Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #1  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Default The perils of my sports bra...

Well, it looks like today I have to go shopping for a new sports bra. I had to skip my walk this morning becuase last night my bra chafed under "the girls" and by the time I got back from running, I had two BLEEDING welts and each welt is about 4 inches long. It is incredibly painful! My bra is maybe 3 months old. Ugh. I tried to put on a regular bra this morning- OUCH!!!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Owwwwww that must hurt!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I actually said "ouch" out loud! Boo. And OUCH!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #4  
started out 6/30/10

That was seriously disgusting. Today I wore an undershirt under my new bra and all was well. The welts are all scabbed over and gnarly, though. YUCK.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #5  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Ouch and Gross!

Does anyone know of a good sports bra for larger ladies that does not give a uni-boob?
saram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #6  
started out 6/30/10

There is a GREAT sticky about sports bras in the exercise forum. I came here and read that after my... um... "episode".
Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #7  
Mission 130

S/C/G: 180/172.5/130

Height: 5'1"

I've always had the worst luck with sports bras. They are either too big or too small and the difference between what is considered large is appalling. I can't work out if there is the slightest bit of bounce and so I buy about 9 of them when I find a brand and size I like. Had to give up the old ones from the last time I was skinny. Still, you'd think with a market like women trying to lose weight, there'd be quality, affordable material out there. :/
d-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

I know a lot of people swear by the Enell sports bra, but I bought one and hated it, had to send it back. It was like a snug vest; there wasn't anywhere to actually put my boobs if that makes sense.

I'm a 34G, so that's part of the problem. So I double up. I bought a Freya underwire, like this one: http://tinyurl.com/263pmae

and then to further minimize the bounce, I pull a tight, stretchy Champion bra over the top of that. Locked and loaded, baby, those girls aren't going ANYWHERE. The Freya wasn't cheap, but I simply have to have something firm and supportive if I'm going to run and those silly little stretchy pull-on bras aren't supportive enough to wear around the house, let alone exercise in. Not for us girls with a lot on top, anyway!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote