Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 11:53 AM   #31  

hello.

Lauren - sure hope Peter is okay. Sorry you guys have to go to the hospital. Keep us updated when you can.

Rr - 72 degrees sounds awesome!

I should have a small loss tonight at weigh in (probably have a better one if I'd stayed out of those chips!).

Rabbit
*OP since 1/20/03
Old 01-30-2003, 01:39 PM   #32  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, good news for now! We got to the hospital at 7;00 this AM, only to sit around and wait til 8 for the lab to open! Anyway, they stuck his little heel again, and I didn't cry this time. He was drinking a bottle, so he just squealed a little, then back to bottle. We waited for about an hour, and the lab called the doctor, and the doctor spoke to us and said it went down to 16, so we didn't have to be admitted!! But we have to continue to give him the Enfamil Lipil formula every 2 hrs., and go back tomorrow AM for another billi test. We came home this AM and stripped him down to his diaper and put his bouncy seat in front of the window on the dresser. Put the portable heater facing him and let him "soak up the rays"!

He's taking a little break in his swing right now because the sun's not coming in any windows. I really hope his levels continue to go down, so we don't have to be admitted. And I really can't stand giving him formula either. It stinks, he spits it up a lot and it really stains.

Oh, on a good note, I changed his diaper right before we left for the Dr. yesterday, and low and behold, his stump fell off!! I was really surprised, since it was just under a week. I was expecting at least a week and a half or so.

Anyway, DH is taking a nap, and now that Petey is too, I'm off to take a nap...seems like I haven't slept in days. I'll keep you posted tomorrow .
Old 01-30-2003, 04:09 PM   #33  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Lauren!!! Soo glad for u!!! Do U give the breast milk also??? and why do they give the enfamil Lipil?? THat is what I use(only twice) when I need to supplement...
RR
Old 01-30-2003, 05:25 PM   #34  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

Lauren: I'm so glad Petey is doing better!! I will keep my fingers crossed.

I failed my GD screening so now I have to do the three hour one. I'm not fit company right now. Will be back later.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:36 PM   #35  
LBH

RR- I'm not sure if there was a reason for that particular formula, but DH & I figured the reason she said no BM, just formula is because it takes longer to get through the system, and maybe that makes his liver and things work harder, so they get better?? It sounds reasonable, don't know if that it or not.

At least I'm building up a supply of BM in the freezer. Have you used your pump yet? I got almost 5oz. out of each side earlier when I woke up from my nap! Since I have run out of bottles now, I started using the storage bags...I hate them!! What a rip-off, to pay 6 something for the Medela bags, and to twist tie them!! I told DH I definitely need to get the Gerber bags that ziplock.

Karen- I'm sorry you failed the GTT. Did they have you fast for it, or eat breakfast? If they have you eat first next time, make sure you don't have any starches. If you have OJ, just have a little, like 4 oz. or so. When I did mine, I think I had a couple eggs, and some meat, taylor ham or something. Anything high protein will do. I also had coffee and 4 oz. of OJ. When do you have to go back?

Rabbit- Hope WI went well!!

Have a good evening all!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:53 AM   #36  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--I use the gerber bags with the ziplock and then thaw them out and pour the milk in a sterilized advent bottle..The Gerber bags do not work in the Avent holder and the Avent bags are soo expensive with those stupid clips U have to buy!!!Also, Walmart is the cheapest for Gerber bags..I still only get 2.5 oz max when I pump in the morning...I think it is that little portable pump..The Medella PIS that DH ordered for Valentines Day was shipped yesterday according to the tracking thingee!!!Plus Ms Priss has hit that 6 week growth spurt!! She was 10lbs even yesterday(with clothes and a wet diaper) when I went to work to show her off!!!WE have made it to a #1 diaper!!!The nighttime bath and massage is working well!!! She slept 3hr, 3 hrs and then 2 hrs last night!!!She is asleep now soo I am washing dishes and listening to her breath on the monitor!!
Glad Petey is better!!!

Karen--It is ok!! I cried for 3 days when I failed but it is nothing U did wrong..Trust me...Dont get stressed cuz your sugar will elevate from stress also, and follow Laurens advice about eating and U will be fine..U R doing wonderful and will continue right through May 1st!!!!!

Gotta run!! I hear the grunts and hands waving which means she will be screaming soon!!!!
RR
Old 01-31-2003, 02:19 PM   #37  

hello.

I lost 2 1/4 last night at weigh in!!

Lauren - glad Peter is okay and you didn't have to stay at the hospital.

Karen - sorry about your test. Hang in there.

