on without any real changes from my lifestyle :?:. Super frustrating.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts so far. I hope to get the exercise part just started this week. I am also thinking about trying out weight watchers for the first time. Something must be done! I hope to be posting soon with an update on my progress.

Keep up the good work everyone! You guys are inspiring me to get my act together.

Welcome back! Good luck finding a program that works for you. I have done weight watchers before and liked it. For me, I had to join a gym and meet with a trainer (this time). I still don't have the eating thing completely figured out but I learned that I really enjoy lifting weights and to watch what I eat. I know that the eating thing is key but it's a struggle that I will probably always deal with.

The scale says 178.2 this morning. I'm in shock but so happy. It's been so long since I've been in the 170's. Now I need some serious motivation to get my house cleaned! :D

Jiggles81 04-23-2012 02:14 PM

I just need to scream............................................ ...

50 lbs lost!!!

LOL- Can you tell I'm a wee bit excited?!?

alitorry 04-23-2012 06:30 PM

CONGRATS MANDIE, that's an awesome number :) FIFTY POUNDS LOST, so GREAT! how are you celebrating tonight?

hey Jenjulia, we made it to 178!!! congrats to you! I was 178.6 today.. WOOHOO!

welcome ESCA!!! you're gonna love this group.

Keri, I totally agree with you and the craziness that happens when you don't work out. I did not work out sunday and got a good number today.
and YES, Jenjulia, the coffee helped :)

have a great night guys..

jenjulia 04-23-2012 07:27 PM

Mandie: WOOHOO!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Alisha: Congrats! It's a great feeling to get into those new numbers!

KeriHallman 04-23-2012 10:49 PM

OMG Mandie such a great job!!!!!!

Jen and Alisha wtg on your new numbers too!!

I think before long we will be the 150's group :D

I have had a crazy busy week. Last night was spent in the ER with my 6 year old for an allergic reaction. He is ok now. I am also preparing for a craft shoe on Saturday. I feel like I am being pulled in a million directions!

I hope you guys are having a relaxing week!

kateleestar 04-24-2012 07:24 AM

Good job on the 50 lost! That's a huge motivator.. Keep going! :)

And I'm still hovering in the upper 180's... I started my own version of South Beach yesterday, with a little IF thrown in, lol. Mostly clean eating.. DH is doing it with me too, so thats a plus. I told him to give it a month and see how he feels. It's only a month, why not?! :)

I'm hoping to be at 185 by the end of April.. I can still make that. I'm not sure I'm going to be 175 by 6/1, but I'm going to give it heck! :D

Have a good day ladies!!

Jiggles81 04-24-2012 09:15 AM

Ugh, I just did this huge post and IE crashed!! Makes me soo mad!!

Long story short - Everyone is doing so awesome!!

jenjulia 04-25-2012 01:47 PM

Mandie- I'm sorry! I hate it when that happens. Not good.

Kate- just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off.

Keri- I'm glad that your son is better! That would be really scary!

Well, my scale said 175.8 for about two seconds today. Couldn't believe it. So when it went back up to 176.2, I knew that I was right. ;) Pretty happy day! I weigh what I did when my youngest was a couple months old. It's exciting to think that I could get back to my pre-pregnancies weight. :)

kateleestar 04-25-2012 02:06 PM

I sure hope so Jen! I've been in the upper 180's since the day before Easter and I'm up and down the same 2lbs over and over. I've been COMPLETELY OP the entire time. Always below my cals. Sigh.

:crossed:

jenjulia 04-26-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateleestar (Post 4307986)
I sure hope so Jen! I've been in the upper 180's since the day before Easter and I'm up and down the same 2lbs over and over. I've been COMPLETELY OP the entire time. Always below my cals. Sigh.

:crossed:

Well, I'm pretty sure that it's water weight and at least two of the four pounds are coming back on in a day or two if it makes you feel better? Hopefully!

Maybe you're eating too little? Or you need to change up your exercise a little bit? Try something new or try to do more intensity? Sometimes that works. I cut the calories back a little bit and the first two weeks I didn't drop a lot of weight but then all of a sudden it seems like the weight is coming off. I read in a book by Oprah's trainer or former trainer that sometimes your body has wooshes after being more consistent for a couple weeks. So maybe that's it? Just try something new. Maybe eat a little more, add a little more intensity, that sort of thing?Hopefully that helps!!