Week of Oct 27!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I AM BORED AND LONESOME!!!!!I have papered the baby's drawers, washed all her clothes, fixed them all on hangers to match, redid the bed with the mattress pad washed, folded up the baby washclothes and towels, arranged my BF supplies neatly in the closet, cleaned out closets, started baby book, wrapped Christmas presents, caught up on the scrapbook, emptied the garbage for garbage day tomorrow, etc etc etc!!!
    I AM GOING NUTS WITHOUT HIM HERE!!!!! He called last night and I just cried like a nut....Hormones!!!!!
    My mood affects her and she moves all night...SD#2 got me up at 4am soo I have been doing nothing since!!!

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY ALL!!!!!
    RR
  • Good Morning All!

Just a reminder in case you forgot...FALL BACK this morning...hopefully you all caught an extra hour sleep last night!! I guess I did, I knew we had to turn the clocks back, but forgot when I went to sleep last night. We had such a busy day, we were both asleep by 10 (which is actually kinda late for me). I heard DH up and still home around 9:25 and got up to see if he was running late, he reminded me.

RR- Sounds like you're getting rather nutty down there!! Nesting?! At least DH will be coming home to a clean house!! I decided to have 2 eggs, 2 pcs. of taylor ham and 4 oz. of OJ for breakfast yesterday. Hopefully that'll be alright. My mom said the pumpkin pie should have been out of my system by the time they took the blood because it had been more than 12 hrs. I have been debating a belly pic...probably will, but itll be a clothed one!!

Tech- Good for you on the exercise!! Doesn't it feel great when you take the initiative and do something?! I always feel great when I walk around the building at lunch. It's .7 around and takes me about 20 minutes. Of course I can barely stand by the time I'm done, with the lower back pain.

Karen- Hope you got out a little yesterday afternoon, once it cleared up and the sun came out! I wish I could take a bath!! I wish I had a bathtub!!

Well, have a great day all, I have to clean my bathroom and kitchen today. Yuk!
  • Well everyone - I'm still here. I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks (maybe longer since my last post) but just haven't felt like posting. Don't know what's going on with my eating - I will have a good day or week and then go a little crazy for a day or week. The halloween candy is not helpful to a chocolate addict. But I better get things in control before the Christmas candy starts!! I've been wavering on the scale between 146.5 and 149 - I know that's not too bad but I'm just hungry and "snacky" all the time. For so long I could have just a bit of chocolate and that would be okay and now I want more, more more!!! Not getting on the scale right now because I don't want to see anything too bad I just have to get control. I'm still doing the meal planning for dinners and they're pretty good - I'm just hungry again a couple of hours later. Oh well I've been through it before.

I just wanted to say hi and to let everyone know I'm still here and I'll try to post more often - maybe that will help.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone right now but a special hi to all the "moms to be" - it all sounds like a lot of fun and I'm jealous and hope you're all feeling great!

Have a great day,
    Elisa
  • Hi all, I had a great weekend. It started on Friday after work when I did a 5K run. I ate well all day and was both mentally and physically prepared for it. Here's the best part...I was there warming up, walking around and stretching when I looked up and saw my ex-husband and his latest girlfriend (he's in his running attire while she's all prissed out with the perfect hair and makeup). I started laughing and waved to him and he freaked out and didn't even acknowledge me then walked off in the other directions. His expression was hysterical. I don't know if he was in shock that I would be doing the run or he didn't want me near his new woman. He was the kind of husband that would critizice me cuz I wasn't smart enough, healthy enough, energetic enough, skinny enough, educated enough, etc. It was so incredibly satisifying for him to see me doing this race. During the run I was waiting for him to run past me but I never saw him -- he could have started before me but I don't think he did. What a weirdo!!! We've been divorced for 8 years so I have no idea why he would react that way. Anyway...I did great on the run and it felt really good. During the last mile I actually passed several people who looked in much better shape than I am. I have one more 5K on Tuesday so I hope to do even better.