Rabbit
*op since 1/20/03*
Old 01-31-2003, 06:58 PM   #38  
LBH

Hi All,

Well everything went good this AM. His level is down 1 pt. to 15. The Dr. said we can switch back to breastmilk and don't need to be tested again unless he doesn't get better within the next few days. She said it may take a good week to clear up.

Here's a link to his hospital pic:
Peter Pic

Rabbit- Congrats on the loss!!

RR- I have some Avent bottles, a sampler set. I love the bottles, but haven't used the liner one yet. I have pumped quite a lot so far the past few days, so I followed the instructions on the stupid Medela bags, and snipped the bottom over a bottle. What a mess! Spilled a little on the counter...you know that got me pissed, because that's like gold!! From now on, until I use up those bags, I will just un-twist tie them and pour into bottles.
I also am not real fond of the medela bottles, the ones that come with the pump. They're great for pumping...at least until I exceed 5 oz. at a time...but I don't like the nipples, Peter tries to take the whole thing in his mouth, and ends up flattening it.
You will be soo thrilled when you use the PIS!! I have been pumping about 3 times a day the past few days. I should probably pump more, but can't seem to find the time.

Have a great evening all!
Old 02-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #39  

hi all.

Leaving for the weekend. Be home sometime Monday. Have a good one.

Rabbit
Old 02-01-2003, 02:06 PM   #40  

Good morning all,

Well, this is certainly a sad morning. We've been watching the TV most of the day about the shuttle disaster. My family lives by where the pieces came down. The nearest one is about 17 miles from their homes. My dad said he heard two booms. The first one he thought my brother fell out of bed so he went to check on him. The second one he made sure my other brother's house was OK. Then he turned on the TV and found out what it was. I feel so sad for their families.

I am feeling better about the diabetes thing. I'm trying to stay away from sugar this weekend, maybe that will help. I'm supposed to go for my test on Monday if I get my referral from the doctors office today. They are supposed to mail it to me. We are making progress on the nursery. We've got one bookcase out and one emptied. Now we gotta get it downstairs and the books moved. Whew. I'm already tired.

Lauren: I am so glad that Petey is better!! I have some of the Avent bottles that we got at the baby show. They are big though, a couple ounces would be lost in there!! Glad that the pumping is going well.

Rabbit: Hope you have a good trip.

Have a good Saturday.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:46 PM   #41  

Lizzard, I know you work at the space center - just wanted to say how sorry I am. Please take care. -jul
Old 02-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #42  
LBH

Hi All,

Liz- Hope you are Ok down there. I'm soo sorry to hear about the space shuttle this AM.

Rabbit- Have a great weekend!

Well, Peter had his first bath this AM!! He liked it!! I'm soo excited, knowing how he hates being naked, I was afraid he'd hate it. I think it caught him off guard at first, I dipped his feet in, but then he was OK. We took pics, but they didn't come out, because the camera spent the night in the car, and it was all fogged up. Oh well, I'll take some next bath. It pooped him out though, he's asleep on his play mat on the floor!

Last night was a rough night, he was cranky in the evening, then my friend came over for at bit, and he was OK, but not real happy. I gave him three doses of Mylicon drops, about an hour apart, and finally, after my friend left, and we were in bed, he spit up the most spit up I've ever seen!! It was everywhere! So I cleaned him up and changed him. He seemed to relax after that, thank God!

To top it off, DH is sick as a dog. He slept on the sofa last night, so he wouldn't get us sick, if he hadn't already. We got rid of our big sofa, so all we have is an incliner - two pieces that fit together that recline, but the back doesn't go back...make sense? Anyway, it's not comfy to sleep on, because it's love seat size to start, and there's a hard hump in the middle, since it's two pieces. So this AM I sent DH to bed to rest. He has horrible body aches and he's very schnotty. Poor thing, wish he could go to the doctor's today, but there's probably nothing he can do anyway. He's just taking Benedryl and Advil.

But Petey and I had a pretty good night, once he got past the gas. Got up to eat at 2:30, 5:15, and 9:30! I pumped after I fed him at 5:15, so I was up until about 6:00. Called my mom and asked her to come over and help him today, because he was a little fussy this AM, but he calmed down. Mom is here and I was able to shower and get things done. Actually didn't even eat anything beside coffee and OJ until like 1:00! Didn't have time, with Mr. Needy.

Oh well, hope everyone's enjoying their weeekend!
Old 02-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #43  

Hi all,

The room is soon to be empty!! Yeeehaaaa!! A friend is coming over to help DH take the bed up to the attic and then we are done!! I'm going to call my girlfriend later to arrange a time for us to start stripping wallpaper and paint. I'd almost talked myself out of painting since the room is a cream color. It just needs to be white though.

Have a great evening.
Closed Thread