3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Week of December 1st** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/22393-%2A%2Aweek-december-1st%2A%2A.html)

LBH 12-01-2002 08:23 AM

**Week of December 1st**

Good Morning All!!

Well, yesterday was a really long day, and I'm not really happy about being up at this hour, but such is life I guess. I've already folded and put away half the baby's clothes, am having my OJ, and watching Charles Stanley on the TV. DH is gone...I'm guessing he went to the Y to exercise before church this AM.

Have a great day all!

RoadRunner 12-01-2002 09:37 AM

Hello!!! WEll, my DH is ref'ing a kids hockey tournament all day, soo I will have to catch up on my baby book!!!! She is slowing down on her movement..hmmm..does this mean she is resting up for the journey?????Been craving candy all morning soo keeping busy...All the kids are asleep and I am up on the computer!!!MD visit on tues..Maybe I can quit work now???? :smug: :smug:

Have a wonderful day all!!!!
RR

LBH 12-01-2002 02:16 PM

It's me again...

DH and I went to BRU when he got home this AM and we got a bunch of stuff! :) Got a Graco pack and play on clearance for $60., with a full size bassinet in it. It doesn't have the changing area, but I don't care, that's why I have a changing table...or the floor, or the bassinet... :D We also got a mobile for the crib, a couple little huggy toys, a bumper pad and sheet for the cradle, a terry after bath bag, and some little toys for the swing/stroller. We had fun looking at everything else, but we just want to make sure we've got everything ready for when he comes. The carrier I wanted is discontinued and out of stock. I'm very upset about it, since it's the only one that fits right, but they checked and there's another store near me that supposedly has 10 in stock. They're closed on Sunday's though, so I'll have to go during the week. They did say they could order it for me if I can't get it at the other store, so that's good...that was the main thing we went there for today. :rolleyes:

Think I'm going for a nap now...

RoadRunner 12-02-2002 05:36 AM

Ok...dressed ready for work and eating breakfast!! It is a sin to be leaving the house at 4:30~~~~

Lauren--Yeah on the stuff!!!! I think I have everything except for the nail clipper and hairbrush thingee I wanted..IT has been on back order...I think U registered for the same!!!

Have a great day all!!!
RR

LBH 12-02-2002 07:29 AM

Good Morning All,

RR- Yeah, can you believe that they have stuff like that on back order?? I mean, some of the stuff they have on back order is like a grocery store having milk on back order, ya' know?! :rolleyes:

I slept for a solid 2 hrs. yesterdy afternoon, and it felt soo good! DH was shocked...I was shocked that he didn't have his routine Sunday afternoon nap! :lol: He was too busy watching the Giants lose... :(

Have a great day all!

elisa822 12-02-2002 08:10 AM

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I'm as usual lurking all the time so I'm keeping up with all the pregnancy info (and hope to join in one day!!) but I just haven't been posting. My weight is still fluctuating the same five pounds. It's like as soon as I see 145 something happens, I eat like a pig for a week and go back to 150 and then fight the fight all over again. You'd think if I could just be good for longer than a week I'd finally see a real loss but I guess this is just where I have to be for a while.

To all the pregnant ladies: I'm so happy for all of you that things seem to be going well. It's nice to know I'll have somewhere to go and ask all my questions should I be so lucky as to be pregnant one day. I can't believe how quickly time is passing and that we might hear some birth news soon!

Hi to everyone else. I'm going to try to check in more often. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Elisa

Rabbit 12-02-2002 08:10 PM

HI all.

I went out of town over Thanksgiving and finally have a chance to check back in here. I am home now for awhile (hooray) so I should be a regular poster again.

I'm going to join ww again on Thursday - it won't be pretty. But I'm glad I'm taking the right step. Guess I should start my online journal again. I've debated about joining WW online, but not sure if that would be good for me. I might need the meetings to go to. When I rejoing WW, I want to start all over with a new chart and my losses from my present weight. The first time I joined was 2-3 years ago and that's all old news. I think it will be a good psychological step to start from here. Hope they don't have a problem with that.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving - there is much to be thankful for.

Rabbit

KarenK 12-02-2002 10:11 PM

Hi all. Hope everyone has had a super day. We helped one of MIL's friends shop for a laptop this evening. Wow, what an experience. She knows nothing about 'puters, not even what she wants to do with one. :D

Lauren: Wow!! on all the stuff. I can't imagine buying stuff yet. I'm still sitting here anxiously waiting for the peanut to move!! I haven't bought one thing and I won't let anyone else, but Peanut did get his/her first Hannukah gift from one of MIL's friends. It's a tape of Lullabyes. How can nail clippers be on back order? Washing all the stuff and getting it ready sounds like such fun.

RR: Ready for work at 4:30? Ugh. I'm usually awake then but that's because DH is snoring!!

Elise: Welcome back. Drop in whenever you get the chance. Maybe the pg germs will rub off on you. Only if you are really sure you want them!!

Rabbit: Yeah on being back home. Hope you are enjoying it.

OK, gonna go get ready for bed now. Have a good tomorrow.

LBH 12-03-2002 10:21 AM

Hi All,

Karen- I had soo much fun folding and putting his clothes away, trying to decide which will be his coming home outfit! Yeah, that's what I felt like saying to the BRU people, how can something like that be on back order?! :rolleyes: Happy Hannukah!! Did you say you celebrate both? DH is Jewish? I know you mentioned this before, but I forgot!