Saturday I relaxed all day (it was wonderful) then that night we went to a Halloween party. I munched a little bit but not too bad. I had a two drinks and then switched to water. I also did lots of dancing. Sunday I busted my butt doing major house cleaning.

On a sad note...our tortoise dug out of our yard and he's missing. We've had him for 5 years and he was so cool. I'm gonna make up some flyers today and go talk to all the neighbors. I hope someone has him and will give him back.

Have a great week everyone!!
    Liz
  • The time change has me all messed up. At least my kids went to bed early last night.....bad thing is they were up before dawn this morning.

On a good note...I've lost weight or at least inches. I put on a pair of jeans yesterday that are normally a little snug. Yesterday they were loose, real loose. So loose I was almost embarrassed to wear them. DH even commented on how thin I looked. I haven't been "trying". My diet sucks. I mean I'm not overeating really, but I haven't been eating healthy. I haven't been to the gym in a month.

My 12 month old daughter is really taking off with her walking. I forgot how drunk toddlers look when they walk.

RR- That's some serious nesting!! When are you due? I understand completely about the crying to DH thing. When I was 8 mos pg, my DH left home to work with his dad because he got layed off right after Sept. 11th. I cried constantly and as soon as he would call I'd start yelling at him (out of character for me). We lived next door to a cop and he come over one night to make sure everything was ok because he heard my yelling. Oh the woes of pregnancy.

LBH - I hope you got some cleaning done because I sure didn't.

elisa - I haven't had a chance to "meet" you yet, but hi. I know about the halloween candy thing. I purposely haven't bought any this year just so I wouldn't be tempted. Chocolate sounds soooooooooo good right now too. As you posted your weight I was curious to know how tall you are.

liz - WOW! A 5K, that's awesome. I am so jealous. I want to run badly, but after giving birth 3 times my bladder muscles are weak and just the slightest jog makes me pee Hope you find your tortoise. And way too funny about the ex. Men are so stupid sometimes.
  • Hi All,

Elisa!! Good to see you!! Sorry to hear you're having a rough time...hopefully it's just a Halloween thing. I'm having a pretty rough time this past week or so with sweets too.

Liz- to you for doing the 5K!! And even better that exDH got to see you looking soo good!! Hope you find your tortoise.

Kesco- Congrats on the losing some inches!! It must be quite a few if the pants were soo baggy your were embarrassed to wear them!! I didn't get too much done this weekend, but I did get the kitchen pretty much spic and span. My table, which is a counter top built into the wall, is a "hot spot", as FlyLady would say. It collects everything, we can't even eat at it most of the time!! We ate there last night!

Well, I had a midwife appt. this AM. Everything is going good, but we're getting a little worried about my weight. I gained 4-5 lbs. this month, and neither of us is happy. I brought it up to her when I stepped on the scale. I said I've been absolutely horrible the past few weeks. For breakfast this AM, I had 8 oz. OJ, 2 pcs. apple struedel bread w/brummel and brown, and ring dings!! I told her I try to walk everyday for at least 15 minutes, but my back aches me. She suggested I get one of those maternity belts that supports your stomach, and try again, it should help. She wants me to walk more. Otherwise things are great. He's measuring a little big, but she said that's probably just the extra padding on the uterus. I start going every 2 weeks now, through 36 weeks, then every week. My next appt. in Nov. 13th, and we'll get an U/S. She will be on Vacation, so I'll see the doctor and he'll measure for date and size, etc. I'm soo excited to see Petey again!! I'll be 30 weeks then.

Have a great day all!!
  • Kesco - I'm 5'4" and I wear a size 12 right now. I'm not unhappy at my weight (which is maybe why I've slacked off) but I could easily lose another 15 lbs I think.

Tried to have a good day but still managed to find candy. I'm still not giving up and if I get a bit better each day I'll be back on track in a few days!

Elisa
  • Hi all. Well, DH left for Maryland tonight. Once again, I am so happy they caught those crazy guys!! I decided (for some crazy reason) to clean the top of my refrigerator tonight. OMG!! That was the grossest thing. Then I saw what the top of my cabinets look like. UGH. There's no way I can reach them without a ladder and I am banned from that right now. DH would be hopping mad at me if I did that.

