150s -- Where are you all?

You're on Page 32 of 32
Go to
  • I have officially dropped below 150. I just hope I can keep losing. It's hard for me to stay in the 140's.
  • Quote: ddovii, you can do it! How about weighing and pre-preparing some meals for yourself, then taking them out of the freezer as though they were your diet meals?
    Thank you for this suggestion and it did help!
    I dusted off an old 'bento box' I had because I knew it was a good portion size and packed some of my meals ahead of time.
  • I keep hovering around 160 to 157. I have been hitting the gym and hope to keep hitting it this week so I am keeping 157 on my ticker! I just want to get out of these 150s, ugh, seeing 157 one day and then 160 the next is a motivation killer.
  • I keep gaining water weight in the middle of my cycle -- 5lbs overnight, which sticks around for about 10 days. So frustrating! And when I see the scales jump like that I'm much more inclined to slide off-plan.

156 today and pushing that rock up the mountain all over again.
  • Last time I checked I was 151.0. So close to the 140s!!! Hopefully I will definitely be in the 140s by next week.
  • Quote: I keep gaining water weight in the middle of my cycle -- 5lbs overnight, which sticks around for about 10 days. So frustrating! And when I see the scales jump like that I'm much more inclined to slide off-plan.

156 today and pushing that rock up the mountain all over again.
    Ugh, yes. Just went through this. I forced myself not too look at the scale, because it would get me too discouraged.
  • I am still soundly in the 150s, what a pain in the butt! I went on a ridiculously long bike ride yesterday (burned 1400 calories according to MyFitnessPal!) but then I went out to dinner and ate about 800 calories back in a Gluten free pizza. I know I am still under my calories (well under!) but damn if I don't feel like I ruined my whole week. I gotta break out of this "woe, is me" slump.
  • Knock knock ->Ladies are you guys still around? Just checking, not in the 150s quite yet. Just seeing if anyone is home.
  • I'm a newbie and I'm smack in the middle of the 150s.

I'm on day two of diet and cycling. Well, I've had many day twos, but I'm hoping this is my last one. Just here to commiserate. Hope some people show up.
  • Hi there...welcome. Im not officially in the 150s yet but I hope to be here soon. Welcome...commiserate away
  • Oh, good - hi!

It's just such a nice feeling to think there are people in my age group and weight. I know a lot of weight-loss philosophy does apply all over the map, but a lot of the big WOW success stories I see and read about online are, like, twenty year-olds with 100+ pounds to lose. And no doubt, that is massively impressive and I'm very happy for those people, but often their stories don't quite resonate for me.

I was solidly in the 130-135 range for most of my twenties. I always felt like I could be in a little better shape, but I generally looked and felt good and never really had to do anything special to maintain.

Then, in the last three or four years, I just... lost it (or rather, gained it!). I don't know how it happened, and I certainly didn't SEE it happening. But suddenly (or it sure felt sudden!) I had about 25 more pounds on my body! I had been working as a teacher and almost always wore skirts or dresses, so I didn't even realize I'd outgrown all my jeans.

I think that realizing how big I'd gotten actually made it worse at first - it was depressing and felt daunting. Every time I tried to lose it, I'd get frustrated with the lack of progress and give up. Because I hadn't realized how the weight gain was slowly happening over time, I was REALLY reluctant to accept how long it was going to take to lose it. It had felt so quick - why shouldn't the results be quick?! Well, I'm out of that woods of denial. And now I've got a long, PATIENT road ahead.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

(But I'm also excited! )
  • *kicking down the door and busting in!*

I'm here y'all!! So happy to be here I don't even care it's the high 150's for right now. I'm just so happy to be back after over a year or more.

158lbs please stick I don't ever wanna see a 160anything again!
  • Im here finally made it -weighted in at 159.

90 pounds down!!