Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #61  

Jaylei you should be so proud of yourself you are doing great!

Sarah good for you getting back into the 160s. Moderation is really the key.

Mortonpixie I read your blog and love it. I am sure you will see results you are so diligent. Running intimidates me. I tried c2k this summer and have up after a few weeks. I am going to try it again in the spring.

I did well with my exercise yesterday got up and did my regular burn it up tape that I am on now in the slim in 6 series and the 2 bonus ones abs and stretching. This am was an early work day for me so just got in my regular DVD. I am going to try and abs tonight. Will need to see how crazy life gets when I get home.
meoc7197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #62  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meoc7197 View Post
Will need to see how crazy life gets when I get home.
Amen to THAT. I am ever grateful for a supportive spouse that kicks my butt down to the basement so I can git-er-dun. Many times I can hear the running, shouting, and going's on's above me and have to shut it OFF. Ol' Tony Horton is good about reminding me that I need to "be where I am."

Well, FINALLY, down this morning!! 166.6...I will certainly take that. Yesterday I felt that I hit the apex of my sorrow with the whole thing. But WTH is a girl to do?? Quit and fer-sure gain back fat....or keep going?

And thanks for reading my blog, meoc7197. I didn't think anyone was reading it but my hubby!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! Currently fluctuating btw 167 & 169 but that's a heck better than a couple weeks ago when it was 169 & 171! Hoping I can make it down to 165 by this Friday or the following Friday, love to be halfway through the 160s!

Mortonpixie - how is the P90X yoga disc? That is the only one they have. I have never done yoga before, does it break it down for you?
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #64  
Less than 15 now!!

Jelma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Mortonpixie - how is the P90X yoga disc? That is the only one they have. I have never done yoga before, does it break it down for you?
Yoga X is the toughest Yoga Practice I have ever done. You can have it be your 1st experience, but don't get discouraged, maybe start with doing the first 45 minutes (it's 90min long) and work your way up. I would actually recommend starting with something like Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown or The Firm Yoga first.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #65  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

nurse2be ~ great job cutting down on the binges. Studying and snacking seem to be connected somehow, don't they?

meoc ~ I am proud of myself! I'm having a really good focused month and I'm trying not to worry about next month when the holiday hits, since this will be my first with the new eating plan.

morton ~ awesome to hear you are through that rough spot! And you are right… you certainly can't quit with as far as you've come (look at how far you have come!!)

Jelma ~ welcome!

As for me I had a woosh this morning (happy tap-dancing)!

I'm seriously considering upping my final weight goal by 10 pounds. I don't know if seeing the 120's is realistic. I had originally set my goal at 135, then dropped it. I think it may just be halfway-itis. If my goal was 135 I would be halfway there today.

I'm taking a rest day, my legs were noodle-ish last night at Zumba proving once again that Zumba is not an appropriate rest day activity from running (duh!)

Last edited by JayLei; 10-27-2010 at 03:20 PM.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM   #66  
Less than 15 now!!

JayLei - Woot!! for the Woosh!! As for your goal weight...you may have to adjust it as you get closer anyway. I know, for me, 139 is at the top of the "range" for a healthy weight for my height. I figured if I get there and want to do more, I can. Secretly, I would like to be closer to the 120's that that...but never have been in my whole adult life so I'm afraid to go for it!

Down again today...166.4. Shew! Oh how cool it would be to get into the 165.x range by Monday!! I'm all excited because I get to go in to phase 2 of the Nutrition plan for P90X. I get one more carb serving (2 now) and one more fruit (2 now). Yay!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #67  

Thanks Morton! for the encouragement and the advice. And way to go on regaining your momentum!!

So I hit 165.1 this morning, and this is normally when I start reading the thread for the next decade down as encouragement... but there isn't one. This scares me a little. I know as we get smaller, the taller girls hit goal and peel off to the maintenance forum, but my brain starts to psyche me out a little... too many Halloween thriller movies, I guess. "The 160's... chicks go in.. but they don't go out!" (insert edgy music here).

aaaanyway! I hope everyone has been doing well and keeping on track!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #68  

Jaylei we will all have to start the 150 thread together!

