Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 12:23 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

UGH, what a nightmare!! The guy was supposed to be here at 9:30, didn't get here til 10:30!! I went from a happy, content baby to a cranky baby, to a sleeping baby by the time he got here!! He's lucky he was nice, because I was livid!! Apparently the girl that called and scheduled it didn't tell me that they have an hour or so to get here. He screamed for a good part of it, but the guy thinks he got a few good ones out of like 15 pics!

Of course I was tired and leaking and wishing for a shower by the time he left.

RR- Glad Miss Kaylee had a better night! I have read that about feeding them laying down. I have to remind DH not to do that sometimes. We've been using the boppy lately though, and he seems to like that.

I have a couple coupons for Curves. They opened two locations in my town, it's two different owners, so I may join again, but on a monthly basis this time...not gonna make that mistake again!! They also opened a WW a couple miles from here, so I'll probably join there too, especially since they've got free registration right now.

Off to get lunch while it's quiet!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Lauren: Sorry about the picture guy. I'd panic if someone wanted to come take pictures in my house. Geesh. I haven't done more than scoop up the dog hair in way too long. The doula is supposed to come on Sunday so I have some major cleaning to do before then. I took off tomorrow because our cencus is low and because of the possible snow storm. Now I will have plenty of time to clean. Nope, no video on a baby climbing mom's boob. That must've been interesting. Just the basics which, I guess, is all they can really do until the little ones get here.

RR: Glad Kaylee is feeling some better. I thought we were supposed to lay them down to eat at night so we could get some sleep too. That's what the lady said last night when demonstrating the different positions. Hmm. Guess I'm lucky to have you guys going first!!

I'm going to have a manicure and pedicure tonight then I go see the Diabetic Counselor. Another fun packed evening!! Hope ya'll have a great one!!
Old 02-28-2003, 07:51 AM   #18  
LBH

Hi All,

We had a reunion last night at our childbirth instructor's house. Unfortunately only two other couples showed up besides us. I was really anxious to hear the birth stories of the other girls, because all but one of them used the same midwife as us. The one girl was on her 3rd child and she said her experience was good, but the MW's personality was what she was looking for, she didn't need someone to "hold her hand" basically. She was in the hospital during the day. The other girl had some issues with her attitude, like we did, but not nearly as bad...she was also there during the day, but 1st thing in the AM. The CB instructor couldn't believe what we went through and how the MW treated us! Anyway, it was fun seeing all the babies...even though there were only 2 others.

Today I have to finish cleaning/moving furniture in the LR. It's a disaster since I shoved everything off the coffee table for the photographer yesterday! DH gave me an idea though, he knows I like moving furniture around. Now, hopefully Peter will stay asleep or entertained long enough for me to do it!

Hopefully moving this furniture around will give me more room in the LR, so I can start doing some exercise tapes...either Gilad or the Pilates tape DH bought.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:32 AM   #19  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Started checking out healthclubs on the phone yesterday..There is a great one almost next door to the daycare that I am really interested in...I am just having stress about spending time with Kaylee rather than working out..I even considered jogging in the neighborhood every evening when DH came home and getting a jog stroller but my mom is freaking out about a serial killer around here which I am too soo that is out..... I have to get into something..and i guess the club is safer.

Kaylee is still so miserable with high fever and irritability..Bummer, cuz I wanted to take her to her first Mardi Gras parade tonight...Not worth it though!! Would rather her get well!!!!

Have a good one..Off to get breakfast and pump while she is asleep!!
RR
Old 02-28-2003, 09:43 AM   #20  
LBH

I finally caught some smiles on camera!!
Old 02-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #21  

Hi guys,

I spent the day shopping with MIL. Last weekend I had found some stuff for Alex at Bloomindales that I thought was really cute by Little Me. I got it because I had a gift certificate. Well, today at Baby Depot at Burlington Coat factory I found the SAME stuff for LESS than 1/2!!! I'm going back to Bloomies and return the other stuff. I can't believe the difference in cost. The blanket was 22 at Bloom and 9.98 at BD!! Same exact one.

Lauren: Cute picture!! You are getting good at the attchment thing! Are you by Short Hills Mall? Planning a trip out there tonight to return this stuff!!

RR: Please by all means go to the health club!! Sorry to hear that there's such an awful person loose in your neighborhood. Hope Kaylee is feeling better soon.

Have a great evening all!!
Old 02-28-2003, 09:27 PM   #22  
LBH

Yeah, Karen, I'm like 15 minutes or so from there!! Too bad I didn't get on here earlier, we coulda met up. Oh well...one of these days. I love Little Me, I think it's my favorite brand of baby things! I'm not usually a brand type person, but they just haver the cutest things!

I was in WalMart with my mom today, and the sales girl told me it's Baby Week there. They have cases of Huggies on sale for 15.97!! Of course they didn't have size 1's, but I will check back before March 9th when it's over. Bought a Super Mega pack (136) for 16.97 though...which I think is good.

Had I realized it was soo nice out...OK cold, but not really windy, and it was sunny...I would've bundled us both up and gone for a walk. I'm really in exercise/diet mode. I'm going to start checking the weather every day, and getting out if it's decent.

My mom bought me a couple light weight sweaters and a pair of khakis at WalMart, for going back to work. I bought a new pair of jeans, because I can't find all the clothes I put away!! Think they may be in mom's basement. I'm sick of wearing sweats!! Write that one in the record books, because I've always lived in sweats! I'm dying to put some jeans on though.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:51 AM   #23  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Well...12 hrs and no tylenol and no fever and she is smiling!!! She slept from 9pm until 2:40 am!!! I almost panicked when I saw the clock when she cried a little..Soo far, I have a happy baby this morning..still pulling on the left ear, but much better!!!!

I brought her to her first MG parade last night..IT was nice cuz it runs in front of my friends house, so we watched from the window!! She laughed and cooed at the lights, I bundled her up and walked to the street but that ended cuz she was getting bombed by beads and it was hitting her in the face and I couldnt grab them quick enough!!The other kids love the parades soo that was the only reason I got her out!!!I have friends getting them to the parades today and me and Kaylee are having mom/daughter time!!!

WEll..I made the appointment Monday at the healthclub..I hope daycare is open on Monday/Tues since the others are off school for MG....Dh wants us to work out together, but I am way too intimidated by men at a club and will pay the extra to be comfortable....THe women in coed clubs dress soo provacative and I hate it..This club forbids thongs!!!yeah!!!!

Ok..off to fix cream of wheat!!! The perfect meal to drink in a cup while holding the baby!!!!
RR
Old 03-01-2003, 10:27 AM   #24  

Good Morning All!!

DH and I have gotten into a bad habit of staying up until 2 AM and then sleeping til 10 on the weekend. I think we better start to get over this habit. It messes me up for the work week.

RR: Glad that Kaylee is feeling better. The parade sounds like fun. I would like to go to Mardi Gras once but I don't do big crowds all that well. I get claustrophobic. One reason I've never done the Thanksgiving parade or Times Square for New Year's Eve here.

Lauren: I should have PM'd you about the mall thing. On the way there I was like "Duh, you could've PM'd her!!"

Hope you guys are having a super great day. Today is cleaning day to get ready for the Doula tomorrow.
Closed Thread