Lauren: Uh-oh. Sorry about the weight thing. Is 4-5 pounds bad? I've been OK because I haven't gained anything by the doctors scale. By mine I had lost one, but then I realized I weighed without shoes last time and with sneakers this time. I guess they weigh one pound. He wants me to go back in three weeks. Did you go from 4 to 3 like that? Just curious. Yeah on seeing the table. I was almost there and we went to Cosco. Now I am back where I started.

Elisa: Welcome back. Lurking is good sometimes too. I know that when I was in school (it sure feels good to be able to say that ) I would be so tired of being on the 'puter I would just read and not post sometimes for weeks and weeks. Do you want to loose 15 more pounds or do you think you should for some reason? Maybe your body is happy at the weight you are now and that is why you are having problems. I also haven't brought any candy in for Halloween. I bought toys this year to give out. I do have some Lindt hanging around but I have really not wanted candy since being pg. Maybe this is a good side affect!!

Kesco: Yeah on the loose pants. That is totally awesome!! Glad you had a nice weekend.

Liz: Congrats on the race. Sounds to me like your ex has some problems. Maybe he was jealous 'cause you look SO darn good!!

RR: Only six more days??

OK, puppies are begging for attention so I gotta go. Have a nice evening all.
  • Hello all!!!!

Only 4 more nights of sleeping alone!!!!Everyone say a prayer that he will be home Friday evening safe!!!I even called the airlines to cry and beg for a new flight on Thursday but there is no flights except Mon=Wed and Frid..I guess that I have to straighten up!!! I bought 3 diaper bags yesterday cuz I couldnt figure out the "perfect one"..
    I am getting weirder by the minute~~~

Kesco-I am 33 weeks2 days sooo I guess the nesting is part of the whole thing!!!

Lauren--Yeah on seeing Petey again soon!!!I have Kaleigh's pic on my dash board and look at those chubby little cheeks daily!!!Sorry about the weight...I am telling U=--that diabetic diet has been the best for me..THis week, I am having problems with lower sugars cuz my appetite is poor with DH gone..I will see next Tues with my next appointment!!!

Karen--I am glad we are "suffering" together...Makes it easier to know I have a "friend" in the same boat!!!Hope he gets home safely soon!!!!

ELise==WElcome back!!!

Off to cook supper!!!!
    RR
  • Hi guys,

Have been lurking around last week, no time at all!
    Here's the news: am leaving job the 31st (that was a shock!, as if I couldn't have been told before!), am starting the new one either 1 Nov or 15. More pay, better job (private investment and insurance project firm). I am also going to go to the Netherlands on special fare (weekend 200$) to have my tooth fixed by my dad or sister (needs a root canal + small op so probably dad). Have been paying: bills bills bills bills etc. up to now so totally broke, no shopping in NL for me...
    Ex-BF is still staying with me, have not found a new house yet, but am feeling a lot better. Have NO idea about my weight, but am being counselled by my friend the (female) weightliftress so that's going well. On Friday I had an extra gig showing around a just-married US couple, really nice people, so we all had lots of fun. The weekend was quiet, only in stead of putting the clock back I put it Fwrd, ahem. Where DO I keep my brain!
    Yesterday was a holiday (the day the Greeks said NO to surrendering to WW2 Mussolini which started the war), and the weather was again perfect, so we went for cocktails at the Yacht club and pretended we were rich, and afterwards for dinner (which was actualy cheaper than the drinks, can you believe it!)

Lizzard, sorry about the tortoise, are you sure it's gone? it might have dug in for winter(?), what's the climate like with you? Gran's toirtoise doesn't show itself a lot these days, mostly it stays dug-in

Kesko, can you teach me the thing with the inches?????

RR, DHB is almost back (maybe even today?)!

To all others, lots of love and be well (gotta pack my stuff!)

