Successes! Progresses!

• What success and progress have you seen on your weight loss journey? I thought this would be fun to see how well we are doing!

For me,

not getting winded running across the street or tying my shoes

my bigger shorts falling off

finding some foods I used to love that weren't healthy aren't as appealing

people's compliments on my appearance

my health!!

ok, your turn
  • Size 26 jeans that were so tight I couldn't wear them now fit me like they should, and I think I can button my 24's if I lay down.

I went from doing 10 minutes of wii fit free step to 120 minutes at the fastest pace to doing a biggest loser workout and belly dancing because even the 120 minutes wasn't making me feel like it used to.

I feel stronger and more in control.

Today I turned down a 610 calorie bacon cheeseburger (and who are we kidding, old Trish woulda eaten 2) for a protein shake that really did fill me up.
  • Last night I ate one bite of a Krispy Kreme doughnut, and then put it back because it just wasn't worth it! Major NSV for me haha.

Today I found an old workout VHS tape (shows you how old it is LOL) that I had never been able to finish. I popped it in the VCR, and finished the whole thing. It felt awesome!
  • Going from a size 4x shirt and 26/28 pants to a xl shirt and size 16 pants

I can jump on the trampoline with my kids and my feet actually leave it

I can chase my kids around for more then a minute

I can walk a mile and not be out of breath

I can work out for an hour and not be tired

I can bend over and it not hurt

I can cross my legs
  • On a splurge meal we stopped for chip truck fries and I ate less then half the small order and threw the rest away because I was full. (2 mons ago I would have stuffed every last fry down my throat)
  • Last week the office staff went out for lunch at a greek restaurant. Everyone ordered dessert, except me.

I turned down carrot cake cheesecake. That, my friends, was tough!
  • Thought I would bring this post back to the top again as I need to get motivated again!

I went shopping last week and am now in a 2x top instead of a 3x
    I also am now in a size 16 pant instead of a size 18-20
    The most exciting was that I am able to wear a size L (although stretchy) shorts from a regular store!!!! My goal is to have all of these new clothes be baggy by fall!!!!

Who else has some Successes or Progresses to share!!!!
  • Yesterday we ordered pizza for dinner. I made the decision on my own to get thin crust and agreed to get ham instead of pepperoni.

It may not seem like much but I adore thick crust and pepperoni so for me that was something to feel good about.
  • I love the crossing of the legs thing.....without my foot going numb from circulation being cut off! And now I can cross my legs AND tuck my foot behind the other leg.

I don't think twice about telling people how much I weigh or what size I wear. Actually, I do think about it.... I think about how much I like it!

I am making eye contact again.

I no longer panic when someone tags me in a facebook photo.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I needed a pick me up tonight!
  • Quote: Going from a size 4x shirt and 26/28 pants to a xl shirt and size 16 pants

I can jump on the trampoline with my kids and my feet actually leave it

I can chase my kids around for more then a minute

I can walk a mile and not be out of breath

I can work out for an hour and not be tired

I can bend over and it not hurt

I can cross my legs

I LOVE this!!!!!
  • Well, I am only down about 20 lbs, so don't feel too much progress yet, however, I am able to wear a size 20 pants when I was wearing a 24 in January!

And I notice that I crave water (well, lemon water or crystal light) over pop!

I also feel the need to exercise....if I don't get some cardio and strength training in I feel like crap! I have been away for a week and not really able to exercise and I miss feeling my muscles work! I was sneaking in sit ups on the bathroom floor while away, just to feel the muscles that are in there somewhere!!! Never thought I would say that