3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   150s -- Where are you all? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/218217-150s-where-you-all.html)

joyfulloser 03-03-2011 08:44 AM

Ja2ma6lee - Might I recommend leaving yesterday behind....today is a new day...kay--surahh-surahh!;) That's my attitude anyways...actually I ALLOW myself one cheat MEAL per week. I don't always use it...but it's nice to know it's there in case I need it. Cheat DAYS...IMHO do derail progress and are extremely dangerous...but one MEAL??? Heck...my meal runs about 800 cals...and still doesn't derail my progress...but I can't imagine what a day of that sort of eating would do to it?

Shake the dust off your feet and consider today a new start!:hug:

ja2ma6lee 03-04-2011 08:37 AM

Thanks Joyfulloser. I wish I had read this earlier and again chosen poorly for dinner. The meal was disgusting and made me miss the train I wanted to catch home. Yesterday was so frustrating with working late and I've now seen a again on the scale two days in a row. I'm just fed up with a lot of stuff. Now with the train also being 20min late the frustration keeps mounting. I'm debating going home and back to bed.

I hope everyone else is having better success and a carefree day. It is almost the weekend.

Jelma 03-04-2011 10:33 AM

Hey everyone, Happy Friday!!! Still holding steady at 150.5 which really doesn't bother me, I have a feeling I will be seeing the 140s next week :crossed:

Tonight is my city's annual Bockfest, Bock beer, while delicious, is definitely not diet friendly. I am going to limit myself to two which will probably be more than enough, it is higher in alcohol content than most regular beer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay on plan (for the most part :))!

ja2ma6lee 03-04-2011 01:41 PM

This weekend they celebrate St. Pat's in the town I work in (Hoboken). It is a huge drink fest with a lot of drunks, fines, and arrests. I'm grateful I won't be around for it.

PlumBlossom 03-04-2011 02:02 PM

OK, my future fellow "thread-ers"... I'm almost there... or here, rather. I had several days of the scale being absolutely stuck at 161.2 but finally saw a .6 loss this morning. Thank goodness! Only .8 more until I'm officially in your ranks. I can't wait! The lower 60s have felt like a little prison! But I am breaking free!!!

@ja2ma6lee - Hang in there, sister. Sounds like you are going from one extreme to another. Maybe just eat like a normal healthy "chick" for a few days. Don't try to be crazy diligent and don't go crazy. IMHO a little normalcy might be the key to get your head in the game again. Here's a hug from all of us :grouphug:

ja2ma6lee 03-04-2011 04:46 PM

Thanks PlumBlossom. I feel like I need to be so strict to see any results. I tried the just eating right and I was only able to maintain. I'm sure there is some happy medium and I hope to find it. I think the stress from work this week has me upset as well. I'm not happy with how that is going, so then I associate it to how things are going overall in my life, and I snow ball it into something bigger than it it. Anyway, you must be so excited to be ridding yourself of the 160s. I know I couldn't believe it when it happened for me. I still posted in the 160s cause it didn't feel real.

I'm trying to kill the last 15 mins at work. I'm glad for fridays and having a standing appointment at 5 on fridays. It makes sure I leave here and start enjoying myself for the next 48 hours.

joyfulloser 03-08-2011 07:34 AM

My TOM week...bloated like the Goodyear Blimp!:( Cravings like no tomorrow...hunger like a savage!:mad: Ugghhh...back when all this is over!:D

ja2ma6lee 03-08-2011 08:50 AM

Joyful- so sorry to here about the TOM. We can all relate. I'm on the pill to get mine only 4 times a year. I think I still suffer all the symptoms each month though.

Am I the only one or does anyone else have a hard time believing the scale. I got a new one and yesterday it read 154.2 then today 153.8 (At first it said 158). I just couldn't believe it went down. I wanted to compare it to the Wii scale I have been using and that read 152.8. I guess a scale isn't always the best measure. I'm feeling thinner and eating better so I am grateful for that.

Today I'm suppose to go to the gym with my gf from work. I'm hoping we won't have to work late today.

ShanIAm 03-08-2011 09:04 AM

I'm just checking in to say that I am STILL here! But that's OK! I've had some problems this past week (lazy, no gym) but I'm happy to say I didn't gain anything. I even lost a bit. I am one pound away from my 150's goal of 154. I am hoping to see that by this weekend! Fingers crossed.

I'll be sticking around in the 150's post for a while longer but I'm just THRILLED to be here. This is the lowest weight I have been since, oh, I can't remember! Late 90's?

Why? Why didn't I do this sooner???? Haha!

ja2ma6lee 03-08-2011 06:15 PM

Shaniam- that's great you are almost to your mini goal. I hope you keep posting here. I'm hoping to drop out of here by St. Pats. My fingers are crossed.

Today was super stressful at work. Found out we'll be doing 12hrs shifts. My boss is annoyed with the performance of the department and taking it out on every1. I wish I knew what I was getting myself into a year ago when I signed up for this job.

NicoleInCt 03-08-2011 06:21 PM

Wow. Most of us have the same stats :) I haven't weighed myself in about a week because it's about that time of the month, and I don't want to get discouraged if I'm retaining water, so I'll check again next week. I'll probably still be here with all of you though...

ducktape54 03-08-2011 11:00 PM

I am at 157.8...hoping to lose to be close to the 140's by April

PlumBlossom 03-09-2011 10:42 AM

Hello "chicks" - Just checking in and saying hi. I am still "sneaking up" on the 50s. But I am oh-so-close now. I really would like to see that 5 tomorrow or Friday. We are having a potluck at work today - great. I made an offsite appointment specifically so I could stay away from all the junk as much as possible. There are a few items I can have so I'll snack on a few but then eat a big-'ole salad for lunch.

@ja2ma6lee - I totally know what you mean about not believing the scale. For some reason, once I got under 170, I started having trouble remembering what my weight is. I would be in the mid-60s and still saying and thinking I was in the mid-70s. Weird how that is.

ja2ma6lee 03-09-2011 07:24 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Well ladies, your good vibes must of been on my side...NO mandatory over-time. I can have a life. Under stress I normally eat alot, oddly today the idea of food made me sick to my stomach. That eventually passed when I was informed that we were not required to stay till 9 pm 3 nights a week.

With it being Lent, I did avoid meat and chowed down on a pizza. Not technically diet friendly, but did not upset the stomach which I will take for today.

PlumBlossom 03-10-2011 04:30 PM

Hi ladies!!! I am here for REAL as of today!!!! WOO HOO!!!

...and now I am off to schedule that facial I promised myself once I got here!