3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Bathing Suit Season Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/247826-bathing-suit-season-challenge.html)

PrairieGirl 12-26-2011 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas (or is still enjoying Hanukkah or starting Kwanzaa today and also having a great holiday season) with friends and family.

Welcome newcomers to the challenge FyreFlie, HannahBoo, and RaisingThemLeft! Let me know if I have what you'd like to see on the spreadsheet.

RaisingThemLeft>if you'd like, we have a spot on the spreadsheet to track measurements, this might be good since you're not looking to lose, but looking to tighten and tone up.

Insideme> Great job on the 45lbs lost. That's phenomenal!

Good job to everyone who lost. That's a difficult task over the holidays. I've struggled this whole month, but finally didn't gain this week. I lost .6lbs...whoo-hoo for small victories! Getting ready for this week's weigh-in, hoping to be back where I started on Dec 1st :^:

LadyJessica 12-26-2011 10:29 PM

Hey Everyone! Sorry I was out of town and wasn't able to weigh in. Christmas took it's toll on me too much candy :( I went back up 162. This will be my catch back up week.

Delphi 12-26-2011 11:10 PM

Ladyjessica ~ I know how you feel. I guess I'll join ya in saying I ate way too much and will be playing catch up this week myself.

Prairegirl ~ Good luck and :bravo: on the victory.

fyreflie ~ :welcome: And I feel ya on getting prepared. Several of us are right there with you. Bound and determined to be beach ready by our vacations.

As for me, TOM came Christmas eve, so I am battling that and my scale is lucky it hasn't been chucked thus far. I am just going to down water like crazy and hope for the best. Did anyone get anything good for Christmas?

fyreflie24 12-27-2011 08:18 AM

Spreadsheet looks awesome! :)

kateleestar 12-27-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsideMe (Post 4145144)
CONGRATS on the Woosh girl! You are SO CLOSE TO ONEDERLAND!:carrot:

Thanks! I'm still holding steady at 203.. so, I'm okay with that, since I was literally all over the place this past 5 days.. I was up .5 on Sun morn, but I think it was water weight, because it was gone on Monday morn... So thats good! I'm happy with my 203-ness, it lets me know I will be okay in maint-land one day.. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphi
kateleestar ~ I am the same way. I allow myself 1 day a week to at least eat at my BMR. Plus I think it keeps your body guessing when you are not consistently eating the same amount of calories. You shall be celebrating Onederland real soon.

I know!! It will happen in January... I'm not going to pressure myself, it'll happen when it's meant to happen.. I wont be that girl that FLIPS OUT and ruins it like, two seconds before it happens! :lol: I will have patience and I will keep going. I just have to tell myself that!! hahah.

Shan- That tank is ADORABLE! Do want. :)

Welcome fyre!! Stick around, we can make it there together!! :D

Delphi- I loathe TOM, but I'm on seasonique, so I only have to worry about the water-gain (that way, anyways!) once every 4 months. Whew! :)

Keep going everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!! :carrot:

kateleestar 12-27-2011 11:16 AM

OMG, I lowered my goal. I just wanted to put that out there, say it out loud, sorta, lol...

Only by 15lbs, though... 165 would put me closer to "normal".. I guess, haha. Maybe once I get to 175 I'll see how I feel and stuff, and see if I want to actually go to 165. Eek. That was kinda scary! :lol:

sassyangies 12-27-2011 04:01 PM

Hi ladies.. I am so sorry I was MIA last Thursday. I missed my weigh in, but I stayed at 286. Plus this site has not let me log in or use it for 2 days now. Blah.. I finally downloaded firefox and now it's working again. YAY! I was starting to panic.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We had a great one, but I am happy that it is over.
I'll be checking in now that I have access to the site.

Jojo381972 12-27-2011 08:52 PM

Hey girls! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I've been quite busy with the holidays, and feel like I totally ate too much.

prairiegirl..congrats on your small loss. Can you add my weigh in for the 15th which was 213, and I didn't weigh in, but you can keep the same weight for the 22nd. I'm going to weigh in on the 30th, and I'll be working out and eating good for the next three days. I'm kind of dreading getting on the scale.

CKatelee: Congrats on changing your goal and getting so close to 200.

