Old 07-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Bored at Work - Bad Place to be For My DIET!

I have a busy job. I do. It's not just really always mentally challenging and I get bored. So, I eat. On top of it, I'm sitting most of the day. What kinds of things do you do, or perhaps snack on, to help keep the weight down when you're bored at work? I can't leave the office, I can scarcely leave the desk really and still be able to do my job. Sometimes I go to get food just to get up and move. I can go a whole weekend and be really good about my eating. Get me to work and the first thing I do, after booting the laptop, is grab a drink and something to eat. That's pretty much the pattern of the day.

Anyone else like that? I'm posting here trying to keep from eating and keep busy!
Restypines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/141

Height: 5'2"

Drink water! Then to take a break you'll be going to the bathroom! Bring some veggies to snack on, maybe some 100 calorie snack packs. And when they are gone!

If you really want to munch go look at yourself in the mirror and remember where you were, and how you look now, and visualize where you want to be and ask yourself if its worth it. I have to do this a lot.......
sarahtmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtmomof3 View Post
Drink water! Then to take a break you'll be going to the bathroom! Bring some veggies to snack on, maybe some 100 calorie snack packs. And when they are gone!

If you really want to munch go look at yourself in the mirror and remember where you were, and how you look now, and visualize where you want to be and ask yourself if its worth it. I have to do this a lot.......
I should keep a mirror at my desk. That's a good idea!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

Bring a big bowl of sugarfree gum. Sometimes there is nothing more refreshing then some winterfresh gum and a glass of water.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Sometimes I keep hard candies at my desk or jelly bellies. Of course - that is calories, but you can suck on a hard candy for a while and maybe curb your desire to eat something.

I sometimes get up and go to the bathroom (even if I don't REALY have to) just to stretch my legs.

I get up and talk to my ube neighbors.

I keep telling myself, if I get too bored, I will go walk up a flight or two of stairs... but I haven't gotten THAT bored yet. Lol.

I sip on water flavored with on the go packets.

I also just tell myself eating from boredom at work is just NOT an option.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I had a data entry desk job the last time I lost this weight. I would bring a snack for 9am (popcorn) my lunch for 12, and a snack for 3pm (cheese stick, etc). I ate at the same times every day and really looked forward to it. I also didn't bring any money for the vending machine, or go anywhere for lunch.

Now I run a home daycare and care for 8 kids...no time to even eat sometimes! 'Course, that leads to BAD choices in the evening - so I'm still largely regulated in my eating "times".

HTH
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
Sometimes I keep hard candies at my desk or jelly bellies. Of course - that is calories, but you can suck on a hard candy for a while and maybe curb your desire to eat something.

I sometimes get up and go to the bathroom (even if I don't REALY have to) just to stretch my legs.

I get up and talk to my ube neighbors.

I keep telling myself, if I get too bored, I will go walk up a flight or two of stairs... but I haven't gotten THAT bored yet. Lol.

I sip on water flavored with on the go packets.

I also just tell myself eating from boredom at work is just NOT an option.

I do the bathroom thing too. I'm on a floor with very few women, and bathrooms are on both sides of the building. On our side our bathroom is usually empty. I'll go there and actually do some exercise sometimes just to not feel so sloth like sitting at my desk. I also go up to the 4th floor(that's as high as this building goes) on the stairs and back when I'm REALLY bored. I do that maybe once a day.

I think half the time I don't even notice i'm eating from boredom until I really try to remember the last time I was actually hungry. Then I know I ate badly that day.

Mortonpixie - i so used to go to the vending machine daily. That was part of my problem. I don't bring money anymore either and I try to bring healthy snacks so I'm not tempted. Sometimes those chocolately treats just call my name! Our work doesn't just have the candy vending machine. They have the ones where you can get muffins....pop tarts.....so that's really the draw for me. I'm a muffin lover and i've gut back MAJORLY since starting the south beach diet. In the last 5 months I've probably had 3 muffins. I could eat them daily before(20lbs fatter of me though).

Good suggestions though. I do like having gum at my desk. I also have bottles of water galore. I just hate drinking water sometimes. I sorta OD'd on flavor packets. Kinda gross me out now. Sadly I drink too much diet soda. That's also part of the problem.....