Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #136  

Height: 5'4

Jen WTG!! The pounds are just flying off you!! I know how you feel with the pre pregnancy weight. I was 149 while breast feeding my second and that would be AMAZING!! I am sure you will be at your goal in no time!!

Kateleestar I know just what your going through!!! It took over 2 weeks to lose one pound and I was going crazy. So I upped my calories and was working out less and that did the trick. It is hard for me to get that through my brain that it really worked lol.

Big news for me!!! I have been between 172-173 this week. The big news is I started my period. The only reason this is good is because I normally lose a couple pounds right after!! I love feeling skinny after my period is gone. Oh and I was at a meeting the other day and was sitting wearing low rise pants and a empire waist shirt. Normally I would have a tummy roll that is not attractive. This time no roll only shirt!!!!! I have lost 6 inches around my waist and I couldn't be happier!

I hope the rest of you ladies are kicking butt and taking names!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

I havent been checking in here. And yes it is because I havent been sticking on plan. I have even been avoiding the scale the last week or so.....

So not much to say but I haven't planned on sending the horse down the road without me. I will get this going and I will see my goal.

Today I am good on the calories and have dinner all planned out. So I need to stay on the plan eat what I have already accounted for and make this day one (again) towards success.

Shoudl have been checking in here better. You ladies are really an inspiration in your success!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 190/183.5/140

Height: 5',9"

Not a good weight loss week for me. I think it's hormonal and has to do with my cycle. I've been pretty good and have been exercising. Yesterday, my husband and I climbed a small mountain and then went for a long walk by a lake afterwards. So, the scale is 185.5 today when last Sunday it said 184. Probably something I just have to wait out and keep trying every day. Patience.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #139  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Puffin, I've so been there .. Patience is necessary in this game of weight loss. At least you should be seeing the results elsewhere, inches perhaps ?
or generally just more healthy feeling. I'm sure you're loving how your body feels right now, anyhow.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #140  

Alitorry, I was telling my husband that I loved the way the hike made my legs feel -- like they were really working. That DID feel good. I do have the challenge of hormone problems though. Have for many years. My cycles are too short to begin with. Been through lots of treatment for it. Taking a break from all that at the moment.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #141  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriHallman View Post
Kateleestar I know just what your going through!!! It took over 2 weeks to lose one pound and I was going crazy. So I upped my calories and was working out less and that did the trick. It is hard for me to get that through my brain that it really worked lol.
I'm down a pound overnight! LOL. And, tmi, with no twosies this morning before weigh in, LOL. So, thats good. Things are moving again... and its weird, I like, so don't want to think that its really moving again, because I've been working SO HARD lately. Who would have thought the end would be SO MUCH HARDER than the start. BOO HISS to that, lol.

I'd like to be in the 170's by June, so I'm still on track for my "goal" of 165 by vacay. After that I'm going to work on more lifting and toning, and being the healthiest me I can be.

WE GOT THIS! Keep going everyone!!

Last edited by kateleestar; 05-01-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #142  

Awesome, kateleestar!!!!! You go girl!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #143  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin55 View Post
Awesome, kateleestar!!!!! You go girl!!!
Thanks Puffin!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #144  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Kate, awesome! I love your term 'twosies' got to love those drops with no 'twosies'.. haha!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #145  
is super awesome.

LOL.. thanks. I think I got it from like, Scrubs.. It's much more friendly than saying.. other things.

And today, due to water weight, I'm bounced up to 188 AGAIN.. I swear to all that is good and holy that I never want to see 188 again. Of course, its better than 279, so I'll take it! LOL. These last 10lbs to my "100 lost" are INSANITY. Sigh, lol.

Gotta keep going. Have a good day 180's ladies!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
LOL.. thanks. I think I got it from like, Scrubs.. It's much more friendly than saying.. other things.

And today, due to water weight, I'm bounced up to 188 AGAIN.. I swear to all that is good and holy that I never want to see 188 again. Of course, its better than 279, so I'll take it! LOL. These last 10lbs to my "100 lost" are INSANITY. Sigh, lol.

Gotta keep going. Have a good day 180's ladies!
92 lbs is AMAZING! I wish that I could be as dedicated as you have been! Are you still doing the South Beach (I think that's what you said you were doing a couple weeks ago?).

Well, I haven't lost any additional weight this week. But that's good! I kind of had a woosh last week and I'm just glad that I haven't gained it back!

Haven't wanted to go to the gym. I had a really tough couple weeks and the last couple times I went to work out with the trainer I've been working with, I just sort of wanted to crawl into a hole. She's really good at what she does but I can't keep my mouth SHUT when I'm working out. I leave embarrassed and then don't want to go back. I cancelled last minute Monday and almost did today. I hear you all with the hormonal stuff. I thought that dropping the weight would help me have more confidence and be less hormonal- which it did for a while but ugghhh...Anyhow...sorry for the vent. Other than the weight loss, I'm really wishing I could do April over again!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 234/176.2/168

Height: 5'11

Puffin- Patience is supposed to be a virtue but when you want something so bad, it feel like torture! Stick with it though, you can do- we know you can and you know you can!

Keri- Thanks! I haven't had much of an appetite the last couple weeks, so I think that's playing into it. I don't know why upping calories and working out less does the trick but I think someone (trainer last fall) said something like your body might need a rest and when you come back from a rest your body will start reacting again like a newbie to exercise and diet. I don't know if that's true or not but it does seem to work. I tend to lose weight right before TOM (I pee like crazy ) and then weight goes back to normal after period. Skinny feeling is AWESOME! I love it! Seriously! Those NSV's are so much fun! 6" is a lot of inches! WTG!!!!!!

Wanna B-
Don't beat yourself up. Seriously! I'm guessing that most people on this site have a hard time sticking to whatever plan that they are on but I like your attitude- you are really determined and that's awesome! Send some over here! Gonna be honest with you here... I had Pizza Hut for lunch. Thin crust, veggie. Three slices. I wish that I could be that person who eats a grilled chicken breast and broccoli with just a little bit of potato for lunch but I think I'm recognizing that's not realistic for me for every meal. Instead of beating myself up for that everyday, I'm going to try to do the best I can. Not saying you're beating yourself up...it's just I know that's what I tend to do sometimes!

Went to the gym and came back with a weight of 174.8. UNDER 175. Granted, it was water weight but it was crazy that I am getting so much closer to my goal.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #148  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjulia View Post
92 lbs is AMAZING! I wish that I could be as dedicated as you have been! Are you still doing the South Beach (I think that's what you said you were doing a couple weeks ago?).
Yeah... I was a calorie counter for 90lbs of it, though, so I wouldnt give SB my success ribbon or anything, lol. I'm trying to get the DH to eat cleaner and giving a 'program' a 'name' helps him to understand things.. like if its just calorie counting, he freaks out, because theres too much freedom. So this is helping him so far. I just wish it was helping me more, lol.

And don't worry about April, Jen! It is OVER and it is not worth worrying about. The past is the past and you can't change it... and besides, I'm sure your trainer has heard it ALL. I'm sure people unload more than just weight to her, know what I mean? People like that are like bartenders - the counselor of the booze world! lol.

Keep going everyone. WE can do this!!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #149  

Back down to 184 for the last three mornings! Woohoo!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #150  
is super awesome.

Down again today to 187.4.. I'd really like to be closer to 185, lol. One day. Gotta keep going.

Have an ON PLAN and GREAT weekend, 180's!
Closed Thread