Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 PM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen- I'm sure I'm only soo calm because I'm about 99.9% sure he's not coming on Thursday...or anytime soon for that matter!! I actually asked my mom today if she went into labor on her own with my brother (I was induced early because of pre-eclampsia), and she said she did. I was worried that maybe I won't go into labor on my own! She did say that she was about 2 wks. late with him, but she also said she wasn't positive on the correct EDD anyway! Great...how reassuring!
You're doing great on the weight! I always wished I had lost in the beginning, but I never did, because I was never sick. I'm not doing too bad, but not as good as I wanted to either. I've gained 29lbs., but haven't gained anything in a month. I didn't wanna pass 25lbs., but I'm OK with it right now, I've only gained in my stomach and boobs, nowhere else.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:46 PM   #17  

hello.

I'm having a great week, weight wise, staying op and exercising daily. Hope I have a loss tomorrow, so far my scales aren't showing it and are even up.

Tech - good luck at your weigh in. ~ Your quilting sounds fun.

Lauren - feel better!

Karen - glad things are going well.

gotta run. Taking ds back to school today.

Rabbit
**Op since 1/3/03**
Old 01-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #18  

Hi all!

Well, I got on the scale again yesterday morning..."just to check" and it actually showed a little bit less than Monday morning. Still going to count Monday's weight as the "official" one, but at least I'm sure I didn't gain! I did really well on points Monday & even went for a walk. I went 1 point over yesterday and didn't walk, but still felt good about the day because I still had about 5 points from Monday left over. I'm doing well so far today & plan to walk tonight.

Liz - that's really cute!

Tech - that's cool on the phone! Quilting is something I've always wanted to learn to do, but I've never found the time. Maybe when the kids are grown and gone & I get a little more "me" time!

Lauren - hang in there! And get as much sleep as you can before Petey gets here!

karen - glad you got a good report at the Dr.'s office!

Rabbit - Have a safe drive taking DS back!

Guess that's all for today. Have a great day all!

LE
150.8/147.2/125
Old 01-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #19  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

Nothing exciting going on here today. DH is sick so we are definitely not up to much. I have another sonogram tomorrow....hopefully Alex behaves this time and lets them see his spine and heart.

Lauren: How are you? Hope things are OK. I lost the 5 pounds before I found out I was pregnant.

Rabbit: Yeah for staying OP and working out. Maybe you are turning to muscle!!

LE: Yippee on the unofficial loss!!

Hope you guys are having a great evening.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:26 PM   #20  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Question sticky?

OK, i give, what does Sticky mean? What type of group are you? 30-somethings and ?......

I am somersizing and doing circuit training at the gym and trying to lose weight.

Would I fit in your group here?

Michele
Old 01-16-2003, 08:03 AM   #21  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Helllo Michelle,
We are 30 somethings all in the same boat to lose a little weight..We are on different programs and excercises but we post to help each other. U R always welcome to introduce yourself and post along with us..I am currently not really dieting...I had a baby 4 weeks ago soo mainly doing the breast feeding diet and starting to excercise now..My main excercise is running to my bed to sleep throughout the day since the baby doesnt sleep too good at night....The sticky just puts the current thread at the top for easy posting!!!!

Karen--Good luck on your sonagram!!!

Lauren-Keep us posted!!!!Make sure DH can post when U go into the hospital or U can call me!!!!

LE--Yeah..a little weight loss is better than none!!!!
I am thinking about the scale....I was 10-15 lbs up after I lost the first baby and got pg again in 2 months..only gained 14lbs but things have certainly shifted...I want to be back to 115lbs asap!!!

Rabbit--Yeah on the will power!!!!Keep it up!!!

Off to feed the baby!!!Have a great day all!!
RR
Old 01-16-2003, 08:07 AM   #22  

Good Morning Everyone!!

I am nervously waiting until 11 for the sonogram. I've decided to worry.....what if he won't show his little heart? What if *shudder* there's something wrong with him?? Whew, the things we pg'ers can find to worry about. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Michelle: Sticky just makes that message "stick" to the top of the page so that it is easy to find. That way we can find the Week of thread which is where we do the most of our posting. We are over 30 after all and senility does start to set in.......... You are more than welcome here. Most here are doing weight watchers I think. A couple of us are pregnant so we aren't actively loosing right now. Welcome!!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-16-2003, 09:12 AM   #23  
LBH

Hi All,

Happy Due Date Day!! ...yeah right...like that'll happen. I have a midwife appt. at 10:00, hoping she'll check me so I at least know, yes, I'm making progress, no, nothing's going on!

Karen- Hope all goes well for you this AM! Stop stressing!! Yeah, I know, it's hard, but hey, you get a little peek at him!!

