Old 01-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Default Stressed . . and fighting off the comfort food

begin mini vent/

My relationship with food has always been more emotional than is healthy. I am sure that is the general consensus of the board, so I'm not trying to sound like the Lone Ranger here or anything. lol.

But we all know how when stressful times hit, it's food that we tend to want to run to.

Well, I've had a relapse of such this week and it's frustrating to try and fight through it.

I had two weeks where I was doing very well, on the wagon, had it under control THEN the stress started getting to me.

I won't bore ya'll with the details, but suffice to say I financially support both of my parents, and have for years. Now, my brother is out of a job and has a pregnant wife. They are flat busted broke, so I'm helping them out with their bills. I don't mind doing it, but it's not something I can hold out and do for long. My one little job can't support 5 adults (with two house payments, three cars, and five cell phones!) for that long.

The stress of it all, and the reality of how difficult it's going to be for them to climb back out, has just been hitting me these past two weeks.

I haven't eaten terrible, but I've been doing that thing where you do good all night, then do something stupid like eat 5 cookies before bed (yes, I just did this last night )

It's just hard to mentally refocus and get back on track and allow life to happen anyway. Not run to that food for that little bit of solice and try to find my happy place.

To top it off, today is my birthday (I turned 34), and I am soooo not in the mood to deal with that.

I know everyone has been there, so I know this is more a vent than anything.

Overall, I'm a positive person and I do have a strong Faith. I have every confidence that God will see us through this, and I don't doubt that we'll come out just fine.

I guess I just wanted to let off some steam today . . .

/end mini vent
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Happy birthday to you. Stress eating is a problem for many, me included. At night I tend to be a little weaker so I switch from eating to taking a bubble bath, it relaxes me and with all the exfoliating I do will not add calorie that is if I am not tempted eating my sugar scrub. it smells so good. Kidding aside you need to keep busy and replace food by something that give you satisfaction for me bubble and painting.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy birthday! *hug*

All I can say is I hope your brother is going to pay you back the money you have given him to pay his bills- and if he's not already doing this he should at LEAST be working a fast food job to pay some bills!

As for mom and dad maybe they can find ways to lower their bills so you don't have to help as much. I mean I love my family but if I can't help I'd just be honest and say you can't help forever and ask them to cut back on expenses (if they can).

Just pray things get better- I hope they do!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #4  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

I totally understand where you are coming from. Last year my husband and mother lost their jobs at the same time right after Christmas. It was extremely hard to support and pay my moms rent and ours and both sets of bills on my very small income. I think I used alcohol as my stress reliever and gained quite a bit of weight. It's a very stressful thing to go throug so my heart goes out to you.
Luckily my mom got a good job and that took off a lot of pressure Fingers crossed for you. <3
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Dear Katy, I completely understand how you are feeling, you shared you are a person of faith and trust that God will see you thru so I will share this with you:

It is honorable and admirable that you are helping your family members, you are putting your faith where the rubber meets the road and you will be rewarded greatly. It would be so easy for you to just look the other way and not help.

Matthew 6:31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

It is hard not to be stressed about those we love in our lives. My son in law lost his job Dec. 18 .. and just recently got another one. Baby number 3 on the way my daughter is a stay at home mom. I am in a tough financial spot as well even though I have a good job cost of living is high. I gave them everything I could (which was not near enough) but God provided for them by having various other family members help as well, I dont expect anything in return and God knows what we need and provides all we need sometimes from day to day. Then my son was off work for 4 weeks and had no income for his family as well. Things worked out God provided.

To help take the stress of of you God knows your needs and your families needs, he will take care of them and he will take care of you.
I know this can be hard but give your cares and worries to God and He will take care of you and give you peace.

Once again I shared this because you shared you are a person of faith.
I have stuffed my face for many years too long as there will always be stress and it has been a long road of learning to cope without food as my best freind. My prayers and thoughts go out to you today and your family.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote