3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Week of December 29** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/23096-%2A%2Aweek-december-29%2A%2A.html)

RoadRunner 12-31-2002 10:25 PM

Lauren=THey are little mattress pads and they are at babiesR Us..They are like those blue pads but washable and U put them under the baby on top of the sheet. Saved me some headaches~~~~~~
RR

KarenK 12-31-2002 11:01 PM

Hi all,

Hope you are all having a wonderful New Year's Eve. We are home watching Cirque De Soleil. It's pretty cool. We were going to go to the movies but I was pooped when I got home. I took a 1 1/2 hour nap and then I didn't feel like moving. So, we are spending the evening like old folks!! :D

Blow out diapers?? Oh geeze, that sounds like just so much fun!! I can hardly wait. I will definitely have to get some of the mattress pads. Alex has been moving like crazy in there today. Unless it really is gas. Don't think so though. He must be doing somersaults or something. No kicks, just doing the back stroke I guess. It feels kinda weird.

They really changed the look of the forum. I like it.

OK, have fun girls!!

Legal Eagle 12-31-2002 11:14 PM

Well I made it through another day OP! But I'm heading off to bed before the New Year, I'm tired!

Vicki - they do have a plan for breast-feeding mothers, but I don't know the details. And yes, we're still in the dome!

Good night all...Happy New Year!

LE

BigPhatBooty 01-01-2003 08:03 AM

Happy New Year :balloons: - pleased to say that hubby was discharged yesterday and is now home making my life **** :lol: still think he thinks he's at Death's door and Death won't let him in. Well I can truly say this is a Christmas I will never forget.

Went to bed around 22:30 and woke up at 12:00 by the fireworks, then went back to bed. Back and forth to the hospital from Boxing Day seems to have really drained me and TOM hasn't helped either.

Back to work an on plan from tomorrow - I deserve all the cr@p and junk I'm gonna eat today :moo:

Will catch up with everyone when I've had some more sleep!

LBH 01-01-2003 08:44 AM

Good Morning and Happy New Year All!!

I rang in the New Year in my dreams...was asleep by 10, or earlier, I think!! :rolleyes: I feel worse again this AM. My throat is soo tight. Have already gargled and having some ginger ale now. All DH could say was I told you to call the Dr. a couple days ago, you could've gotten in! I just started crying because I feel soo horrible. :cry

Hope everyone has a great New Year's!!

KarenK 01-01-2003 05:54 PM

Happy New Year!!!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day. DH and I slept sinfully late this morning, I'm sure I will pay for it by not being able to sleep tonight. I hate doing stupid stuff like that. We hung around the house all day straightening up.

Lauren: I hope you are feeling better!! It sucks to be sick right now.

BPB: I'm gad your husband is home. That must be much better. Hospitals are yucky places. (I can say that, I work in one!). Hope you got caught up on your sleep.

LE: YEAH!! for making it through the day.

RoadRunner 01-01-2003 05:57 PM

WEll, I had a party of a NY's last night...Put Kaylee to sleep after feeding at 11pm and me and her woke up up 2am to kiss daddy!!!!Wow 2 weeks tomorrow that I have been a mom!!!!My baby is growing too fast!!!!!!DH goes to work tomorrow..has been with me for 2 weeks..I am gonna miss him!!! MIL leaves on Friday..girls are back in school on Monday!!! Yeah!!!I will be all to myself!!!! I have one more week of no driving...then I will be able to do more things around here!!!
Well, duty calls...I hear crying and snorting!!!!
Vicki

LBH 01-01-2003 07:22 PM

Hi All,

Well, I went to the store and bought throat drops, Tylenol Sinus, and regular Tylenol, and I took some Tylenol Sinus when I got to mom's today. Felt a little better, now I'm miserable, just got home, and realized I forgot everything at mom's!! I could just :cry:
I'll see if I have any honey and make some tea with honey for the throat.

RR- I bet it will be soo nice to have time with just you and Kaylee at home all day, no one else around. As much as I'm sure I'll need and want the help from DH and my mom, who's taking a week off after DH goes back to work, I think I will be looking forward to time to get to know my son. :)

Karen- Enjoy the time of sleeping in and liking it now, because when you get to the point where sleeping is no longer comfy, it's no fun. :( This AM I slept until about 8:30, and got up. It takes a few minutes to actually sit up and stretch as much as I can before actually standing up and hobbling to the bathroom because my bladder is full...nevermind that I just went at 5:30 or so!!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Day!! :D

lizzard_h 01-02-2003 08:08 AM

Happy New Years everyone!! I weighed in this morning and it was only up one pound and I've been eating really badly. We had DH's brother's family stay with us for a week. They have a 4, 5, and 10 year old. It was fun by OMG!!! They left yesterday and our house is a total disaster and I am so exhausted. I was definately not cut out for having little ones.

I'm sitting here at work in a daze trying to drink a big glass of water and avoid eating my breakfast for another hour. The weather is supposed to be beautiful today so I'm hoping to get a little rollerblading in after work -- my first exercise in several weeks.

RR, I love hearing all your fun stories about what you are going thru. Even though I don't want one of my own it's very interesting to hear all the details that we don't think about.

LBH, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry about leaving the medicine at your mom's.

BPB, I'm confused?!?!?! :dizzy: Hubby??? When did you get married? Did I miss something or am I confusing you with someone else???? Last time I remember reading your posts you were trying to get BF out of your house. I am really tired today so I could be all wrong.

Gotta run to a meeting....
Liz

BigPhatBooty 01-02-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lizzard_h

BPB, I'm confused?!?!?! :dizzy: Hubby??? When did you get married? Did I miss something or am I confusing you with someone else???? Last time I remember reading your posts you were trying to get BF out of your house. I am really tired today so I could be all wrong.

Liz

Made my day :lol: :lol: :lol: Now don't go putting ideas in my head :s:

Still tired - went into work, collected my laptop and then came home and did some work - not as much as I should have done though.

Can't remember if I posted this, but it turns out the antibiotics he was on for his tooth abscess, turned one infection into another, hence the viral gastroenteritis. This was in addition to his diabetes, which was causing acid in the blood, which was giving him the stomach cramps - hope this makes sense. Anyway he is back home, full of the joys of life and convinced (truly) that I will buy him a laptop as he has been through an ordeal. I smile and nod, but ain't no more PCs crossing this threshold. Unless of course Will Smith is the delivery guy :yes:

I have been trying to go rollerblading for ages, but we just don't seem to have the weather here. Hubby has decided that we are going to America for our holiday this year, so I must be able to go 'blading somewhere!

My sister is 7 months pregnant - wow I have been away for ages - let's just say her hormones must be raging - if she and Mike Tyson were in a fight - I wouldn't be holding out much hope for Mike. She's decided if she has a little girl she will be called Saffron (not Saffy) and Calum if a boy. Nearly feeling broody, but not quite. Hopefully she will have a little girl, I have already bought the most adorable silk embroidered dress from Monsoon for my new niece - hey it will look good on my nephew too - he won't know any different!

Anyway, gotta go and cook dinner for the poor old man.

RoadRunner 01-02-2003 01:41 PM

Good Evening!!!
Helllo Liz!!! Nice to see U!!! .I think that was Greek GIrl with the BF problems!!!!!! Speaking of..where is she hiding???????
Soo glad on the only 1 lb!!!!

Lauren---sorry U R soo miserable!!! Hope U R feeling better!!!

BFB--Hope U R better!!! Dont wear yourself out girl with that man!!!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: Men-babies--any differences?????:s: :s:

Take care all..duty is crying!!!!
RR

LBH 01-02-2003 02:49 PM

Hi All,

Well, I cried myself to sleep at 11:00 last ngiht after trying to call the pharmacy and get the pharmacist to convince me why I couldn't take Tylenol Allergy Sinus. :cry I just got up from the computer (I was on the Tylenol website!) and tried to walk past DH holding in the tears and lost it when I got to the bedroom. About 10 min. later he asked if I wanted him to go to mom's and get my drugs. I felt like saying, you couldn't offer 3 hrs. ago?! I whined, No, and cried myself to sleep. It was probably really pathetic.

I came into work this AM, but called my regular Dr. and they said she was having a light day, to come in. (This is the Dr. that I usually spend an hour or 4 waiting to see!!) I got there and was immediately po'd because the parking lot was packed and there wasn't a seat to be had in the waiting room. Some man got up and gave me his seat. Chivalry lives!! :D I ended up only waiting 20 minutes, plus another 7-8 in the exam room. So I have Pharyngitis...basically a sore throat. :rolleyes: She took a strep culture, just in case, and gave me some ZPak, and told me to take the Tylenol Sinus. She said the only reason she gave me the ZPak is because I'm 38 wks. PG and he's only gaining fat at this point, everything's developed. Stopped at mom's afterwards and got my drugs and stuff. Took everything, am feeling a little better now.

Now I'm back at work, only to have to leave in another hour for my midwife appt.! Will have to take a 1/2 sick, plus make up an hour tomorrow. I have soo much left to do here too!

lizzard_h 01-02-2003 03:04 PM

RR, Thank you!! Yes, it was Greekgirl. I tell ya, I can barely finish a complete sentence today. Thank goodness I only have 45 more minutes left at work. I was supposed to come in tomorrow too but it is so slow here since lots of people took today and tomorrow as vacation for an extra long weekend so I told my boss I feel a headache coming on and I think by Fri morning it will be really bad. He laughed and said don't worry about it. So instead of sitting here suffering through a boring day at work I will be at the spa getting a 3-hour pampering. I made an appointment for a Tuscany Ceremony of Wine treatment (that's a grape seed wine crush body polish, a wine surrender body wrap, and a merlot scalp treatment) and a 60 minute full body massage. Since I gave up drinking wine as my New Year's resolution I decided to just have it massaged into my body. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DH is being an angel today. He took a vacation day today and he's been doing laundry, dishes, and hopefully he'll run the vacuum. He also said he'll take care of cooking dinner tonite. I told him I just want to be in bed by seven. His family has worn me out!!

LBH, I'm glad things are going better. Take it easy for the next few days.

Is anyone interested in setting a new goal for the month? Or by Valentine's Day? Or something? Now is the time that I'm most motivated and I loved having the Weekly Goal posting.

Have a great weekend!!

KarenK 01-02-2003 04:51 PM

Hi all,

Hope everyone has had a good start to the new year. It was fun writing 01/02/03 at work today!! (Gotta find my entertainment where I can these days.)

RR: Wow, I can't believe that she's two weeks old already. Time sure is flying by. I bet it will be nice to home alone with Kaylee.

Liz: Nice to see you back here. It's easy to get people confused on here, sometimes I have to read the posts twice to get it all straight!! Hope you get some rest over the weekend.

Lauren: Sorry you are still feeling poopy. I'm looking SO forward to the day they say I can have my allergy drugs back. The OB is not very sympathetic. He just says get rid of the animals. What about everything else I'm allergic to? I react to everything they stick you with. Maybe I should move into a bubble like those people on TV!! :D

BPB: Hope you get the niece you are wishing for. I wanted a girl to dress up but I'm going to be happy with a boy. He'll carry on the name!!

Whew, I'm starving. Think I'll go get some carrot sticks. Have a nice evening.

Legal Eagle 01-02-2003 08:25 PM

Well I went over points yesterday, but not too badly, and I stayed home again today (just because I felt like playing hookie! :D ) but I've stayed within points. Didn't get any real exercise, but got a lot of stuff done around the house.

I'll be at work tomorrow, but I've already packed leftovers from dinner for tomorrow's lunch so hopefully I'll be able to stay OP and I plan on walking tomorrow night.

I've set some goals for myself to get rid of this 25# again (see signature line). I've allowed myself 18 weeks, which should be plenty! Based on past history I should be able to do it sooner, but I wanted to allow myself enough time so I don't start feeling like a failure! I'm trying to stay off the scale until next Monday though!

BFB - Glad DH is home and feeling a little better!

LBH - Glad you were able to get in to see the Doctor. Hope you're feeling better after getting the drugs! :D

RR - Enjoy the time alone with Kaylee, I know you'll love having that bonding time!

Well, I'm off to finish up some laundry and then get to bed early and do some reading.

Night all!

LE