Old 11-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #1  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Default **30 something november chat**

Hello everyone its NOVEMBER!!!! Whats going on seems so quiet around here lately. Id like to start posting on this board more often lets share our ups and downs and keep the party going. THis is a hard time of year but together we can reach our goals!!!

Im working really hard to get into the 2teens this month. Last month was horrible for me. Heres to a better month
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Hey there! I'm a 30 something for a couple more years *sigh*. I don't wanna get old. No wait - I probably am old, I don't wanna grow up. And nobody can make me!
Anyway. After completely messing up my plan since spring and then just throwing it on the floor and stomping on it the past couple months I actually think I am back on track. I found 3FC in October and this is a wonderful place. I get so much support. I love the 5lb challenges (came so close to winning), the exercise goals, the accountability. For me at least, it does a lot to keep me motivated. I previously existed on a weight loss surgery board because I came >this< close to having it but if you have not had surgery a) not everything applies to you and b) some people are downright nasty to you if you lose weight without surgery. So I think that lack of support was hurting me. Theres no support groups in my area so I have to go online, which is fine. I have support in my life this is just not a huge city so there is no TOPS or anything and I went to OA once and it was a joke.
Anyhow - nice to meet everyone and I hope to connect with some people over time, its always great to have some "friends" you can really talk with about weight loss challenges and life in general.
Little background - I'm 38, married - we have been together 18 years - no kids by choice - I LOVE my dog - I sell insurance - I've been overweight since probably the age of 7 or 8 and never really tried to lose it until last year. The almost having surgery and then thinking about the issues I could have later on in life pretty much scared me straight. Before that I was THE WORST eater you can possibly imagine and I was a sloth.
K - talk to yall later!!!
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Hey there... I'm 30 something! I'm currently doing the ideal protein and I am losing weight it is working really well for me. I'm also single and argg... I'm scared that I will remain single till I reach my goal. I need to watch what I eat as far as fats and carbs, so restaurent eating is difficult and no drinking so bars are out where is a girl suppose to go out on a date. I'm in an extremly small down and our movie theatre shut down. Have to figure out creative dates that don't emphasis that I am dieting. Cause really until I know that I like a guy I feel it is really none of there business. So when a guy sais hey you wanna go grab something to eat I have something clever to suggest... any ideas??
joellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #4  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi everyone! I know how you feel joellio! I really like eating at subway, or just eat a salad when you go out for dinner. Some restaurants really have healthy choice selection these days. Thank God. I also like Thai food, which can also be healthy.

I'd love to chat about our ups and down. I can't wait to get out of the 200's. I just started going back to the gym this past week, and I'm really excited about the prospect of getting back into shape again. 38, single and no kids. I basically have a lot of me time, which makes it easier in some regards and not so in others. I can use all the support I can get. Have a good day!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Hello all! I'm 38 and doing some calorie counting and training for a sprint triathlon. Conquered my fear of running in the cold AND dark last night (with my honey's help)! Here's to a great November!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

I'm 31 and have been a yo-yo dieter for 10 years. Last June I reached my highest weight at 318. This summer I did great with food and exercise and then I went on vacation in September. I got completely off track and it has taken me until last week to get back on track. I believe November is going to be a great month. I can't exercise this week much since I had dental implants put in, but I haven't ate as much. So hopefully I won't gain much this week. I own my own business and its pretty stressful at times, but I'm in grad school too. These two things sometimes make working out and exercise go to the back burner. I rededicated myself to being healthy though. Good luck everybody!
Sandman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #7  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

hey everyone! looking forward to having an awesome november. soon i am gonna start exercising. i climbed 8 flights of stairs today. OMG so hard.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies!

Happy November!!! I love the Fall! Cool, crisp air, football....

I haven't been the best this week, thank you halloween candy, but i dumped it all out and now there is no candy in my kitchen! Tomorrow maybe Thursday, but it's a new day and a clean slate!

I'm also single, 36, no kids I say why wait till your at goal?! This past weekend I posted a profile on plenty of fish.com! My not being at goal and having some excess skin in the tummy and saggy boobs(sorry just being honest) are a great test for me know that I am loved for ME. So go out and find someone! Maybe join a meet up and make new gal pals. I also joined a new meetup group this past weekend, a book and movie club. Maybe start a group of your own.

I say live it up no matter where we are in our journey!

So that being said, my mini goal is to be between 175-179 by Thanksgiving with out doing anything extreme, like too low cals and excessive exercise, just the healthy way.

Have a good day ladies!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #9  

Hey all,

I've re-joined and love reading the post for motivation. I only have 8 months to be on this support thread then it's off to the 40 somethings. I'm not ready for 40's but I also don't let it get me too depressed. If any depression issues I have it's with weight not age.
I'm 39, married for 19 years (together for 23) We have 4 kids, first 3 are boys age almost 18, almost 17 & 10. Child 4, girl turned 8 a couple of weeks ago. Her b-day weekend was a last straw for me. My 10 year old son took a pic of me from behing and I was horrified!!! lol..... I had already made a mindset to start working on the weight issues. My re-start day was Nov. 1 but I was somewhat good the weekend so I'm actually down 3 lbs. since Saturday. I'm cutting sugars & white grains. I plan to work in excercise but right now with my short stature, 4' 11", the weight has my back in bad spasms. I've been pretty motivated that I haven't given into temptation nor really been tempted....till today. One of my weakness is caramels and I found a bag of caramels that I bought at the pumpkin farm, I meant to eat them but they got loss in the chaos of birthday stuff. Today I was cleaning out a bag and found them. My son arrived home just as I had the bag in hand and I shoved the caramels into his hand, "Go, take these away and eat them...now, GO!" Good thing he has his dad's metabolism he can't gain weight....grrrr
I may tend to read more than post, I usually get distracted with work & kids and have a reply composing then never post it.
My handle is partly my nickname (Nina) that my nieces & nephews call me, my actual name is Trish.
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #10  
HLS
Loving Life

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Talking

Ahhh November. I love it - cool mornings, cool evenings. Very nice. Perfect soup weather (which I had for dinner tonight!)

I am 38 (uggh, so close to 40). My husband and I have been married 10 years - together for 17 years). He is a wonderful man and the most amazing dad to our son.

Speaking of my son - I have an incredible 5 year old son who is wheelchair bound, has had 9 brain surgeries, is developmentally delayed, has a seizure disorder and moderate cerebal palsy. He's spoiled rotten, can play the piano by ear (after hearing a song just one time) and just so happens to be the love of my life. I am truly blessed to have such a special little boy and as he tells me all the time he's 'God's little miracle'. Considering that his medical team told me for the first month of his little 2 pound life that he probably wouldn't make it and not to get my hopes up, he has surpassed what even the most hopeful of them believed and is in school now! Now, if I could just manage to tone down some of his 5 year old attitude (his answer to everything is 'no' right now, unless you are asking if he wants a cookie, Coke, etc).

I am getting healthy for me because I want to be around to see how much more this lil' one can amaze me in a lifetime. He manages every day to make my world happier and help me put the not-so-important-things in perspective. No matter what, he starts and ends the day with a big smile because he is simply happy. I think we can all learn from that.

Good luck everyone with your goals this month! I plan on staying on track!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #11  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Happy November Ladies!! (and gentlemen if we have any here)

It's a brand new month and I am looking forward to a brand new month of mini goals and learning all I can to improve my health.

I have FINALLY learned something that I have known but refused to confront and that is...

~It doesn't happen over night. You have to take it a day at a time!

I used to think that it's all going to happen over night and if it doesn't then I should just quit and not try anymore. Wrong answer. That's how I got to the weight I am at now. I have a ton to learn about eating right, exercising and I know it's going to be a hit or miss situation and I am ok with that. I am ok with knowing that I am human and I am going to slip up. It happens, I refuse to let go of my dreams of bending over and not being out of breath, wearing clothes that doesn't have to have a stretchy waist, buying my first pair of high heels and not hurting in them, and most of all..playing with my children and not feeling like i need a nap before I do cause I am so tired and have no energy.
Sorry to ramble but thank you for reading

Let's make November a great month!

to all,

Angela
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #12  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Today I wi at 227.0 down a lb from yesterday im sooooo sick of the 220s. Between them and the 230s ive been here forever.

WElcome to all the new posters. Share your ups and downs with us we are all in this together!!!!!

Odonnela- congrats on your progress so far. A dog huh I want one sooo bad but I know I dont have the time right now and I get so attached to dogs. One day ill get one...

Joel- Ive heard a lot of people have good progress wtih ip. good luck with your program.

Jojo- I am soooo with you and I cant wait to see 1 something on the scale Im sure I will literally CRY lol lol we can do this!!

winning- I also calorie count and I love it. Its diverse and Ive gotten so use to doing it.

sandman-u can do it!!!!! Many people on this board started right where you are and were successfull!

sunny- climbing steps are no joke lol its a great workout tho

violin-DITTO I soo agree with you life is to short have fun on this journey it can be fun.

Nina- stick to your plan and you can work it! hugs

HLS- I also love this time of year! Sorry to hear about your son. Good luck this month!

msrat- thats the spirit! One day at a time my dear. WE can do this!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #13  
Mama on a Mission

Hi everyone. New here to this website but wanted to say I am with you all on your struggles. I may not have as much to lose but we all go through challenges and things that keep us from achieving our goals.

Had a terrible week and pretty much put on most of the 8 pounds that I spent the last month or so keeping off. So it will be back to the grind for me for the next two weeks to really get back on track.

Goals for me this week:

Run 3-4 days outside, 4-6 miles
Two days lifting and/or doing cardio of some sort at the gym
Cut out sugar compleletly from the diet...since that's what did me in these last few days.
Eat more veggies

Good luck everyone!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #14  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day... I have accepted the fact that I may have actually gained weight during the month of October.

Why?

Because I went back to the worst habit I've ever had.

I went back to drinking SODA!!! ARGH!!!

Why do I DO this to myself!? Why can't I finally decide that I'm worth the effort and that I deserve to be healthy!?

It's just so FRUSTRATING!!! *puts her head in her hands and sighs*

I was quite sad yesterday... My friends and I lifted a drink last night to toast another friend who died last year on November 13th. I had been saving a Smirnoff Green Apple vodka mixer for one reason or another... I cracked it open last night and toasted him with it. I know you aren't supposed to drink (much) when you're living a healthy lifestyle... But I rarely drink anyway and I wanted to remember my friend.

I'd really like to know why I buy so much soda... Not like it's doing anything good for me. It just makes me irritable and gives me headaches like you wouldn't believe. (Caffeinated or not... It doesn't matter.)

Any suggestions for kicking the soda habit like I did in the summer? I'd love to make this a year-round thing where I can actually go to any store at all (including the 7-11 by my house) and not buy it.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitRycher View Post
Tomorrow is my weigh-in day... I have accepted the fact that I may have actually gained weight during the month of October.

Why?

Because I went back to the worst habit I've ever had.

I went back to drinking SODA!!! ARGH!!!

Why do I DO this to myself!? Why can't I finally decide that I'm worth the effort and that I deserve to be healthy!?

It's just so FRUSTRATING!!! *puts her head in her hands and sighs*

I was quite sad yesterday... My friends and I lifted a drink last night to toast another friend who died last year on November 13th. I had been saving a Smirnoff Green Apple vodka mixer for one reason or another... I cracked it open last night and toasted him with it. I know you aren't supposed to drink (much) when you're living a healthy lifestyle... But I rarely drink anyway and I wanted to remember my friend.

I'd really like to know why I buy so much soda... Not like it's doing anything good for me. It just makes me irritable and gives me headaches like you wouldn't believe. (Caffeinated or not... It doesn't matter.)

Any suggestions for kicking the soda habit like I did in the summer? I'd love to make this a year-round thing where I can actually go to any store at all (including the 7-11 by my house) and not buy it.
Totally off topic to your thread.....
OMG YOU ARE A QR FAN????????????????
I love Queensryche!!!!!!!!!!!! Best band EVER!
Mindcrime is like a religion.
I have a huge triryche on my back.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote