Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1  

Default weekly weigh-in worries

I started the weight loss effort a couple weeks ago. Diet & exercise for a week then the first time I weighed myself in years, actually the first time this scale has ever been used. This is the night before my next weigh in.

Im nervous, I'm scared & hesitant. What if I haven't lost? What if I gained? What if i dont see any results and get discouraged?

I'm sure I'm just anxious, but it feels good to say it, takes the power out of the words.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

It is very nerve-wracking! I actually started weighing daily because the weekly suspense was too stressful.

At this point, it is what it is. You put in your best effort and you should be proud of that!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

I know how you feel! And I actually decided to weigh-in daily as well.

But if you know that you've been putting in the hard work (exercise wise), and making healthy eating choices, feel good about whatever happens! If you happen to maintain/gain, you could be adding more muscle and whatnot as well. Whatever happens, don't lose motivation! Also, another thing you should look into is doing measurements as well. Sometimes the scale might not drop, but the inches might!

Good luck!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support.

Unfortunately, I did gain 1 pound, but I'm ok with it. I went to the gym and pushed myself to go harder and further.

I have actually measured myself but since I haven't seen any changes in the fit of my clothing, I haven't wanted to do it again, quite yet.

I know it will take a long time, just trying to be patient.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Height: 5'7"

I used to weight weekly and was always worried what the scale might say. Now I weight myself every morning. I found it's one less thing to stress about if I see where I am every day. The one thing to remember with a daily weight is not to stress over a pound or two. Your body can vary just from water weight, what you want to see is a steady loss over time. If I weight myself in the morning and I am down a little it's awesome I do my little happy dance and am motivated to keep it up. If I am up a little I use it as motivation to get back down to where I was and move forward.
Just remember you can't change what you have done in the past, don't dewll on what's over and done with, but you can work hard to change your future!
suzukigurl is offline   Reply With Quote