RR- I plan to make my phone list today. DH got a phone card for 180 min. as part of some class action suit with AT&T a couple wks. ago, so that was perfect timing! I am going to type up my list of phone numbers when I get home today.

Michele- Welcome!! Karen & Vicki pretty much answered your questions.

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #24  

hi.

Tonight I weigh in and am hoping for a loss. I'm happy with how I've done this week point wise and exercise wise, I just need to cut out a little of the snack foods.

Ds is back at school for his last semester as an undergraduate.

Legal - you're doing great!

Karen - good luck at the sonogram! ~ A nice thought about the muscle, hope you're right.

Mitchy - Welcome! I am doing Weight Watchers and exercise daily. Join us.

Lauren - good luck at doctor appt! I can't believe it's your due date.

RR - enjoy that little baby.

have a great day.

Rabbit
**OP since 1/3/03**
Old 01-16-2003, 01:53 PM   #25  

Hi all,

Alex was a good little boy and let us see everything!! He's as healthy as they can tell from an Ultrasound. Yippee!! I think he even waved at us but I could have been dreaming. I did get to see the little boy parts this time and he is definitely HE!!

Rabbit: Crossing my fingers for you for weigh-in!!

Have a great evening!!
Old 01-16-2003, 02:56 PM   #26  
LBH

OK, now I'm aggravated!! Nothing's going on, not a thing, no dilation, no effacing, softening...nothing!! He's moved down a little, which I knew, because his little baby butt looks lower, but that's it! He's not even in a station yet.

Have to go back Monday afternoon to get checked again. She said we could talk about "putting you on the schedule" then. WHAT?? Just cause I'm sick of being PG, I don't wanna be induced!! So she said sex and nipple stim now...

I broke out the breat pump and tried it out for the first time...that was a funky experience!!! But at least I got to practice before actually having to use it. Nothing's coming out yet, but man, what a sensation you get...too weird!! I only did each side for like 5 minutes, because someone said that using the pump can bring on pretty strong contractions quickly. That was a couple hours ago, nothing yet.

I'm headed to the mall now, hoping maybe a little walking will help too. *sigh*

Karen- Glad to hear all went well!! That's cool that he was being active during the U/S!

Rabbit- I said the same thing as I was sitting there with the pump...I really can't believe this day has gotten here. As much as I'm frustrated with no progress, it's still exciting that this is the day!!

RR- How are you doing?? How's Miss Kaylee?
Old 01-16-2003, 04:16 PM   #27  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Angry

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like a great group. Wow, how many of you are pregnant?

I went for the 2nd time today to Express Workout (like curves) and i was fine during the whole workout but the young girl who was there annoyed me. She never came to help me, watch me, coach me, she was on the phone most of the time. She didn't know who I was, or introduce herself. It was just me and her and I thought she could have put forth a little effort for my second workout......maybe it's just me. I got my period today, maybe i'm just crabby.

I had a periodontal appt. this a.m. so i didn't have breakfast before i left, but i did ok ordering out, i didn't have the biscuit with my bacon, egg and cheese and for lunch i had a taco salad, but still stayed on program.

Have a great evening!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #28  
LBH

Hi All,

Michele- Well, Vicki (RR) just had her daughter on 12/19, today is my due date, but my little man is very comfy in there, and Karen is due...in May, I think. There's plenty of us around that aren't PG, so please don't be turned off by us preggo's. I swear it's not contageous!! (Never mind that Karen and I both live in NJ, I swear I didn't pass it to her!!)
You know, when I was going to Curves, I was always annoyed at the girl that ran the place. She's like 5' 100lbs. and talked on the phone the whole time...never bothered with anyone! Yeah, especially since you were the only one there, she could've paid a little more attention!!

Well, I went and walked around the mall a bit, actually got paid to do it... some lady asked me to do a survey on crackers and I got paid $5.!! It wasn't soo bad, and I got a box of crackers to bring home...they're not bad.
After dinner I got out the pump and "milked" myself again, this time both at once for about 15 min., to see if that would give me any contrax...nothing yet. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow.

Have a great evening all!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #29  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, Lauren, I'm not turned off by you pregnant girls and I wish it could rub off. But I am divorced and not in a serious relationship so I'm still hoping I find the right man and start a family someday. My greatest wish is to have a baby someday! And congrats to all of you!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:13 PM   #30  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, i forgot to mention, regarding what you said Lauren about the skinny girls bothering you at Curves. I know what you mean, i feel that way sometimes too but when I went with my mother to Curves (over the holidays in CA ), there was a girl like that, she was about 6" around, but Mom told me that she said something like, oh, ya, what does she have to lose? and the other girl told her that she had lost over 200 lbs. with diet and doing curves. So we can never judge, even the skinny girls may have had a weight problem.......... it opened my eyes is all i'm saying.
Closed Thread