Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Default New and need support

I'm new and need support! Mother of one, and about to be married for the 2nd time. I'd welcome any comments on how to make the cravings for salty and sweet foods to GO AWAY! I've cut soda and sweet tea from my diet, which is hard because I'm from the south...so I feel like I've succeeded there. High stress job equals me wanting to pig out when I feel stressed. Help!
jj105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW303/SW 282.5/CW 272.5/GW 173

Height: 5'10

Hi there and welcome. Congrats on your upcoming marriage.

As far as the eliminating cravings goes, what's always helped me was to cut it completely from my diet, but that's just me. It's tough for the first couple of days but once you get past that it's smooth sailing. My favorite part is when I go back to that food after a few weeks and it tastes awful. Then I know I have that control over that food instead of it having control over me.
francine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #3  

For me it helped tremendously that I stuck to a plan where you are not allowed to snack on anything for a while. Three meals a day, spaced five hours apart, and nothing in between but water or tea. It doesn't work for me in combination with restricting my calories, but it totally killed my snacking habit.

Now I only have a snack when I'm hungry, not because of cravings.

Basically it's the same as francine has already said: you have to go cold turkey with the awful sweet and salty snacks.

For destressing on the job I recommend making a nice cup of calming herbal tea - there are so many varieties, you'll surely find one you like! And yes, there is time for such a ritual, no matter how stressful the job is, because after that you'll be far more productive again!

Last edited by 3FCuser001; 06-25-2010 at 06:36 AM.
3FCuser001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!! I am fairly new here as well and so far it has been a great experience!! I look forward to hearing more about your journey!
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote