Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

khumphrey, I am so sorry for your loss, I know it is hard to see our loved ones suffer, but at least we have them in our lives. I pray for healing and strength to deal with this. You are so right about it being rewarding. It is probably the oxytocin, but I really ENJOY holding him in my arms and watching him suckle. To go through what you have gone through and only gain 1/2 lb is a wonder!

myturn, it is going better, the first couple of days are like a free for all. You just get so hungry, but that is normal, then you settle down, and that is when the weight loss starts. I saw 190 again yesterday, but then back up to 192 but I was seeing 194. So hopefully, I will continue to go back down. what's new???

gg, remember we are going to have "bust" days along our journey.

afm: I am still straggling, but I am feeling closer to getting with the program again. We have just been slammed with financial issues, then my tooth broke, i think my baby had a stomach bug...he was insanely fussy for days. My oldest has so much to do, he wears me out, and then I look out for my friends who are also in alot of trouble in various areas. And of course there is school.

But HIS strength is made perfect in our weaknesses. I got my tooth fixed for little to nothing, but I pray that my other tooth does not need a root canal like they think. I think it is fine. Just sensitive.

I have yet to do the exercises. I get overwhelmed figuring out what I need to do, I do nothing. crazy huh?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #137  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

It My Turn, New pic looks very nice! It is hard losing a MIL, I am trying to give my hubby as much support as he needs. I still have both of my parents and he has lost both of his I can't even imagine how he must feel.

Jen, I hate anything that has to do with my teeth it usually is so painful, I hope everything worksout and you do not need a root canal. Unfortunately we too are dealing with finacial issues due to my husband being laid-off (which he has been at his new job going on three weeks) and then with his mom passing away and having no preparations and life insurance. It is rough! Once you get everything else figured out the exercising will come, I really like working out to the Zumba DVD's everytime I exercise I can't believe I did it for 45 min. Kids are the best they keep us young or make us feel way old at the same time.

AFM, We are starting to get back to normal a little. Probably will have to make another 3 hour trip this weekend to finish cleaning out my hubby's mom place (it was a rental and we have to have it cleaned out by Nov.1) My children keep me going when times get rough. I love to see them play and laugh it is the best.

Again good luck to all of you!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #138  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jen - I have never done the IF, but it sounds like it works similar to all others, do it for awhile and form better habits That's awesome and I hope it's the best for you Maybe just worry about a little moving instead of stressing over a fitness routine just yet? I don't know, just throwing out ideas

Still struggling medically with some physical issues, so have yet to be able to get back into my fitness comfort zone. I have been looking everywhere to help with things to keep my motivation and attitude positive, so decided to do a side-by-side. I have just facial changes since I avoided cameras like the plague back in the day... but one pic is from the closest to "start" as I could find and the other pic was taken just yesterday morning. Hopefully a difference will be apparent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Changes.jpg (30.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Geauxgirl, thank you so much! We did a 4nt cruise on the Disney Dream, and then spent 2 nts at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sounds like you have a nice little group going. I am sure you will have a great time, no matter which resort all of you decide on. The scale was good to me. I will post my results below. Sounds like you had a great time with your friend, you need that from time to time. The main thing is you are back on plan.

Itsmyturn, Thanks so much! I am posting my results below. I am VERY happy! Love your new pics. You are beautiful! GREAT job!

Khumphrey, Thank you and you are right! I am so sorry to hear of your families loss. I hope god can ease all of your families pain during this difficult time. ((Hugs))

Jen, sorry to hear that! Hope everything gets better. All you can do is take one day at a time. I use to get overwhelmed with exercise, housework, organizing etc. Until I found and read this book called "Eat That Frog". GREAT book and highly recommend it to everyone.

As for me, I weighed in today at 198.2! Talk about amazed! Yesterday, I weighed in at 201.6 a 3.4 lb loss from yesterday?! I knew all of my weight gain was water , but didn't expect to lose it within a day. I did a detox yesterday, my daily food intake consumed of 2 protein shakes (protein, fiber, fruit, veggies) 1 for breakfast, and 1 for lunch, 2 pieces of fruit (1 in morning, 1 in afternoon), 3 cups of green tea (morning, afternoon, night), and dinner was a piece of grilled fish and a huge salad (homemade balsamic dressing). Plus I drank 128 oz of water. I am VERY happy today!

I am at work today. Just found out I will be off tomorrow and Fri, sounds great to me. It will be nice having a long weekend off. I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #140  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Aight ladies I'm back! Semester is over and I don't have to go back to work until March woohoo. Man I love my job -LOL- So I'm back on the boards and back to losing weight. Maintenance worked, I'm still sitting in the same place so I guess I have changed my lifestyle.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #141  
~Star~

jitter!!!!!! Welcome back! I am so glad you get to have time to devote to yourself again now Soooo happy to hear your maintenance was successful!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #142  

jitter, way to go on maintenance, that is how we win the war. Losing the weight is just the battle. I have to say I like your work schedule too.

myturn, ABSOLUTLEY, what a beautiful difference. Your facial structure is coming out and it is so pretty. Beautiful avatar by the way! I hope you feel physically that glow you exert spiritually.

transforming, your detox sounds very healthy! Great job on entering onederland. I hope you get further from the 200 mark. I love green tea and drink it alot.

khumphrey, I am thinking of the song "i will give you peace". by echoing angels. I am praying for strength for you and peace as well.

afm: saw 191 again today, so I know I am on the right track. I really do think insulin resistance has alot to do with my milk supply. When I sensitize my body by doing IF, I know I see better results with nursing, and weight loss.

I had a cathartic moment today. I just busted out bawling...and told my SO I can't raise my eldest by myself anymore. It used to be so easy, but now I feel so lost, especially with his transitioning to manhood. I don't like feeling weak or vulnerable, but I just had to admit it, I can't do it.

I bought hair coloring, but decided a whole color was too drastic, and I am scared to ruin my hair. I bought the cap to pull the strands through, but am not sure I like the color, and then I am not sure I want to do that by myself. lol. Overwhelmed again, so I do nothing.

I move alot, so that is not a problem. I would like to try to work in jogging while I watch tv, I can do that barefoot, I don't have to think about anything, learn anything, or get changed or anything...so that is most realistic for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #143  
Mummy-tummy battler

Jen: Sometimes a good cry is amazing, that release of stress. I hope you get some good support, I offer v/t hugs but I know they don't really help.

Jen and IMT, both your avs are great, you both look so happy in your photos! Perhaps we need to post progress pics for all us ONEderlanders, the hopefuls and those of us who've made it over the border? I want to take a pic of me with my fat jeans, I found them yesterday while searching for something to wear and went oh man!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM   #144  

Good morning!

Jitterfish, welcome back. Congrats on maintaining!

Jen, Thank you! Forgot to add, I do not use sweetener in the green tea (that doesn't taste good LOL). Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your son. That is a hard stage on some parents. Hope everything gets better, and you get the help you need. What color did you buy? I know that can be scary. Have you thought about buying the 6 week washout? My hair stylist told me if I wasn't happy with my color, I could use Pantene, that it strips your hair color, and not to use it unless that was my intention.

As for me, today, I am going to unpack, finally. Nice to have the next 5 days off. I continued my detox yesterday (same as Tues), going back to my regular plan today. Happy it helped me get back on track. Still waiting on my vacation pics, hubby needs to upload them. Here are 2 more pics, the photographer took.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #145  
~Star~

Transforming - you both look AMAZING in black and white accents! Great job

Jen - Sometimes the body takes over and gives us a cry cause IT needs it Sounds like a jog in front of tv would be the perfect plan for ya... just when you feel a little burst of energy, you can get right up and do it

I am back to work today. The pain is still there a bit, but way better and no doubt that I will be able to make the drive in Here is to hoping I just stay on food routine for now and work on fitness over the weekend... if the scale doesn't move Saturday, I won't fret as long as I can keep feeling better Have a super day all!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #146  

Itsmyturn, Thank you. That is my favorite photo so far. Waiting to get the rest, she is puting them on a cd and mailing them. Happy to hear you are feeling better. I agree, work on your food, and worry about your exercise later, when you are doing better. ((hugs))