Back in check, GG
  • GG--Have a nice safe trip!!!Of course, not for dental work!!!!YUCK!!!3 more nights alone!!!!!!

Have a good day all!!!!
    RR
  • Thanx RR! It will hopefully be on the 8th, so I do have some time to prepare. As for dental work, My dad is REALLY good, only he says things like: "open your mouth now and shut up!" so that's less funny. I am not even afraid of his sedating needle though, he manages to sedate without any pain, just a little discomfort. Phew! But I can't sue him 'coz he's my dad...GG
  • Hi All,

I'm soo tired this AM. I love it when I have half days, like yesterday, and I can either sleep in, or just sit around for a couple hours before doing anything! Have a slight headache that's getting worse, think I may have to pop some Tylenol, because I had it yesterday too.

Had fun at childbirth class last night, learned how to time contractions, and this time DH was really sweet during our relaxation time. I think this may work afterall!!

GG- Official congrats on the new job. Have fun in NL, even if it is to get teeth fixed. You have to remember, Fall back and Spring forward.

RR- I can't wait to have a cute picture of Petey to show everyone and look at all day!! Hang in there, just a few more days til DH is home! I'm really hoping I don't get a call from Tina saying I failed the 1 hr.

Karen- How long is DH gone for? Bummer. You'll have to have him climb up and clean the tops of the cabinets for you when he gets back! If you haven't really gained anything, then 4-5 pounds is not that much, but she wants me to gain slow and steady, which I've been doing up until now. It's definitely all the crap I'm eating. I didn't lose anything in the beginning, because I wasn't that sick. Did I go from 4 to 3 what? Weeks? You go every 4 weeks up to 28 wks, then every 2 wks. til 36 wks., then every week until birth.

Have a great day all!
  • Hi.
    RR: I really remember the nesting I went thru the last few weeks- my house was never cleaner. I can't believe you bought 3 diaper bags! Hope you can return 2 - remember you haven't even had your shower yet, you'll probably get more diaper bags there.
    I didn't like the look of diaper bags and used an extra large purse I had - worked perfect (it was black, not pastel like all the baby bags were at the time).

Lizzard - yeah! on laughing at the sight of ex-h. and good job on the 5K. Sorry about the turtle. Every one we have had has found a way to dig out of the turtle habitat too...we've never been able to keep one for 5 years - more like 2 mts!

I need to go get ready - I have town errands to do today before the boys and I do school. - jul
  • Tsk, tsk, tsk - after elisa posted about chocolate, my cravings got the best of me and I went to the store and bought an ex large Dr Pepper, Skor, and snickers. I drank the Dr Pepper in one gulp it seems. After I finished the skor I put the snickers in DH's drawer for him to have later. After about 10 minutes I went and got it and gobbled it down. It was so good!! I love Dr Pepper. I used to drink several a day until recently. I haven't had one in a long time. I try to drink mostly water. Oh well, one time isn't going to kill me, but I know after yesterday's incident all that soda and chocolate is going to go straight to my butt.

Jul - do you homeschool? I give you a lot of credit if you do. I am home with my kids all day and I long for the time they are old enough to send to school.

LBH - let me know if you use the techniques they are teaching you in childbirth class. I hate those headaches. My OB had to prescribe meds for mine because they would get so bad. Now that you are going every 2 weeks, the time will start to fly.

Karen - You aren't supposed to see the tops of your cabinets. That's why the top is WAY up there. Just do like I do and pretend they're clean.

RR - 3 diaper bags? I hate picking out diaper bags too. I usually end up just using a purse anyway. Counting down to Friday with you

Greek - sorry about the dental work, but at least it's a trip to see the family, huh. I am one of those weirdos who likes to have work done on my teeth. I think it's because I love having an excuse to take it easy. That whole yacht party think sounded fun. I've always wanted to go to Greece.

I feel like I skipped someone. Sorry if I did. I am sure with my mommy brain I'll do that often. I am going to ix myself a glass of water. I hope it'll curb my craving for another Dr Pepper.