Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

just checking in. Feeling really DISCOURAGED about the weight loss thing, but you ladies are all doing so great.

transforming, your dd looks just like you. She is very pretty.

everyone else, we are fighting the good fight and I'm proud to be a member of this team.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #167  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen - awww! Don't be discouraged hon! You are an inspiration to me You are not only trying to figure out what works while jugging the nursing thing, but have added issues of fitting in with the family stuff, trying to be a mommy, etc. Yet you still know that devoting time for yourself to gain more health is important - seeing you constantly trying to fit that in cause YOU are worth it, has been an inspiration to me to know I am worth it and deserve to do that as well. Your kids are young, mine are older, if you can do it, no reason I shouldn't be able to Please, I know it is frustrating, but just remember to go by how you feel... forget those evil scale numbers for a bit maybe and go simply on your overall feel of yourself?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #168  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I just wanted to say to everyone that I think we are all doing amazing. Those approaching ONEderland keep it up, I forget now who said Jan 1st was looking less likely, give yourself some lenience, I mean this time of year is HARD! Halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years... its a dieters nightmare -LOL- But if we can eat less than before that is great! If you can't resist don't beat yourself up, this is the time of the year for celebrations lets enjoy but not blow out!

For those feeling in need of inspiration I stole this from another board.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #169  
Mummy-tummy battler

Decided to post progress pics that I took today

Me at around 120kg (265lb), I don't have a photo at my heaviest. And then me today at 88kg (195lb)

Me in my old fat jeans. No way am I ever going to fit these again
Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow Jitter you look remarkable! (and it was me who said that about the whole Jan 1st thing). Thanks for those words. I've been really caught up in this stupid number and plateau that I'm on and I'm not really looking at the overall picture here.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! I really need to try to only get on the scale on actual weigh in days (Friday and Sunday. Friday is one for a challenge that I'm on and Sunday is my personal w.i. day). I just want to be in that next decade so badly!

Oh well new month today and ya'll dont forget that daylight savings time is this coming weekend (those of us in the States..)
Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #171  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

ItsMyTurn- to be out of plus size clothing...oh how glorious that must feel! I just went
shopping for jeans and had to buy the same size (18) just tighter fitting ones. Since I have no bum and small legs but a big tummy, its really hard to find nice fitting jeans. The old loose jeans fit well on my tummy but are soooo baggy in the leg and bum area it looks ridiculous. The new ones fit well on the legs but make me have a muffin top. Which is better!?

Jen- I understand your discouragment. Remember you aren't alone and this is just a normal phase in the dieting cycle. You WILL overcome it!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #172  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jitter - You look amazing!

Shalyn - It sounds like you and I have the same body type. If I got pants to fit on my waist, then it looked like I was swimming in the legs.... if I got them to fit the legs, they were way too tight on my waist to be able to sit comfortably or I would spill over the top. I am all belly... no hips, no bum... although I have always had decent looking legs - they are thicker with muscle, but that's about it. Frustrating on trying to find nice things, but I never had a choice but to muscle through it because of working in corporate setting. I soooo feel your pain. Any consolation though, when you are able to hit the losing battle again, it does start to even out a bit (still belly favored a lot), easier to find pants to fit better.*hugs* You are amazing though... I could have never thought of maintaining weight while nursing... one big task at a time is how I function, You soooo rock!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #173  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Jen, do not feel discouraged, you are doing great and the weight will come off.

Jitter, you look great and have done a great job!

Shalyn, we make so many sacrfices becoming and being moms, I know that you will get out of those 18's before you know it.

Transforming, your dd is beautiful. and you are doing so great.

As for me another pound gone, we have got through the funeral and we are back home for awhile at least until right before Christmas. Unfortunately when my husbands mom passed away it closed a chapter in all our lives. We will not need to travel down that way very much any more. I still feel so sad for my boys, including my hubby. Well all of you are doing so great keep it up.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Itsmyturn, Thank you so much! I am trying my best to change all of our futures. To live a long, healthy, and happy life. Happy to heat you got everything done. Awesome on the skirt. I know you are on cloud 9! Yes, working out makes a huge difference. You are transforming your body, and when the fat melts, you will see the progress. Awesome job!

Jen, Thank you! Sorry to hear that. Keep pushing forward, that is all you can do! You are worth it! Always remember that. ((hugs))

Jitterfish, I love that quote! Thanks for posting it! Awesome job! I love your pics! You look amazing!

Geauxgirl, You are doing great! I know how badly you want to see it. Just know it will be soon!

