Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in! My goal is to get somewhere between 140 and 150. Hopefully closer to 140, I really just want to be healthier and look better. I'm doing Taebo daily and I love it. I look forward to checking in daily and getting to know you guys!
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/157/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey all,
Haven't checked in over the last few days and a bit frustrated. Scale was stagnant over the week. OK, I didn't get to excited. I'm definately cutting back on my out of control sugar intake, but I think I'm filling that space in with more food total. I thought I was doing a good thing by cutting back sugar so maybe that's not the problem??? To top it off, I had a very busy day yesterday at work, did 8 flights of stairs (typically 0) and was standing for at least 4 hours, then I had a good horseback riding lesson that wore me out. So I know I burned more calories and ate less calories than typical because I wasn't sitting at home or at my desk stuffing my face. This morning the scale is up 1.8. I'm nearly back to 160! UGH! I'm going to pick up a pedometer and force myself to walk everyday again. That's what made the biggest different when I had lost 10 lbs last summer I guess. And continue working on my diet. I'm tempted to join weight watchers but it bothers me to pay money for something I SHOULD be able to do myself...but maybe I can't. Grrr....sorry for the small rant.

How is everyone else doing this week?
130orbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237.8/209.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am doing WW online so I'm hoping to get the support here that I will be missing by not going to meetings. I've done WW twice before and had great results but got pregnant both times just before making it halfway to my goal. No more babies for me so I am ready to make it to goal! I'm on my second week of the plan and feeling great so far!
Staci
staci73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

Why is it that some people we work with find it necessary to act superior, self-righteouse and better than others?! What makes it worse I have to share space with one of these people! I make sure though to bring my mp3 player with to listen to instead of that stuff.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #50  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hey ladies!!! Happy tuesday. School started back up for me and I am busy as ever but still wanted to come in and say hello. I hope you all are working your plans.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #51  

Height: 5ft 7

Hi, I'm 37 and started a new life 9 days ago at 215lbs. Down to 211lbs already... looking to get to 150lbs. Not sure how long it will take. I am eating sensibly and counting calories. I was beginning to look enormous and feel sluggish. The first few days were tough but starting to feel better eating right now without the sugar highs and lows. I'm cutting out as many refined sugars and bread/wheat products as I can. Snacking on fruits and oat based snacks when needed. Drinking water when I feel hungry between meals.
Other tips appreciated!!!!
Flora x
Flora37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Flora and welcome. I suggest having a protein with your fruit to avoid spikes in your sugar level. That was suggested to me by a nutritionist.

I missed work yesterday and my train is 9 minutes late this morning. Tomorrow I have to leave early for a court summons for parking. I'm sick of the cold and the snow. Its making me sluggish and weak.

I have been working out 4 days a week and sticking to that commitment. I have been missing my other personal goals and I'm disappointed with that. I can't seem to get on a better eating plan. I have all the tips tools and suggestions, just not practicing them enough.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #53  

Height: 5ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee View Post
Hi Flora and welcome. I suggest having a protein with your fruit to avoid spikes in your sugar level. That was suggested to me by a nutritionist.

I missed work yesterday and my train is 9 minutes late this morning. Tomorrow I have to leave early for a court summons for parking. I'm sick of the cold and the snow. Its making me sluggish and weak.

I have been working out 4 days a week and sticking to that commitment. I have been missing my other personal goals and I'm disappointed with that. I can't seem to get on a better eating plan. I have all the tips tools and suggestions, just not practicing them enough.

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. I'll look out for some protein.... I'm cooking chickpeas, zucchinis and tomatoes this evening. Would LOVE some roast chicken but only allowing such treats once a month!!!!
Flora37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #54  

I wish I could be more displined with treats.

Yesterday was a really bad day. It was a full moon and everything really felt off for me. I scratched my car again a pole in the parking lot of my apartment complex. My dogs made a mess of the apartment getting salt all over the floor. Work was stressful with difficult questions and people who don't want to help or listen. Then this morning I saw my new makeup compact was broke. With the weather and everything happening, I really wanna sit in bed and wait for warm weather to come.

