Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Im tired and achey, I have what I am pretty sure is strep throat. I seem to get it this time of year alot. I will read everything later when I have some relief from this sore throat.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

ItsMy - So glad your boss let you go early and I'm relieved you made it home. I was worried about ya last night!

Jen - hope you feel better. Maybe some hot tea or coffee will help that throat.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Itsmyturn, Thanks, I haven't had it since Wed. Hopefully, my body adjusted! LOL I hear ya, exercise sure helps your body, mind and soul, the only problem is fitting it in your schedule, which is why I do it first thing in the morning, I want to make sure nothing happens, keeping me from my workout. Aww that is great, the kids called a family meeting for more family dinners. AWESOME! GREAT workout, and I do the same thing when working out, I zone into what I will be wearing etc, just gives me extra energy. Dust storm sounds horrible, happy to hear you made it home and you are doing better!

Dogdays, Sorry to hear that. It is crazy! Great job on a low gain. It will come off soon! Thank you! I still can't believe I am half way there.

geauxgirl, Thank you! I heard about fried turkeys, how great they taste, I never had one, and looks like now I never will. LOL I know what you mean, my family will be the same way, but I am bringing 1/2 healthy, and the other 1/2 not, its up to them with what they want to eat. Woohoo! Awesome job! Celebrate! TOM will be gone soon. Congrats on completing week 4!

khumphrey, Thank you! I am right there with you! The time flew by fast, and I have yardwork to do, landscaping actually, but decided to wait until Spring. I hope you get it what you want done before then. I hope your eye gets better soon. I would love to do a meet up too.

Jen, I hope you feel better soon.

As for me, I am doing ok. I have been dealing with an allergy cold the past few days, doctoring myself up, seems to get a little worse each day, but manageable. Of all times to hit.....my body has been super sore from my new workouts. I hope it starts to ease up, because I do not want to take any time off. LOL Finished my food shopping/planning last night. Today, we are making chili, spaghetti sauce, turkey meatballs, and freezing it. Makes it nice and easy during the week with meals. Yesterday, we made pizza, I didn't have any sauce left (spaghetti sauce in the freezer), so I looked in my cabinet, saw a can of tomatoes fire roasted with garlic, so I decided to put it in the blender, omg it made GREAT pizza sauce! Plus it is cheap, $1 a can, and I only needed 1/3 of the can, I put the rest in the freezer, in case I need it again. I love making my own, because I use fresh tomatoes, herbs and spices and is VERY low in sodium.

Almost time for my workout out. Today is yoga day! I hope everyone has a great day/weekend!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone!

So I survived the week. I don't even want to count how many hours I worked this week, but I'm betting it's up near 90. I only have 5 more weeks of work, but so many people need help this time of the year, that I'm really trying to fit everyone in. And then we had a leak in our building so I've been mopping up water all morning.

Needless to say, the thing that got lost this week was gym and sleep. Really hoping to get back into work out mode this next week. But my eating has been on plan, even with one unexpected eating out night. Hanging around the 153 mark - about 17 pounds down.

Sounds like everyone's had some challenges this week! You are all amazing for hanging in there. We are an awesome group if I say so myself ;-)
Old 11-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #200  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen - Strept throat can be absolutely miserable! I sure do hope you feel better soon!

Geauxgirl - Thank you so much for your concern Nice to know you are cared for.... funniest part, I get home and my family is oblivious to how the conditions are outside the border of our city - so had to turn on computer for my husband to see and THEN he was in shock that I drove through... oy! LOL!!!

Transforming - It's always sore times after doing different workouts, I am sorry you have to deal with body aches from not feeling well too Enjoy your yoga!!!

momwannabe - it sounds like you sure are juggling a lot! I am so glad you have been able to stay on plan with your eating through all of that! That's wonderful! Great job!

Here we have woken up to a layer of dust on everything! Apparently I didn't close the window soon enough, Oops, my bad! So some of today will be clean up from the storm, and have got to get my weights in today sometime too. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
Old 11-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

ItsMy - glad you made it home safely. I don't think I'd enjoy dust storms, LOL. I can barely tolerate our snow. I'm fascinated by dynamics in other parts of the country. Never dawned on me that dust storms could be traffic impacting like that.

Transforming - sorry to hear about your allergies. I hope you feel better soon.

Geauxgirl - Congrats on whooshing into the two-teens! Well done!

Khumphrey - I agree; this is a wonderful group of support! You guys are my rocks!!

Momwanna - wowsers!! 90 hours is insane! You must be exhausted. I hope you get some downtime soon.

Jen - sorry about the sore throat. Hope it passes quickly.

Update on me - the vacation pounds have come off and then some. New low this morning!! I was very excited. I know the whole metabolism resetting theory is controversial but I'm really starting to think my week half off/half on plan (still lots of exercise, so no change there) really jump started my metabolism again. Since returning to 100% plan last Sunday, I've had major whooshing down. I find those patterns fascinating - I'm a nerd, LOL!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #202  
~Star~

dogdays - Congrats on the new low! That was a really fast vacation recovery!!! Great job!
Honestly I have found the occasional dust storm not to be as bad as snow (I have lived in an abundance of both). We have no black ice to deal with on the roads, no worry of plows coming by in time for work.. so I guess each area has their quirks
Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #203  

myturn, yuk on the dust storm. I am glad you are safe and sound.

transforming, I Hope you feel better too. I think I like to stretch when I am stressed out and feel achey.

dogdays, congrats on the new low, I hope to get back to seeing new lows again.

momwb, seems you are getting plenty of practice for juggling life with a little one, with or without kids though it is stressful. I hope you find some peace.

