Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Not even sure I want to weigh today!!! Had a convention this weekend - bad food choices.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #32  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! Just checking in. Feeling like someone poured sand in my lungs today. Boo.

Family pictures tonight! We have a lady at church that does professional photography - she will take our photos and sell me the digital copy for $25/each. So - since we have little kids we get them done every 6 months. I'm anxious to compare our photos from a year ago when I first started chunking away at these pounds! My husband has lost 95lbs since then as well!!

Better go - I'm fighting with my 8yo about completing her reading *again* and my 12yo is up and rummaging through the kitchen trying to make a mess...my 3yo is playing with playdough and my 18mo old is...being cute! I have an 11mo old from 9 - 2 today...so I better go downstairs and do some laundry before she gets here!

Have a great day!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 11-08-2010 at 09:23 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 164/164/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I am new to this group, thought I would say hi in this area too. I am 35 year old mother of three boys and I live in Oregon! Hope to get to know some of you better.
chaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #34  
New Attitude!

S/C/G: 185.6/170.0/135-145

Height: 5'7"

Mortonpixie - You made me dizzy just THINKING of all those kids at one time! I remember those days... hahaha... had mine so young, I had LOTS of energy then. I can't IMAGINE having little ones running around now. More power to ya, sis!

Chaitea - Welcome, hun! I'm new here too as of a few days ago, and these folks have made me feel SO welcome already! Great site for support and new friendships!

Last edited by WendyRN; 11-09-2010 at 01:11 AM.
WendyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #35  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Wink Sending 30's out with a bang!

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the welcome!!! I look forward to getting to know you. As for me, I just turned 38 and while I am not so concerned about getting older, I PROMISE I am going to hit the big 4-0 with gusto! So my last two years in the 30's are going to be my best!

So, for my birthday, my guy took me away for the weekend. I had a fabulous time, and although I ate too much, I tried (and succeeded) at least part of the time to make healthier choices.
I am back and I think I am ready to set some real goals. I have been kind of wandering, and honestly got lucky with the soda weight, but now I need to get down to the business of getting healthy. So here it goes:

1. I am Not going to worry about the final number. I want it to be in roughly the 150's but I haven't been that low since middle school, so I don't know.

2. I am going to focus on 10lbs. at a time, because, honestly, that seems to work for a lot of you, and I get overwhelmed by even 20 sometimes.

3. I am going to get 30 minutes of cardio 4 days a week for the next month.

4. I am going to eat healthy, limit portions and cook my own food as much as possible.

This is a challenge, because until very recently (last week) when people asked if I cooked, my response was, "I don't go into the kitchen without adult supervision."
I am the only person I know who has sent herself to the hospital because of her own cooking. That unfortunately, is NOT a joke but a very sad fact. (see below about asking for help... s-t-u-b-b-o-r-n)

5. I am going to ask for help when I need it and stop trying to "handle" everything on my own.

Okay, So those are not as generic as I originally thought, but its a start. So to give my goal a timeline, by Christmas, I want to lose 10lbs. That gives me just over six weeks and if... no, WHEN I succeed that will put me under 250, for the first time since 2003. (already grinning at that! :-) )

Again, thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know more about you. Have a great night.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #36  
New Attitude!

S/C/G: 185.6/170.0/135-145

Height: 5'7"

vdander - Sounds like you're a woman with a plan and that's the key to success! Just take baby steps and celebrate the mini-goals!

Great to meet ya!
WendyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Hey Ladies,
Here's my issue for today.

Do you think that WW brand snacks(cookies, cakes, frozen desserts etc) satisfy you or become more addictive?

I find that actually make me want more?! I tend to be more satisfied with a few bites of the real deal than those diet desserts.

Just curious about your thoughts..
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 294/235.8/140

Height: 5'5.5"

I have never done WW's myself, although I'm interested. I have bought the snacks... but back when I had no self control. I had trouble just eating one snack at a time... But that was the old me!

I think if something presents itself as a healthier alternative I'm more inclined to pig out on it then I would be something loaded in fat. Because I irrationally tell myself that I can have 2 or 3 of this low fat dessert in place of 1 fat dessert. So I don't know if its that the food doesn't satisfy, or if it's just my crazy brain.
KathleanAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #39  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

I have found a couple WW items that I like, but I find that more frustrating that satisfying. I want to eat the box, not just 1!!! I have been trying to stick with Whole Foods, even if they are slightly higher in calories.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #40  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

One good snack/dessert that I love is mixing a Fat Free/sugar free pudding cup with a cup of strawberriers. Feels like you are eating chocolate covered strawberries without the guilt.
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #41  
Less than 15 now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
Hey Ladies,
Here's my issue for today.

Do you think that WW brand snacks(cookies, cakes, frozen desserts etc) satisfy you or become more addictive?

I find that actually make me want more?! I tend to be more satisfied with a few bites of the real deal than those diet desserts.

Just curious about your thoughts..
I'm not a fan of "artificial" stuff. Not into aspertame/sucralose/whatever so most of that stuff is off the list. Read the ingredients list on that stuff - more than flour, eggs, and baking soda. Yikes... Personally, I would rather have a real cookie/cupcake that I baked (only once in a while) than the chemically enhanced version more often.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 164/164/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Wendy!!

I've never had WW foods, I too would rather have real food. At least a cookie you made, you know whats in it! lol
chaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #43  

I got home from work tonight and there was a message from my doctors office regarding the blood work I had done over my vacation in October. They want to talk to me about a few things.

I have to tell you...I am terrified of what they may tell me. It was a standard blood workup since it had been so long since I'd been there. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I call.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #44  
Less than 15 now!!

Jenn - Aw, c'mon...I can't believe they LEFT A MESSAGE to that effect! I sure hope it's just an elevated cholesterol or something - easily fixable with diet.

Anybody enjoying all the Winter Squash varieties this month? Amazingly, I have made some dishes lately that my family has really liked!

Went to the doctor today for my "cold" that I've had for almost 2 weeks. *hack, hack*. Got an antibiotic and some good ol cough medicine with codeine. I've only exercised once this week and have eaten to many sweets in the name of a fundraiser. I'm hoping to be back at the P90X on Thursday, which is the beginning of my week.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Jenn - Aw, c'mon...I can't believe they LEFT A MESSAGE to that effect!
Yep a message on my machine that said that exactly that. My heart and stomach immediately plunged with panick. I'm hoping it's something like my thyroid levels are off or my blood sugars are off or something.

I'll find out tomorrow.