Today I have court for parking at the library and going to a movie. I disregarded the sign and now I have that to deal with.

UGH!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #55  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Hey all!

Been MIA from the boards this past week-- I had my knee surgery on Monday and I've been SLEEPING all week long!! I did not need a lateral release and they removed the torn meniscus. But I have A LOT of arthritis on my knee. I won't know more until go to the doctor on Tuesday.

Walking has been on and off. My instructions were to get off the crutches as soon as possible. The first two days I was on both crutches at all times, then I reduced it to one crutch. Now I don't use anything (for the most part) but sometimes I need something to lean on. I don't have a cane but I don't want to buy one.

Before I was sleeping on an air mattress on the floor. But Dexter (my roommate/best-friend/ex-boyfriend) went out and bought me a futon bed and its the perfect height off the floor. I was crashed out in the chair and he came home (he went out to buy oxyclean to wash blood off my jeans, as I was bleeding on the way home from surgery and we had to go back to the hospital, but I was fine) with oxyclean and a futon for me. He sleeps in his room on his military issued cot, but is thinking of getting a futon for his room too.

Anyway, hopefully I'll participate more. But I'm still so exhausted. I'm glad you all are doing well!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

I am afraid to get on the scale tomorrow morning! I'm afraid I've gained more back. I got ambushed this week with PMS and stress eating. The PMS infected my brain and had me thinking that I should just give up and accept that I'll always be fat. However I'm not a quiter. While cleaning some shelves in my entertainment unit, I found my old Turbo Jam dvds! I forgot how much fun those are so I'm going to start doing those, mixed in with BL dvds.

I've got to conquer these last 20something pounds!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #57  

Hello All,

I hope everyone is feeling a little better from the last couple of post I read. Emotionally I'm doing good... Dietary not so much. I would say my eating is normal, but not what is going to get me to drop the weight I want to. My bf is noticing he is getting a little chubby and made a comment about my eating that pissed me off. He is normally very supportive. I think he is cranky about his own laziness and over indulging. I have been good with my work outs and think in Feb I'm gonna start the Insanity program - P90x or Body of Life. I have to see which one will work out best to my schedule.

I'm at the laundry mat now. I need to get back to my clothes.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, I haven't checked in for awhile. I am thinking about cancelling my WW online membership but decided to actually track this week in the new program and see what happens. I joined WW at the very end of August last year and diligently tracked until the new program was introduced at the end of November. Since then I have managed to lose 4 pounds but it has mostly just been maintenance and I must admit I haven't been that healthy/consistent with my diet. That being said, I went to the grocery last night and got all stocked up on healthy food, cleaned my spare bedroom so I can finally workout at home.

The weather has really been getting to me, so much snow and freezing temps. I hate being stuck in doors, walking at lunchtime is something I love to do and it helped me stay sane when dealing with my work. I can't wait for spring!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
The weather has really been getting to me, so much snow and freezing temps. I hate being stuck in doors, walking at lunchtime is something I love to do and it helped me stay sane when dealing with my work. I can't wait for spring!
I have to agree. I feel like putting everything on hold till the spring. I know I can't do that though. I have to push through this and get my butt in gear. I struggled Sunday and yesterday and hope to get out of my funk today. The sun is out. That is a good sign.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja2ma6lee View Post
I have to agree. I feel like putting everything on hold till the spring. I know I can't do that though. I have to push through this and get my butt in gear. I struggled Sunday and yesterday and hope to get out of my funk today. The sun is out. That is a good sign.
I am glad you are seeing the sun today, totally jealous I have been joking about having SAD but I am starting to think maybe it's the truth. Let's just stay positive and motivated! I finally have been getting back into cooking which is something I love to do and tonight I think I may go shopping, I haven't bought new pants since I have lost any of my weight and have a gift card from Christmas still. I normally hate clothes shopping but maybe it will be different now!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote