Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 09:08 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Thumbs down ***Week of December 22***

Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

We had another meeting with prospective adoptees for Tripper yesterday. It went really well. They have a puppy his age and they ran and ran and played and played!! Their little guy actually wore Trip out. It was great. They are going to let us know this morning whether they are going to take him or not. I am so nervous. They seemed perfect and like they would spoil him like we do.

I thought we had all our shopping done and then we found two more we hadn't gotten. It won't be bad though, one is getting Dunkin Donuts certs and the other a phone card so it shouldn't be tough to get.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:56 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

BPB- Hey Woman!!! It's soo good to see you!! I thought you forgot about us! Hope you are well...stop by when you can!

Karen- That's great that you may have a family for Tripper! Sounds like he's found a run for his money!! Do they have a decent yard for both of them? I have a couple little things to get yet, but otherwise I'm done.

Seems like I had a busy day today, but I really didn't. Woke up to breakfast in bed this AM, DH is soo sweet. But I'm not the type that can wake up and eat taylor ham, egg and cheese on an english muffin first thing. Cereal maybe! So I took a few bites and was full. DH went to 7:30 mass, and then we both went to church with my mom at 11:00. It was nice, wish I could get it together every week to go. Mom took us to the diner afterwards for breakfast/lunch, then we went home. I fell asleep around 2:30, and woke up around 5:30! Man, I hope I'm not up all night now.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 12-22-2002, 08:17 PM   #3  

Hi again,

Tripper has a new home!! We are so excited for him. We are going to take him to their house on Thursday evening. They are going out of town for Christmas so they won't be able to take him until then. They said their dog was tired he slept all the way home and didn't get sick once (he has awful motion sickness)!! Maybe it will be good for him to be with Tripper, they can wear each other out!!

OK, have a good night.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:46 AM   #4  

Yeah Karen!!!! I'm so happy for you and Tripper. That's great news.

Congrats RR!!! I can't wait to see the pics. I'm glad everything went wonderful.

I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I promise I'll become a regular again after the holidays.

Liz
Old 12-23-2002, 07:47 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know I checked this AM, and Vicki and Refman have some pics up on Growthspurts!! Kaylee is such a little angel, she's adorable!! Reminder...go to growthspurts.com, click Locate a Child, go to 2nd window down and type in Kaylee, she's the last one on the list!

I had a horrible night, tossing and turning all night, since I had that nap yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I won't be face down on my desk by 2:00!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-23-2002, 12:36 PM   #6  
Phat Chick

Talking

Still around - have peeked in everyone once in a while, but seem to be unable to post. Plus I gather there are tons of cyber pregnancy vibes floating around 3 down, how many more to go

Had a peek at Kaylee's pictures, she is adorable, but I am quite taken with Vicki's before shot too

I honestly will get better at posting, but it's nice to feel welcome after all this time and to see that everyone is still going strong
Old 12-23-2002, 05:32 PM   #7  
Donna

Hello All,

Sounds like I'm not alone in not getting here to post regularly. This December has been just awful. If its not one thing its another.

I'm pretty much ready for Christmas. We had my dad's side of the family over on Saturday. There were 30 here, but it was pot luck and my mom and dad bought beer, and we had the l/o pop and stuff from the party for my mom last month. Thankfully that's over. Now I should be done for a few years (at least for parties that big).

Unfortunately my cat is MIA. We haven't seen him since last Tuesday, and we're loosing hope that he's just stuck somewhere. But.....

Anyway...

RR - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

LBH - when's your due date? Soon isn't it? Good luck.

BPB - great to hear from you. Come back more often if you can.

Jul - Are there 5 walls in the boys room? You listed 5 colors. Hope all is going well for you.

Karen - Glad you found a home for Tripper!!

Puppy - Welcome!! Like the name!

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY since I probably won't be back tomorrow.

- Tech
Old 12-23-2002, 05:58 PM   #8  

Tech, nope 4 walls. Gold, sage green, purple, and blue. Muted colors - looks great.

Karen, glad Tripper has a new home to go too. My dog Ginger is so much better off at my friend Jennifers - she gets to run and play with Olliver all day and they keep each other warm at night too. Anytime I'm over there Ginger looks at me like "don't make me go back home - I like it here in the dirt with Oliver".

BFB: nice to see you again.

- jul
Old 12-23-2002, 06:10 PM   #9  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

RABBIT
Old 12-24-2002, 04:02 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. We are on our way out to the annual holiday party at MIL's.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:10 PM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!! I have been really busy with a non sleeping little girl here!!! She wants to "play" on the breast when feeding for over an hour then sleep a bit and then scream for more..It is taking its toll but sooo worth it when she looks up at you and "smiles"..
I am having a bit of problems with swelling..My feet are 3 times normal and I am running high BP....During labor, I had to receive soo much medicine cuz the pressure was in the 80's/30's after the epidural...She is the best baby,,but with a temper...I have 1 sec to wake up, gently get out of bed to get her(c-section)and start to feed her before she is screaming and turning red with a temper tantrum!!!! I just love her!!!!
I have to go get the feet up!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS all!!!!!

BFB--GLad to see U!!!!

Karen--After the epidural-which didnt hurt a bit- I had the best Labor and Delivery..I watched the video last night and started crying when she came out screaming!!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments of my little angel!!!!!
RR
Old 12-24-2002, 10:10 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

MerryChristmas to All!!
Old 12-25-2002, 04:32 AM   #13  
Phat Chick

Merry Christmas to you all - especially to Kaylee
Old 12-25-2002, 02:42 PM   #14  

Hi all!!

Sure hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Alex made out like a bandit and he isn't even here yet!! He got more stuff than I did. It was fun!!

We went to MIL's for leftovers for lunch. That's the best part about the party, leftovers for days. . I am sitting here now watching it snow like CRAZY!! It the matter of an hour we are starting to get accumulations. They are big huge flakes.

Alex is kicking first one side of my stomach then the other, I think he doesn't like the computer (laptop) on his head. That feels SO cool!! I'm glad I can feel him now.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:37 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Wow, I can't believe we are having a White Christmas!! It's soo exciting!! I don't remember the last white Christmas we had, but it was when I was young. The radio said 1969, but they were referring to NYC, and I live NW of the city. We just got home from Mom's/Gran & Gramps', and there's at least 5" out there! It's really a dream come true to have a white Christmas, but it sucked that we had to be out driving in it. It's pretty nasty driving and that's with 4WD.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
Closed Thread