gg, whooshes are awesome!

khumphrey, my yard is calling me everyday. I have roses, and flowers to tend to, and everyday nothing gets done. My roses are being bold and trying to look pretty for me, but I need to cut them back...really a beautiful garden inspires me, and gives me a much needed relaxation fix.

afm: throat is sooo much better, I started the anti-b's and feel much, much better. I can function. But in my sickness, I forgot my homework again, and I have another group project due. I appealed to my teacher, but I don't know how gracious she will be, so pray for favor.

someone mentioned my eating seemed unhealthy. Not really if you consider what a big eater I am, I can put stuff away in 2 hours. That is why I chose this style...the rest of the day is a liquid fast, which I really am NOT liking. Especially if I eat early in the day. Tonight is a real TEST. I love having dinner, and I am having some cream of mushroom soup for dinner instead of something else. I did it because I have become almost gluttonous, and when I restrict myself, I don't take food for granted anymore.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #204  
~Star~

Jen - I am SOOOO glad your throat is starting to feel better. Strep sucks, almost feels like swallowing glass. The last bout with strep I had, literally almost killed me...they couldn't find it, yet allergic to the antibiotics they normally use... was a bad coaster that planted me in hospital with them calling my family. Sounds like your garden is like therapy I think we all need an outlet like that

AFM - did an hour on the gym doing circuit training and ended with 10 min cool down on elliptical... I know, not much of a cool down, but felt soo good. Abs are hurting and reminding me they are now alive and not happy with me, LOL! So...went walking the dog tonight with DH LOL! DH kept calling me a workout glutton I am officially back in the swing of things - so much that even DH agreed to go biking with me tomorrow morning! YAY! I look forward to our rides! Hope you all have a super night!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #205  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Hola everyone, hope your weekend was great

Jen hope you've got over your sore throat, DH and the kids have just come down with yet another cold (darn kids and bugs shesh) so I'm just hoping I don't get it. Especially as he is off to Australia in a couple hours and I don't want to be sick looking after lil monkeys by myself.

gg I hadn't thought about celebrating 100lb loss but now that you've suggested it I'm excited. Not sure what I'll do, probably a massage.

IMT can't imagine living anywhere that has a dust or snow storm. I like moderate temperate weather!

dogdays congrats on the loss, keep going girl!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning lovely ladies (and gents too, if you are out there...)

Transforming - that Pizza sauce sounds delicious! I have a love/hate relationship with pizza. Right now I hate it. (Much to hubbys dismay). Anyway, hope you get to feeling better soon! Its that time of year for allergies I suppose.

Momwannabe - wow great job staying OP with eating. That must have taken alot of willpower with all those crazy hours you are working.

ItsMy - Men, sheesh. lol Hope you guys have a great bike ride today!

Dogdays - that's a fantastic whoosh you had there!

Jen - hope those antibiotics kick in for you and you continue to be on the mend!

Jitter - you should get that massage or something! You deserve it!

AFM, nothing much to report today. I did work out like a fiend last week. I managed every single day with the exception of Wednesday. So I finally feel like I'm back in the swing of things exercise wise and food has been OP as well. I've seen 219 on the scale two days now so hoping I'm finally out of those dreaded 220s for good. So so tired of seeing that number!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #207  
~Star~

Jitter - Ola

geauxgirl - It sure sounds like you have crossed that line into the 2-teens officially I am so happy for you! You are really putting in the effort, so you are now receiving your just reward in my book Great job!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #208  

myturn, I thought it felt like razor blades myself. It aggravated me that the dr. at the express care acted like I didn't have it, because I know I did, once I had it, I never will forget that pain. And not only that, my WHOLE body. Sorry they almost killed you with antib-s. Be very careful with that!

gg, the proof is in the pursuit, and you are rocking that exercise. keep it up.

jitter, my friend told me she visited a friend's house today and EVERYBODY in the house had strep throat. (I hope it is not my fault). I think we are going to experience an outbreak, i'm glad to have it over with. I hope your little ones get better. little ones are just miserable when they are sick.

afm: saw 192 again on the scale, so this way is working for me. It really reminds me that food is a tool, I don't understand why I get so out of control (binging) but fasting really does seem to reset me. I also don't know why the intermittent fasting stopped working? I feel alot better, but i am tired.

My project was due by 12 am Arizona time, and they are normally 3 hours before me, but tonight they are 2 hours before me and I didn't realize! I lost an hour!!! Project was almost late. Gah! My classmate in arizona informed me of the discrepancy. I did not finish a few things...I hope it won't hurt us too much.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #209  
~Star~

Jen - when daylight savings time hit, we changed to 2 hrs behind you. We don't adjust our clocks.

I am glad the fasting is helping to reset you Your body may have gotten accustomed to the IF and that may be why it was no longer effective? You were maybe needing to mix it up a bit?

Have a Happy Monday all!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning,

momwannabe, that is a very busy week. Hope everything eases up this week so you can hit the gym. Great job with your eating! You are doing awesome!

Itsmyturn, Thanks! You are doing great! Have a great bike ride with hubby.

Dogdays, Thank you. Awesome job! You are doing great! I think you are right, after my vaca, the weight just came off.

Jen, Thanks! Happy to hear you are feeling better. I hope everything goes well with your project.

geauxgirl, Thank you. How do you make your pizza? I am sure you will not see the 220's. GREAT job!

As for me, everything is going good. Going to the dr today for a physical and this allergy cold. Hopefully, it goes away soon. I am still on plan with my workouts/food. I am up 1 lb, hopefully I see a loss this week.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day.
Closed Thread