Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #46  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof2 View Post
Ouch! I have cysts in my knee from an old injury so I know that stuff hurts. Are you going to have it drained? It doesn't really hurt and you feel 100 times better after. (At least with the cysts it did) Hope you are feeling better soon!
I have no idea this is a new injury for me. It has gotten worse since this morning. I'm going to see what it'll be like tomorrow. It has gotten harder to walk and such.

Our living room is like a polished stone floor, and I was doing some exercises on a stability ball, and though I was on a Yoga mat some of the exercises required me to be on my knees. So I assume that is where the injury happened?? But yeah, gonna elevate it, and stay off it and see what happens. I'll call the doctor on Monday if its really bad.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 176/175/145

Height: 5'1"

Hope it is feeling better for you tomorrow. An old trick of mine was to soak in a hot bath of epson salts. Even if it doesn't really help your knee it will make you feel a lot better!
mommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #48  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Flops down on the floor of the 30's chat exhausted

Hello everyone! It's been a crazy month with lots of family visits and work, work, work. I've been able to read the forum here and there but have missed participating.

There is one thing I have learned from this last month.

I am not afraid of maintenance.

This is my first holiday season on a weight loss plan. I decided in early November that I would not try to lose, that I would just try to get to the New Year without gaining, and you know what? I'm doing great, and I even have a several ounce loss.
I've eaten restaurant food, airport food, home cooked mom food, Thanksgiving food, the occasional cookie, pie slice and piece of chocolate.
I've balanced it with lighter meals/snacks on the heavier meal days and keeping up with my exercise.

I didn't realize what a big fear the maintenance question was until I looked back at this month. I think that since I started I've had the unacknowledged worry that at the end of the journey I would fail and be right back where I was before. I am confident that I can get through the next few weeks with the same success and carry that success through through the rest of my life. I have the tools, I am armed with a polite "no thank you" and I know where the gym is.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLei View Post
I have the tools, I am armed with a polite "no thank you" and I know where the gym is.
This is something I need to learn how to do! I have a hard time passing up everything.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hello!! New and trying to find where I belong!

I am 32 so I assume that I fit in here. I am new to the site just started today after reading 3Fchicks on a diet a book I just happened to pick up my accident one day.
I have struggled with weight loss all my life I am at 190lbs right now and would like to reach 140/135. I have done all kinds of yo yo dieting in my life, ut have decided I want to do it right with a plan I can follow.
I am leaning towards WW after all the research I have done on it, but we do not have meetings where I live so it will be at home and online.
So nice to finally find a place to get some support!!!
chunkydunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #51  

Welcome chunkydunking! I'm really new hear too and I'm doing the old system of WW. I did it before and it went really well. I just started a blog on here and have all the info on that. I never joined online or went to meetings, I found everything I learned online and bought books and a point calculator on ebay really cheap. Good luck to you! I'm here if you need anything.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hey mommaof2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof2 View Post
Welcome chunkydunking! I'm really new hear too and I'm doing the old system of WW. I did it before and it went really well. I just started a blog on here and have all the info on that. I never joined online or went to meetings, I found everything I learned online and bought books and a point calculator on ebay really cheap. Good luck to you! I'm here if you need anything.
Thanks for the information I was wondering how I was gonna afford all the materials!! I am checking EBAY now!!!
chunkydunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkydunking View Post
Thanks for the information I was wondering how I was gonna afford all the materials!! I am checking EBAY now!!!
Not a problem at all. There are all kinds of online point calculators too but if you can find someone who has an old slide calculator, the first one I ever had was a photocopy that I rigged together. The one I have now it electronic and I paid I think $20 for it and the dining out companion. Best of luck and if you need any point stuff till then let me know and I'll try to help
Old 12-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #54  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Today, I weighed and measured myself. I went down 2.00 pounds since last week as well as 1/2 inch gone on BOTH my waist AND my hips! I'm feeling pretty awesome about my progress this week.

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 10/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 1183/1200 cardio
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Demona - congrats on your loss!

I'm down 4 lbs from when I joined 3FC and started my dieting last Monday. I'm very excited and can see my pants are fitting better today.

I was a bit lacks on the dieting this weekend. I don't feel that it gives you enough food especially if you are working out. I don't want my body to think I'm starving it and hold on to the weight. I'm eating items from the plan, just a little more. I really increased my consumpution of fruit and veggies. I'm really happy about that and know if I keep up with that I'll see the pounds continue to slide off.

I went to the gym and my bf went to the grocery store. When he came back to get me, he was eating icecream. I had to take a bite to teach him a lesson.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

No weight loss this week, but at least I didnt gain anything. I did get my scales back and I am going back to weighing daily. That is what makes me comfortable! Hopefully I can take off a couple of lbs this week!
mommy2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #57  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Happy monday friends!!!! This week I need to work extra hard I wi at 225.2 so lets make this week count come on we CAN do this!!!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

I haven't been here in a bit, but I'm doing good with keeping my diet and exercise on track. I'm taking the slow and steady approach.

Lately, it seems I'm in a bit of a funk, just depressed. Each year, I come to hate the holidays more and more. The greed, materialism, rudeness, selfishness, the dissappointment with my family that my best just isn't good enough, the groups all saying " give to me, give to me". I wish I could just skip Christmas! This time of year I feel like a mess. PCOS makes weight loss more of a challange, PMDD for 1 week a month I feel psycho and now the SAD is kicking in and I just feel unworthy of everything.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade...just needed to vent...
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jenn

I give a big DITTO to everything you just said. I'm trying to kill the last 13 minutes of work so I can run out of this place. I have a huge resentment against a woman I work with and the office celebrating everyone else's birthday but mine. I can't take it. There was ice cream cake and are still cookies available. i've been good sticking to my fruit and diet plan, but I want one of those sugary monsters so bad. I'm really hungry and ready for dinner.

Sending you hugs.

Jamie
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #60  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

@ Ja2ma6lee, Thanks for your encouragement. It feels good to have accomplishments noticed...even the small ones. I tell my husband about my little 'wins' and all I get is a "humph"....like the inaudible 'that's it?' kind of insinuation. I'm not letting it get me down. :

Dec 2010 mini goal 1: 10/15 lbs {193 pounds by 1 Jan 2011}
Dec 2010 mini goal 2: 1353/1200 cardio - Goal Met 14 Dec 2010
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote