Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #121  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Shalyn - Sorry to hear of the scale playing dirty tricks... but so glad your baby is being sustained better I would leave the ticker right there too! so good to see you popping in!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I will have to catch up when I get home on Sunday. Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I am having a great time. Lots of exercise, water, but not perfect on eating. I decided not to allow it to bug me etc, the NICE thing is, my clothes still fit comfy. I was worried. I can't wait to get home, weigh-in and get back on FULL plan.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss my daily log-ins. Today was our anniversary photo shoot, here is one pic that was taken. Thought I would share. Chat soon! I will let you know what the scale reads on Monday. I know all of you will have to get those celebration hats ready all over again, because I will be back in the 200's for the LAST time. Have a GREAT night.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Shalyn - I would leave the ticker too!

ItsMy - I know you've enjoyed your visit with your parents. I'll be thinking of you today as you hug them off until the next time. I hope they have a smooth trip back home.

Transforming - So nice to get a quick update from you! I'm glad you're having a great trip so far and that your clothes still fit! Your anniversary picture is FABULOUS! Can't wait to see the others! I simply cannot get over how much your face has changed - you're beautiful!!!! You and DH are a very attractive couple. Enjoy the rest of your trip and don't worry about the 200s...if you did pop back into them, you'll get back out in no time as soon as you're back on plan next week.

As for me - I'll be MIA until next Sunday because I leave for my trip this morning. I'll try to keep up on my phone, but posting from it tends to take too long. It was a busy week at work wrapping up for my time off - then yesterday was nonstop from sun up to sun down...work, DD11 had a cross country meet after school, then straight to goal keeper soccer practice, then we went on a haunted hayride so we could spend a fun night together as a family before I leave them for the week. A fun day, but busy...and then I had to come home and pack because I hadn't even started that yet! Finishing up now, LOL! Hope you all have a good weekend and a good week if I don't pop in before then.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Sssssskkkkkrrrrrreeeetch. That was me sliding in late as I seem to have missed the drama. So sorry not to be here to support everyone.

Shalyn and Jen: so sorry your bodies aren't in balance. If it's any help, I had a friend who breastfed for a long time and lost tons of weight because of it. But she swore it only started coming off after a year. What might not help is she's a fairly skinny chick to begin with. Ok, so actually I have no idea what I'm talking about and am really just trying to be supportive!

It's my turn: Can't believe you don't play the nurturer (that word looks weird) role in your family. You're always so up beat and positive! Hope the last bit of time with your family is magical. I'm seeing my mom tonight and we're having dinner and going to a show.

Transforming: You look so stunning! Your face has really softened.

Everyone else: what did I miss, what did I miss?

This week has been incredibly hectic. Work is unbelievably busy and I have no idea how to balance work, a social life, dating (haha - not getting far there!) and getting to the gym. Oh, and sleep - that seems to suffer the most. The fitness lady at gym gave me a real beating last Sunday and showed me lots of new strength exercises. I didn't ever realise how weak my back is. But then I didn't get to gym again until yesterday. But I worked hard, and am really sore all over today. Love that feeling. And I had a surprise when I got on the scale this morning as I've lost almost 2 pounds. Total: 14 pounds down. I suspect that might go up a little bit since it was such a dramatic loss all in one go, but I know it'll settle. Off to see John Cleese tonight - so excited!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #125  
~Star~

Transforming - HI!!!!! So glad you popped in! You look wonderful in your picture! What an adorable couple! I wouldn't worry about a bounce up from the good time; Now you have the knowledge to also go down again

dogdays - We are going to miss seeing ya, but so glad you are getting some time! That time with your daughter sounds fun! Has been forever since I went on a Haunted Hayride, they used to have them where I came from in Maine Have a Fantabulous week!!!

momwannabe - I know right??? It's because I am upbeat and positive that makes me the motivator and fixer... nurturing... well, not so much, LOL! I do try though, really Wow! You have some super plans tonight! Great! Super job on the loss too!!!! That's so great that you can FEEL the difference when you "earn" it LOVE IT!!!!