Rabbit- Good to have you back as a regular again! :) Good luck with WW again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after Peter is born. Not sure I wanna do WW, although that seems to be the logical choice. I may just try to take the time I'm home with him to get more organized and plan meals, concentrating on higher protein meals, which fill you up. Whatever I do, there will be exercise involved, DH and I promised each other that we will walk everynight with Peter.

Elisa- It's soo good to see you!! At least you're lurking and not totally gone!! Should we be expecting an announcement, or are you just forward thinking to someday? ;) Hope all is well with you!!

I spent half the AM yesterday on the phone with different stores, trying to find my carrier, and no one has it. Finally Dh called Evenflo, the maker, and pleaded with them telling them his pregnant wife was on a rampage because BRU said it was discontinued and it's the only one that fits right because she'd "heavy chested"!! LOL!! The lady he spoke with was sympathetic and suggested he try Kmart because they had the biggest shipment in January. And it's not discontinued, just that pattern was. Guess there's one pattern a year. :rolleyes: So meanwhile I had already call Kmart by me and they said they didn't carry it. DH looked online and they had it online, so I'll have it in 5 days. :D Oh, the BRU that I had to call yesterday didn't have it either! There was one BRU in NY state, about an hour from me, but DH didn't want to drive all the way there! :lol:

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit 12-03-2002 12:53 PM

hello. :)

I am doing good on my Christmas list. I'm going shopping with friends on Friday - it would be super to finish, but that may be too much to ask for. (plus the kids keep changing their minds, or adding stuff! :rolleyes: ).

Karen - the lullabye tape sounds nice. great gift.

Lauren - sounds like you have a good plan for after the baby is born.

Elisa - hi!

ok, gotta run.

Rabbit

RoadRunner 12-03-2002 06:51 PM

Well, baby is staying put for awhile!!! No dilation or anything...just head in position and waiting!!! My bp was 114/52 and I lost a pound soo all is well there!!!! My actual due date is still at Dec 23 but she is still shooting for around the 16th!!! I have the Biophysical Profile test on Friday..soo we shall see!!!
Now just got to indure the back ache for awhile longer!!! My last day at work is Dec 13th!!!!
Have a great day!!!

KarenK 12-03-2002 07:28 PM

Hi all. I just typed this super long post and boom, it's gone. :( That is so irritating. UhOh, PG hormones are kicking in. I feel it. I was stuck in awful traffic today. There was a Trooper killed in a freak accident on one of the Turnpike interchanges and an escaped prisoner in the same area. I had to swing by the car dealer right smack in the middle of the congested area. I was ready for that bubble bath by the time I got home!!

Lauren: Yes, DH is Jewish. We celebrate both Holidays. Sometimes I do 8 presents for DH and sometimes I don't. This is a don't year!! I want to save money, so he only got one!! Then he will get another one at Christmas.

Rabbit: Yeah on the shopping. Dare I mention that as of yesterday I AM FINISHED!! Yippee. I really hate to shop so that is so cool with me.

RR: You just let her stay there and grow!! She'll be all the better for it. (As I understand it anyway!! :) )

OK, have a great evening!!

LBH 12-05-2002 07:36 AM

Hi All,

It's snowing in Jersey!! It started about 10 minutes ago. DH took my car and I am taking the XTerra today. He only has 8 miles to go each way, I have 16. This is gonna be pretty bad I think, because the ground is already covered! :eek:

Karen- That's one way to keep DH on his toes...never knowing if or when he's gonna get something! :lol:

RR- Wow, is your BP always that low?? Glad everything's going good. Do you get BH contractions? I haven't had any, that I'm aware of, and I makes me think that he's comfy in there and doesn't wanna come out!!

Have a great day all!! Drive safe if you've got snow by you!!

lizzard_h 12-05-2002 08:20 AM

Hi everyone! Our thanksgiving went great and everyone ate too much. I wasn't too bad this year. I think since I did a lot of the cooking and worrying about everything I didn't feel like eating as much. The two days of leftovers afterwards didn't go as well though. :) Monday morning the scale said I was up 1 1/2 lbs but after a hard workout and one day of eating right it was back to normal on Tuesday morning.

Our weather here in FL is killing me. For two days it will be in the 40's & 50's and then it will go back into the 70's for a couple of days before dropping back down again. I woke up this morning feeling like I was about to come down with a cold again. Hopefully the meds I just took will take care of things -- hopefully I won't be head down drooling on my keyboard in an hour though!! I am thankful I'm not up North and battling this terrible snow and ice storm. For those of you that are stay warm and safe!!

I made the mistake of going shopping (for myself) two days after thanksgiving. Trying on clothes is not a good idea after binging. I was pretty disappointed but I know this is all temporary. I'm ready for January to get here so I can get on my total health kick again.

I haven't even begun to Christmas shop yet. Luckily I have a small family and DH has already agreed to take care of his humongous family. I have no idea what I'm getting DH. We both agreed to buy only a little for surprises for each other and then we are getting a digital camera together as our one big gift. I need to put up some decorations so I can get into the spirit of things. I've kind of got the bah humbugs this year. I think it's cuz I just paid off my last credit card and the thought of jacking it back up some is not going over very well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Take a walk -- drink some water -- and smile at strangers. :D

LBH 12-05-2002 02:28 PM

Hi All,

I'm home again! They closed the office at 12:30, and it took me until 2:00 to get home (16 miles!) What a mess, the roads are horrible, and of course not a plow or salt truck in site!! I feel like calling the town and saying I hope you're not waiting for it to finish to start plowing!! :eek: DH just left work, and I'm sure it'll take him a good 1/2 hr. - 45 min. to get home.