As for me, I decided to weigh in. I am addicted to daily weigh-ins. Especially after the past couple of days. Well, OMG did that detox help out again. I am shocked! Just weighed in at 196! Plus I have TOM! It arrived yesterday, so of course I thought the scale would go up, reason I wanted to check today. While on vacation, I didn't eat the best, but I wasn't that bad either, but I knew all of my choices had a ton of sodium, which is the one thing I stay away from. Sugar wasn't an issue, I am not a sweets/dessert person. Plus I got lots of exercise in. I started to think I wouldn't make my Oct Challenge, of 10 lbs. It will be close.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #147  
Mummy-tummy battler

I do love b&w photos, the way they smooth skin tones and add a layer of purity.

Well the weekend is here, I need motivation and strength ladies! The weekends always do me in, starting with Friday the temptations grow and the will power dissipates -LOL- Hoping checking in here for daily motivation will help keep me strong and on plan! I want to get out of these damn 190s, and I want to say I've lost 100lbs!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #148  
~Star~

Transforming - apparently a detox was just what you needed, wow!

Jitter - we are here for ya! The weekends is when I am better ON target cause I am not sitting at a desk for 9hr/day, LOL! Maybe I can tag ya into doing some with me "virtually"

Jen - any decisions on the hair color yet?

As for me... making it through work. Have had to keep pumping the anti-spasm med and the tylenol to me, but I am making it! YAY! I have a 2 hr training to do this afternoon and that will help break up some of the monotony for me I like that I am not quite as dragged as I was from fighting the pain yesterday... my eyes are heavy, but my body is so ready to do something Hope everyone else is having an awesome day!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #149  

myturn, I am glad you are feeling pep today! I'm dragging today.

jitter, because you have been on a hiatus, the weekend will seem like you are pushing your goals further out--well if you don't do well this weekend. Just tell yourself that--I'm only prolonging meeting my goals.

Transforming, I like the black and white, but I love the playful color one of you laying in the grass and kicking your feet together. Yay on the good weigh in.

afm, I had a busy day, but some good things. I got my teeth cleaned, I love the feeling of clean teeth. And I finally colored my hair. I bought Dark Brown in Revlon Color Silk. I was very intimidated by it, but just wanted to get it done....and my neighbor's son's girlfriend came by, she is a salon stylist--so I asked her, and she came over and helped me color it and trimmed it for me. She also inspired me that she lost a bunch of weight by going to jazzercise. (She had twins). Anyways, so I am loving the rich color. My hair is naturally a medium reddish brown. And this is just so deep and rich. Also my hair had so many colors in it, the ends were much lighter....and this is uniform and just pretty. This is the first time, I have ever had a permanent color put in, I did a semi perm 10 years ago, and it was a mahogany brown--and my head turned fuschia.

Scale read 190.6. So I am seeing much better numbers. I am going to keep doing IF to get back down...and I am not going to change it up this time....I did too much last time...trying to count calories, trying to increase my exercise, and trying to eat low carbs. While I was doing IF I was losing. I also did very light strength and jogged when I wanted to.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #150  

Good morning

Jitterfish, You are doing awesome! Sorry you have difficulty during the weekend. The weekends are easier for me, I am home and have everything here. Do you plan your meals out? Have snacks on hand? Just take each day, one day at a time. You will reach your 100 lb goal in no time. Congrats!!

Itsmyturn, Yes I was shocked, and agree. Hope you are feeling better today!

Jen, Thanks. I thought that was cute too! That is great you got your teeth and hair done. I know you are loving that. Sweet, that you had someone to help your hair, and get it cut! Bonus! I can't wait to see it. Woohoo you will see the 80's soon.

As for me, just going to get some house cleaning done, finish laundry. Yesterday was my MIL birthday, hubby and I are going to visit with her tonight. Tomorrow we have a Halloween/birthday party, most of the people there haven't seen me since I lost the weight, so they will be shocked. I have 2 sisters that haven't seen me since last Christmas, which I have lost 59.6 lbs since then (last Christmas I weighed 255.6). Then food shop/prep/plan on Sunday. Nice busy weekend. What plans does everyone have?

I hope everyone has a good day/weekend.
Closed Thread