AFM - I am down 1.2Lbs today. Time to change the ticker. I didn't expect it since I am holding water in abundance, but I am not arguing... take that number and RUN! LOL! Got the parents to the airport today, made sure they passed security before we left... I'm sad, but trying not to think about it. My father decided that he wanted to go to Stage Coach Days last night, even knowing it won't be in full force until today, since they would be gone (that's the big event of the town that my youngest DD is performing at today). I think it was all the shiny lights from the rides that got him interested, LOL! Men just love shiny things,
Old 10-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

transforming, what a beautiful anniversary picture!

shalyn, I hope you are doing ok. I am in this battle with you. The good news is at least when I am eating like a hog--my supply is great!

dogdays, have fun on your trip!

myturn, yay for the poundage loss. Sorry about your parents. I hope DD has fun in her performance.

momwb, I hope you learned something beneficial from the beating at the gym. Congrats on the 14 down.

afm: I get up every morning and weigh and every morning it sucks. Well this morning, I had worked like crazy yesterday to up my supply---pumping and nursing..nursing and pumping and of course--I ate like ****. So I woke up with milk galore. So MAYBE the extra pound is from milk. I can hope. Feeling a little doughy so I am going to do some strength training again--but I'm not pushing myself. I made up my mind I WILL NEVER do anything non-sustainable again. So I am going to do some light strength, and see how I feel. I NEED to get my eating under control. Counting calories ALWAYS backfires on me. I eat more junk that way--don't ask. I might try the exchange program again. For now, I'm back to IF until 3 pm...and I just have to fix my STOP time...and we will see.

still haning in there. Thanks everyone. Keep up the prayers.

I got a blessing. I won a $100 prize in the raffle at family fun night and SO's fire dept.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Shalyn and Jen - sorry about the struggles. Glad the milk supply is back though.

Jen - Congrats on that extra $100!

ItsMy - Congrats on the loss! That's great! And sorry to hear your folks are leaving. I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful visit though. Your parents sound like a hoot. Good luck to your dd today!

Momwanna - Great loss and sometimes those gym beatings are a GOOD thing. Sore means you are doing something right!

Dogdays - Hope you guys have a fantastic time on your trip!

Transforming - OMG I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!! Where did you have it taken at? Oh and welcome back!!!

AFM... Finally got back to the gym yesterday. All last week the only thing I did exercise-wise was the C25K and finished up week 2 on Friday. I did Week 1, Day 1 today and that was the first time pretty much since High School that I ran 3 miles consecutively! (ahem, some 20 years ago..) But we got dd confirmed Thursday night and after Tuesday and Wednesday tryouts she made the bowling team! (I'm glad she's active in h.s. again.. she was on the flag team for her first two years but then quit last year - much to my dismay).

Oh and talking with the parents, hubby and aunt.... we've decided that we will take DD to Disney World for her graduation in May. SQUEEEEE! I'm going thru serious withdrawls too. I haven't been in almost 5 years. Sooo, yet another reason to lose weight!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #128  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Thanks to everyone for the concern. My milk supply is getting better (in exchange for some carbs!).

Jen- i just spent a week eating anything I wanted, no holding back. Yesterday I actually felt like my breasts were a little full...hadn't felt that in a while, like 2 months. So it was my way of eating! Low carb will just have to wait! I'm back up to 206...blah. I too feel doughy!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #129  
~Star~

Jen - Congrats on the $100 score!

Jen & Shalyn - Glad to hear the milk is back Sorry you both feel like you are struggling through it all, but the babies will be thankful

geauxgirl - Way to get back to the gym!!!! Glad to hear about your DD making the team Disney World sounds exciting!!!! I have never been, but hear it is a great time!

AFM - DD did wonderful at her performance last night! I was so proud! Then I look over and some people from the same town in Maine I am from were sitting to the left of us! They moved to the same town here in AZ, heard Stacia would be performing and came to show support ! Holy blessed! We did quite a bit of walking at the Stage Coach Days, so just counted that as my exercise... today will be back on track for a bit more intense fitness Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Shalyn, I know what you mean. My breasts have been feeling really full, and he has been getting full and that makes me feel really good. I introduced some carrots into his diet. But, he has been nursing alot! This is coming from a growth spurt. He has been doing more things--so I imagine he needs extra right now.

Myturn, what a blessing there were people from home to cheer her on! So glad you had fun walking.

gg, bowling team sounds like a fun sport for your dd, I am glad you are winning in the exercise area.

afm: I have been glued to my computer for 6 hours today. I HATE IT. I had a project due, which I put off til the last, because we have been having moment after moment of crisis. So tired, don't want to look at the screen tomorrow. another busy week ahead. AT least I know I have to NIX the calorie counting. I just feel like I blew it too easily---which makes me eat more junk (cuz that is the remedy right?)