I got up and did my slim in 6. My knees are starting to get achy. I also ordered Chalene Extreme which is going to be my next step. At first I thought I would do P90X but I have time constraints and the videos are long. The Chalene Extreme are supposed to be shorter. I am really looking fwd to get my box in the mail and start my next exercise adventure.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #69  

Talking

Good morning and Happy Halloween weekend to you all. Today is my rest day from my slim in 6 workouts. I may try to make it to the gym to get 30 minutes in on the elliptical. I have to work today and I am bringing the kids to see Jason Derulo's concert tonight.

So I weighed in today and I am down to 162.7 which is 5.2 pounds since starting 10/4! Yeah. I tried to do my measurements but they appear to be the same. I think that I don't know how to do measurements!!! Oh well. I have 2 more weeks with SLim in 6. I ordered Chalene Extreme and I am really excited to get and start it.

Hope you are all doing well and staying focused. I know this weekend and the next few weeks are going to be tough for me with all the Halloween candy in the house. Although I have broken in to any of our stash yet so that's good. I usually test it out to make sure its not poisoned LOL! Also DH & I are going to Puerto Rico on Nov 12, so hopefully that will help as motivation not to pick.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #70  
Less than 15 now!!

meoc7197 - congrats, girl! You are smokin' through this decade!! 5.2 is FANTASTIC in one month, I'm impressed.

166.4 and holding firm for me, yay! I really hope this is the end of the stall. I read that the creatine in the P90X Recovery Drink could be responsible for my water retention (if that's what was going on!)

Have had a helluva last couple days. My 18mo old is cutting those canine teeth and he does it "right." Nuclear diapers, fever, clinginess, up in the night. My back is acting up due to all the hauling around/getting up in the night. My School age kids are really being horrible to each other and I can't get any schooling done with them because every time I leave the room (to diaper a baby or wash some dishes or change the laundry) they freak out on each other and FIGHT!

Glad tomorrow is Saturday no school! I need to figure 1st Quarter grades this weekend. The kids are doing pretty well so far. 1st Q is mostly review...it's gonna start getting tougher, soon!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #71  

meoc ~ yes we will! It looks like you are going to get to start it soon! woot!
I seem to have one or the other with the weight/measure thing. If there's no change on the scale, I whip out the tape and it usually rewards. Numbers have become the best kind of cookie for me!

morton ~ rrrrr I'm sorry to hear that your days are rough. The gals in my Zumba who teach were all swapping stories last night, so it must be the season. I hope things calm down for you soon.

This weekend I need to get it all back together. House cleaning, yard tidy up and even the car needs a sweep before the bad weather sets in. I'm having a hard time finding that balance between weight loss activities and life function.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #72  

Good morning ladies. I am working this am on paperwork before the kids get up. Beginning to worry about my will power to not pick at the Halloween candy. Please send will power vibes!

After I finish my paperwork I will do my workout video as well as the bonus stretch and abs videos.

My knees are getting sore. Any advise on how to keep them from being so achy?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 172/167.5/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi! This is a great thread! Congratulations to all of you for your resilience and determination. I lived in the 160's from @ 20 years old to @ 30. The scale started creeping up and for the past couple of years I have usually resided in the low 170's. I have gotten back down to 167.5. My goal is to break into the 150's by Thanksgiving. My main challenge over the past couple of years has been the stresses associated with teaching, which cause me to get little sleep and crave sugar like a fiend for the first time in my life. Good luck to all of you!
happywomanblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #74  
Less than 15 now!!

happywomanblues -

meoc7107 - ice those knees ASAP after your workout (frozen peas or corn works great!) and take some Ibuprofen. If they keep giving you trouble, look into using a foam roller on your IT Band, or getting a brace.

Well, I made it through the first 30 days of P90X. I posted some *gulp* pictures. Here's to hoping I survive another 30 days!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 10-31-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #75  

meoc ~ you can resist the candy, just one more day, right? Then you can chuck the rest of it. As for your knees,what mortin said, plus if it's from a hard workout, an epson soak may help. If it's more wear and tear you may look into a supplement.

morton ~ oh my goodness!! You rock lady!!

I'm holding steady, which is expected after that rapid drop last week. I have found that the state of my house definitely affects my eating and energy level so I need to finish getting it tidied up today. Uncluttered house = uncluttered body, I guess!

Happywoman ~ welcome to the crowd!

Hope everyone out there has a safe and Happy Halloween tonight!