3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   New To This Site - Needing helps controlling Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/238062-new-site-needing-helps-controlling-diet.html)

BakingChick 07-14-2011 08:21 AM

New To This Site - Needing helps controlling Diet

Hi there!
I'm BakingChick, a 30 something who went looking for a place I can come for help, info, and support for this horrible thing called weight :) Three years ago I was 200 lbs. Somehow, I don't know how, but I found my grove for the first time in my life, and was able to lose 70lbs in about 9 months (a healthy, realistic 2-3lbs a week). It was hard at first, but once I got on the losing weight band wagon, I road it easily all the way down to 130. I was feeling good, happy about how I looked. Never ever thought I'd weigh that. I thought 150 would be my goal, but I just kept losing.
Anyway, the maintaining has been so hard on me. I was good for a while, but it's soooooo hard to stick to eating good and exercizing when you're not getting rewarded by a smaller number every time you step on that scale. It seems once I added a few more things into my diet, I suddenly lost all my good-healthy diet thinking and turned into the old me, all or nothing. Here come the days of "screw it, I ruined the good eating day already, might as well get in everything I want now, and start again good tomorrow". Tomorrow, story of my life. And now I just can't seem to stop with the bad eating habits. I've gained back 10lbs since the beginning of last winter. I'm hovering between 135 (on a good week) and 140 (on a week like this week).
I still work out; I work out more now than before, trying to even out the bad food I've eaten for the day, but it's not enough.
Any help out there?
Oh, quick about me. I'm a stay at home mom to three. Who adores baking :) And could do it all day, every day. Keeping my hands busy making it so that I don't eat it :)

Mitza24 07-14-2011 10:28 AM

I am in the same boat as you. Will be in the 160's, get down to the 130's-140's and then start all over again. I wish my brain would just agree and know that I have to do this for the long haul instead of every few months really getting into it.

ShanIAm 07-14-2011 10:34 AM

I have no real advice, only hugs. I would recommend posting this in the Maintenance forum as people who have reached goal and in maintenance (or trying to get off those 10 pounds they gained) are going through the exact same thing you are. I am in the same boat. My original goal was to get to the weight I am now but when I got here I wanted to lose another 8-10 pounds. BUT, I decided not to try so hard. I started incorporating more higher calorie meals into my week. Once a week turned into two times and then three times. Now that I got a taste of the good life, literally, I am dragging my feet going back! *sigh*

It's all about willpower and determination. Which I am positive I will get back once I see the scale going down. But I know I have to have that willpower BEFORE the scale goes down! Such a evil, evil catch 22! :)

mkroyer 07-14-2011 10:37 AM

Baking-- you should hop over to the Maintenance Forum and join the threads there.... this is a VERY common struggle i believe 95% of us maintainers have! Theres even a support thread going for the maintainers trying to lose back the 10 or so pounds theyve gained.... youd fit right in

Good luck

BakingChick 07-18-2011 02:27 PM

Hey thanks guys! I actually didn't even see a maitenence forum...I'll hop on over there right now :) Had a specially bad week last week, and didn't loose a thing. Luckily I had a rare chance to do a great workout today and will get that chance every morning this week. Here's to finally getting on a better schedule ! And thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!