I have been fasting until 3 pm for a few days. I forgot how HARD it is to not eat. Today I made it to 4:30pm and that was all she wrote. My stomach is back to growling again...which it hasn't done in a while. I know I ate enough calories at the end of the day, cuz my little man nursed like crazy tonight. About to do another round. So tired. I hope I can get up in 3 hours for DS.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Dogdaysofdiets, thank you! Wow, you sure had a busy time before your trip! Where did you go? Was it for work or fun? I hope you have a good time, either way.

Momwannabe, Thank you Yes, scheduling everything in is a job within itself. I wish there was more hours in a day. LOL Sounds like you had an awesome workout, you will be amazed at how fast that will change, you will get stronger and stronger. I love seeing the difference in my body. When I first started to do push-ups I could only do 3 - 5! Now I can do 70+. You will get there! Awesome job with the 2 lb loss!!

Itsmyturn, Thanks so much. Awesome job! You will be in the 80's in no time. Getting my party hat ready! I know saying goodbye was hard. ((hugs)) Hope they visit you again soon! Happy to hear, the performance went great!

Jen, Thank you! Woohoo! Congrats on the $100. Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Hope your week lightens up. ((hugs))

geauxgirl, Thank you! We had a photographer in Orlando FL, she took some photos in a nearby park, along with photos in her studio. You are doing great! That is great your daughter made the team! Oh I know you are excited about Disney World. That is GREAT! You will enjoy it, especially being a smaller version of yourself. The last time I went, I was 56 lbs heavier. OMG was it so nice, plus having cute clothes to wear. You will do great, and it will be good motivation for you.

As for me, I didn't weigh in yet this morning, doing that at 7am. Weighed in last night at 206, so I am hoping to see 203.x today. I will let all of you know how that goes. I will be happy with a 5 lb gain. LOL We got home last night, decided to stay an extra night in KY (visiting my husbands family). All in all it was a GREAT trip. Nice and relaxing. I will post some pics, as soon as I can.

I hope everyone has a good day! Chat soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Shalyn - glad the supply is building back up.

ItsMy - So glad your dd did so well! And that's so cool about that family from Maine! How awesome is that!?!

Jen - Sorry its been a rough few days. Hope things look up for you soon.

Transforming - Wow the photo came out GREAT. I can't wait to see the rest of your vacation pics! Where did yall stay again? Onsite or off? We're just starting our plans. My personal favorite resort is Coronado but we're gonna have my parents, aunt, daughter and hubby too. So unfortunately we'll have to come to some sort of agreement lol. Good luck on the scale this morning. I'm sure the amount of walking that you do at Disney is sure to offset some of the weight gain with the food.

AFM... Monday was good and OP with eating but Sunday was a big ole bust. A good friend of ours came over for a visit and with her she brought her leftovers from tailgating on Saturday. And we made margaritas and I'm sure I ate a ton of chips and spinach dip (surely the spinach part was good.. the cheese, not so much). But I rarely have a true "cheat" day so I guess that counts. The scale hasn't been right since then though. Hoping to get back to normal here soon. Did c25k this morning and I'm going to the gym tonight too.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #133  
~Star~

Jen - How's the IF going? Any better? Hope your project load has lessened

Transforming - I sure hope that scale cooperates for you today I am so glad your trip was so wonderful!!!! YAY!!!!

geauxgirl - I am glad Monday was good and on plan for you...and I wouldn't call Sunday a total bust if you enjoyed it - might have been what you needed to rejuvenate yourself

*hugs all around* Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #134  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Jen and Shalyn, Breast feeding can be trying sometimes but, it is so worth it for the baby. Glad to hear that your supplies are getting better.

geauxgirl, Glad that you are back at it on Monday. Having a cheat day now and again is not all bad. Good Luck!

Itsmyturn, You are almost in the 180's I can't wait till I am where you are now. You are doing great.

AFM, Rough week last week, My husband's mother passed away last Tuesday after battling lung cancer for about a year. Needless to say my diet went out of the window since we were 3 hours from home for 5 days. It is rough to lose someone but, then to have to go through an entire lifetime of possesions in one weekend is really difficult. I am home and back to work hoping that my family can find normal again soon. We have been running to and from Detroit area for around 2 months. I was surprised to see on the scale this morning that I only gained 1/2 a pound.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Transforming, I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and the picture looks great. Don't worry about the scale it will show you the number you want to see.

Last edited by khumphrey; 10-25-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #135  
~Star~

khumphrey - So sorry to hear of your loss. We just lost my MIL this passed May 15 after many physical battles... it is hard. I am glad to hear only a half pound difference with all the chaos you had to deal with, that's amazing.
Closed Thread