Biggest little pet peeve about being overweight?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • What is your biggest little pet peeve? The kind that aren't really serious but bug you in a big way. Something that no one else probably even notices, but you think its all they're able to notice.

My husband can't decide between these two:

This sounds really silly, but I hate when I look down and the bows on my shoes are not in the middle. I know there off to the side because I can't get past all of my belly fat to tie my shoes straight. I feel like anyone looking will be able to figure out the problem. Okay, so I'm a little OCD, but still the bows should be in the middle.

The second is short fat plus size shirts. I'd like to be able to reach for something above my head without worrying that everyone is going to see my belly and all of my stretch marks.
  • For me it's my bra digging into me....what about muffin top? The expression sounds yummy, but it feels horrible to have it! Oh and when I would wear a skirt or dress, when I walked, my inner thighs slapped eachother, like a horrible high five every time they passed! Ugh!

I'm not too sure if those answers count but those are some little things that have annoyed me.
  • This is a good one. Haha. Mine is shaving my thighs, I LOATHE it. There's just too much because I'm more bottom heavy. Doing my calves, knees and ankles is easy and fine, but oh my, my thighs.

I'm sorry you guys have trouble with clothes. I buy most of mine from torrid and their clothes are LOVELY for plus sized girls. I try not to pay full price but I never worry about muffin top or ride ups because they're made for short, chubby girls. You should check them out.
  • Mine is the way my thighs rub together when i walk, it's killer in the summertime
    and the back boobs and fat So embarrassing!
  • I hate the gape in my shirts, no matter how big a size I buy them. I gain weight on my top half more than anywhere else, and that gape just makes me want to cry.
  • When I gained weight I kept thinking I was pregnant. The belly just felt to me like I there was something in the oven. I kept thinking "of course I'm gaining weight -- I'm pregnant." After a few days or so, I would drop by the drug store, buy a test, and figure out that I wasn't.

I have always been bad at tracking TOM so I was often wondering how many weeks it had been. I wasn't on BC (getting pregnant would have been great but I wan't trying really hard to conceive either).
  • Mine was when I was sitting and I was able to feel my side fat (muffin top) hit my elbows. My elbows should NOT have been resting on a shelf made of fat! The other one, which was only an issue in the summer, was suntan lines. Not the ones made by clothing but the ones made by fat rolls. They appeared on my neck, under arm area (front part) and below the rear end. And I could never seem to tan the side of my legs. I had this constant white strip running down my legs.
  • I hate waving bye bye to my son and having my arms flap around. It makes me hold my arms tight to my side...he's almost 2 and I'm afraid he'll notice and point it out. lol
  • My pet peeve was back fat, I was always adjusting my bra in the back so it would be less visible. I also HATED muffin tops. I would wear my pants up really high to try and disguise it and always have a sweater or my purse on my lap when I was sitting down.
  • My pet peeve is finding clothes. I have been searching, without luck, for a pair of wide legged dress pants. Lane Bryant used to have the Chelsea pants but discontinued them. I got some on ebay, but i couldn't find any in black.
    All I see are "skinny" pants, tapered legs, and "boot cut", none of which are flattering to women of size. I don't want something tight around my rear end thank you very much!!!!
    I just want some pants!
    I just hate that the rage for skinny girls is wide legged (at least for work wear). But that for overweight women its either super slutty (e.g. Torrid, and some LB stuff) or super matronly in that "I don't care anymore" kind of way (e.g. Catherines). I even tried upscale places like Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms. Even at the 300 dollar range couldn't find a pair to fit me (I shudder at the thought of spending so much). I finally settled on a pair of 80 dollar Marc by Marc Jacobs that sorta fit... will be better if I lose five more pounds.
    I wish I could start a line of well made, affordable (in line with ann taylor prices and quality) line of clothes. Honestly, if Ann Taylor offered plus sizes I think they'd make a fortune.... But they don't want my fat a$$ in their store.

Our money is just as green and spendable as the skinny girls!!!
  • SisiLeah, I hear ya on the clothes thing. I was a VERY pronounced pear. And I’m short. My hips were way big and my waist was small. Gap and Lands End used to make reverse jeans that fit me perfectly then they poofed. So needless to say, I haven’t worn updated jeans in over 5 years. Maybe longer. Lane Bryant was actually a saving grace for me but I still found myself having to go to a tailor to bring in the waist. I am very excited now that I can go into any store whether it be Walmart, Old Navy or Ann Taylor and find something that fits me perfectly! I’m still curvy but my hip to waist ratio is in the normal range finally. I’ve become a clothes horse!
  • Oh ya for sure for us pear shaped ladies it's buying jeans to fit your hips and thighs but gapping at the waist! Also hate the fat that squished out over my bra at the back. Yuck.
  • I have the clothes problem, but I've been smaller, it was no better than. I guess I fall somewhere between hourglass and pear, but however you classify me, waists are and always have been too big. I might actually have an easier time at my largest. I have a gut now, but it's usually the first to disappear. It takes up some of the extra space in the pants that I need to get to accommodate my thighs. Once I lose that, I get the baggy crotch look, where my massive quads stick out farther than my stomach and catch fabric. Man, do I hate trying to dress myself.
  • Quote: My pet peeve is finding clothes. I have been searching, without luck, for a pair of wide legged dress pants. Lane Bryant used to have the Chelsea pants but discontinued them. I got some on ebay, but i couldn't find any in black.
    How dressy? Business dress or dress-up dress? I was in Macy's and they had some dress-up dress wide legged pants that I considered getting. They had a guazy outer layer and were super fancy, ultimately, I decided too dressy for the occassion I had in mind.
  • Shirts that have the same size arm holes as a small but are plus size. What the stupid designers don't think our arms are bigger just the rest of us?! Some one explain that to me??