InsideMe: Congrats on the weight loss!

sassyangies: congrats on not gaining! Glad you can finally get on the site..

Welcome to the newbies! Jump right in.

Delphi, hope you feel better soon..

Anyone else hate the holidays as much as me? I just started my TOM so i feel even more bloated... I was going to weigh in on Friday to see the damage caused from Christmas.. I was glad to go back to the gym today though. One day at a time ladies.

Sunshine4 12-27-2011 10:57 PM

Is it too late to join? I'm new to this forum and looking forward to getting in shape for summer! I will weigh in the morning and post my weight and goal.

Thanks!!

Delphi 12-27-2011 11:19 PM

Sunshine ~ :welcome: Never too late to join.

jojo ~ I feel ya girly. On top of all the Christmas cheer my belly had and then TOM shows up and adds even more bloating. Frustrating to say the least, but we will get through it. January is right around the corner and we can say buh bye to TOM for at least another month.

sassieangies ~ Glad to here you are back up and running. I switched to Firefox years ago and swear by it. Hope you have better luck with it as I have.

kateleestar ~ You know I did that last time. I actually got down to 164 and I thought I was hot stuff then. This time around I am going for 150 as I still feel like that has always been the weight right out of reach. It is good for you to gauge it yourself though. Small goals in increments can be even more rewarding for some. I set small goals for each month to get me past the daunting goal of 150 and I think it really helps. In any case, goodluck.

In any case, I don't do well this time of the year. I actually joined this site a few years ago and almost got to my goal. I was down to 164 and then on New Years Day my 4 year old son passed away. I gained nearly 40 pounds since then and here I am. I digress. My point is I loathe the New Year coming now. My new years never starts until the 2nd. So I am going to do my best and keep my eye on the prize and try to celebrate my sons life and not mourn for my loss.

Sorry, had to vent a bit ladies..hope you don't mind. Now regarding being OP. I have really been right back at it but my scale is preventing me from seeing it. Just gonna get through this week and hopefully the stars will align and the weight loss gods will smile down on me and give me a whoosh.

You ladies have a great day and keep up the awe inspiring work. :carrot:

fyreflie24 12-28-2011 09:54 AM

Delphi: Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Much love to you. Be kind to yourself and we'll all be here :)

Hey Sunshine!

Insideme: Hey girl!! :) What's up with you?!

Jo: I'm up about 2 lbs which, for everything I've eaten, I'll take! Hope to have it off by New Year's day. December isn't my best month by far, but if I'm down and back on track I'll take it and move forward.

Hey KateLee!! You're doing great! :) keep it up!

I'm traveling now but yesterday I really honkered down with the food. Was at my ILs (ugh) so I loaded up on shrimp before dinner and just had a salad with dinner (luckily, they didn't put dressing on). I figured the damage wasn't too horrid since my jeans still fit :)

sassyangies 12-28-2011 10:14 AM

Hi ladies.. My weigh in is tomorrow, but I'm afraid I have gained. I knew it was too good to be true getting through Christmas and eating whatever I want I'm bound to gain, but I'm back on track and ready to do this. 2012 will be the last year I am fat. It needs to be.

Delphi sorry for your loss. We will be here to support you!!

Donamari that must be hard traveling and keeping OP. Good for you for finding ways to get through it. That's awesome!! Your doing great.

Jo I don't hate the holidays because I love to celebrate with my family and we are big Christmas people, but I do hate that I can't focus on both. I feel like I can't focus on just weight loss and Christmas. Or weight loss and life.. It's really hard and something I need to work on.

berryblondeboys 12-28-2011 10:35 AM

Ok, I'm in my 40's but I'm joining in too. I have until August to get more in shape and lose the last of the weight. I so can do this.... I'll do a before photo today or tomorrow. Eek!

I just posted in the looking and feeling great thread/forum to try to find a good suit for my body.... It will be a difficult challenge for me.

Sunshine4 12-28-2011 01:59 PM

Ok... Here are my numbers:

Current weight - 159
Goal weight - 129

Thanks!
Angela

Matilda08 12-28-2011 03:59 PM

Im in! Not new but re-committing myself I need to stop gaining and get back on the losing team!!