Khumphrey, Thank you. Hugs to all of you.

As for me, I weighed in today at 194. I reached my 50 lb goal! Feels amazing! Didn't make my Nov 1st goal, which was 193, but I don't care! LOL Looking to change my exercise routine starting tomorrow, adding yoga, and longer cardio/weight training days. Hopefully my muscles don't hold too much water! For recovery. I am on plan with food/water, so I know if I don't see a drop, that is what it is. It will come off sooner or later. Thanksgiving is coming. What is everyone's plan? We are going to my husbands parents house, they are cooking most of the food, and I plan on making 4 healthy dishes, and desserts.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #175  

still incredibly blah today, 194.6 was my morning weight. From now on I am only going by my morning weight.

Little man is so fussy! His nana is coming today, and I just want to pull my hair out. I have tried everything....he's been fussing for an hour now.

myturn, iron sharpens iron. So you inspire me, i inspire you, I don't know how though?

shalyn, I am so glad I have someone with the same obstacles to overcome on here...don't go anywhere. My pants are sagging really badly on me too. I am pretty sure I didn't gain any muscle...I don't know what's up with my pants...but I am sure its not weight loss.

transforming. That is great. I am so glad you are working it. You understand your body, there are no curves being thrown at you...you are getting to your goals. What a blessing.

khumphrey, we know it hurts, but God has a plan. Good job on another lb down.

jitter, you did it with having a little one....you deserve a congratulations. You are looking great!

gg, in nursing school our mental health teacher told us a good strategy for nursing school was to "tie a knot in the rope and hold on" I feel like that now, but I'm holding as tight as I can. I feel like I'm hanging upside down from the ceiling...and my footing is terrible...but I'm gonna hang....you do the same.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #176  
Mummy-tummy battler

gg: I think you need to do what I did and put the scale out of sight. Mine is a cupboard that has the kitchen bin in front of it, so to weigh in I have to move two things, open the door then find the scale. Because I started out weekly weighing but those jumping on the scales increased and it became daily. Some people do good with daily, some better weekly, some better montly. Give twice a week a go like you said but get that scale out of sight!

Shalyn and IMT: I've got weighty legs still, but I hear you on the stomach issue. I really am a mummy-tummy battler, I've got clothes that fit everywhere except the stomach, so its either wearing clothes that are too big or too small. But its getting better, one because fashion seems to be favouring loose tops and the other because the tummy is slowly going away. I so wish I could spot train though!

KH: Congrats on your weight loss when you are going through family stuff like a family loss. I would have blown out, give yourself some kudos.

Transforming woohooo hi-five! [trampoline]

Jen: fussy monsters are so frustrating. I hope Nana makes him happy and gives you some time out. If you can't shake the blah think small, have a little goal to achieve and celebrate when you do. You're doing great!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #177  

well, I'm still going in the wrong direction. It seems EVERYTHING is being stored on my body. I think I am having more of a problem with insulin resistance now...and the if is not working for some reason.

I'm going to do something drastic for a couple of days, I hope my milk supply will hang on.

I am going to take my smooth move tea, and stick to all liquids (teas and breakfast drink) and 1 meal for a couple of days. Hopefully that will give my digestive system, pancreas, and everything a rest.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Jen, Thank you. Sorry to hear that. I hope nana can help. I know how stressful that can be. I weigh myself in the morning, that is what I go by. I hope you find something that works for you. Hang in there! ((hugs))

Jitterfish, Thanks!

As for me, started my new workout this morning. OMG was I sore, and sick afterwards. LOL Felt a little dizzy, drank some water, ate breakfast, and took a rest before work. I am feeling good now. Just shocking the body, I guess. Had a long day, worked overtime, and I am so happy to be home. Looking forward to dinner, and watching Biggest Loser tonight (DVR). I am going to try to stay off the scale until Friday (my official weigh-in day). We will see how long that lasts. Hope everyone has a GREAT night.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #179  

Ok, 1st day down. I drank only teas and water and a breakfast shake, then I ate only for 2 hours.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #180  
Mummy-tummy battler

Jen I know calorie counting didn't work for you but I have to say maybe you need to give it another go (or low carb or intuitive eating whatever) because you current plan doesn't seem too healthy to me. I know you're talking about just a couple days but you've got to take care of yourself for your little one, its not just about milk supply its about your overall health. You're over the half way mark, the last half is always harder than the first. Stop the daily weighing and give it two weeks, see what happens.
Closed Thread