Old 04-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Default Rock Stars--APRIL

Hello Everyone,

Happy Easter!

I am doing only okay....frustrated by my running injury, and haven't been as careful with my eating this week (on vacation and holiday cooking, etc.). However, after a holiday meal and some Easter treats, I am going to be ready to get back into things on Monday!

I'm setting a mini goal of losing 5 pounds this month. Here are my plans for making this happen:

(1) Calorie counting: I just joined an online cal count site.

(2) Exercise: even though I can't run right now. That's okay, I can't make it an all or nothing thing. I'm going to do the elliptical, rowing machine, walking biking, weight training and yoga.

(3) Stress relief: prayer, yoga, time with my family, and one bubble bath a week!

Anyway, let's share our mini goals and keep each other motivated. Good luck to us all.....

Warmly,
R

Last edited by RunningToSmile; 04-03-2010 at 10:15 PM.
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/266/150

Height: 5'4"

Red face

My first mini goal is 20 more pounds. My end of the month goal is to lose 8 inches from my waist and hips. I am more concerned with inches cause that means smaller clothing sizes.
kay lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay lee View Post
My first mini goal is 20 more pounds. My end of the month goal is to lose 8 inches from my waist and hips. I am more concerned with inches cause that means smaller clothing sizes.
wow 8 inches by the end of the month??
journey0f60lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

my goal to loose 5 lbs.
CW 194
GW 189
journey0f60lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

thanks R for startin the thread, this has been a crazy week for me and weekend! hope everyone does well this week...I am up 2.4 lbs from this time last week and I feel like a pregnant woman, lol. My legs and feet are so swollen, ugh!
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #6  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

My mini goal is 8 lbs this month. I finally went down a size and want to see if I can get down another size.
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #7  

Did I miss something, I thought that we had more posts than this...hmmm

I can tell that I haven't been on 3FC all week! Dang stomach bug!! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone,

I have been counting calories on a website, and it seems to help some. A real eye opener on how my nutrition is adding up. I have been having an awful, awful few weeks with lots of stress and tragedy, and I haven't been giving this weight loss my all, for sure......I am going to really knuckly down and work hard now.....

R
Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #9  

Haven't been around in awhile but I have been doing well. We are doing a lot of house remodeling and that keeps me busy. I couldn't work out for a few days because we had all our appliances in our living room. Crazy. But I did pretty good with all the work we were doing. Glad things are back to a little more normalcy.

Hope you all are doing well. My goal was to lose 10 this month. Not sure that's realistic or going to happen. But I am going to Fl at the end of May. Oh to be magically 135. lol!
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #10  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

It's good to see that the Rock Stars are still around. I haven't posted in sometime and just wanted to check in. I've had a slight setback and gained 20 lbs in 2 months time, but am happy to report that I'm back on plan. I have started jogging again. With the help of my personal trainer, I have been able to go from jogging 1 mile non-stop to 3 miles. Tomorrow is my big test. I'm going to shoot for 4 miles without a break. It's going to be extra difficult since my trainer will not be with me as she has to take her dog to the vet.

My mini-goal for this week: jog 4 miles non-stop.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Arrrgh!

So I have had a rough couple of months Rockstars. Remember when I was late and was worried I might be pregnant....Apparently I was late because of carcinogenic cells on my cervix. I have stage 0 cervical cancer caught SUPER early! Sorry if this is TMI, just needing some support.

In 2 1/2 weeks, I have to have surgery to remove a thin layer of my cervix. Needless to say the biopsy, the stress, the test results, have all led to a 9 pound weight gain!! GRRRR.

I also tried over the last 8 days to give up coffee, soda (diet since I don't drink regular), chocolate, and alcohol. These items are full of acidity and can help create the environment ripe for cancer cells. (so I have read--whether it is true or not is another story---have done a lot of internet researching since my diagnosis). In the last 8 days I gained 5 of the 9 pounds. I thought we were supposed to LOSE weight when we stopped drinking soda?!

So I'm discouraged, tired, feeling bloated, and am not looking forward to a 3-4 week recovery period where I can't work out. Any suggestions or uplifting comments? I don't want to gain weight while I can't work out and I certainly don't want to put on any more weight before my surgery. *sigh*

Oh yeah, I did start a very good vitamin regime from Meluluca called "Vitality" It has a ton of vitamins to take morning and in the evening. They have one for healthy cells (which I need). Any experience with these? I am hoping these and all the water I am drinking will help my energy level but after a week, nothing to show for it.

Take care Rockstars and have a good week...
-Not so much laughing girl today-
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #12  

laughingGirl- I am so sorry to hear about your ordeal. hugs to ya. Thankfully it was caught in the early stages. I would say that the stress is taking its toll on your body and it will even out for ya. (hopefully) Just keep doing what you are doing with the water thing. Not having TOM I would say has alot to do with the bloating and water retention. That is probably where all the weight gain is coming from. Just be patient . Here for support!! Take care of yourself!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #13  

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Stress can cause weight gain as well. I hope it all goes well for you!

As for me. Hanging in there. Trying to push out of the 190's. Hopefully this will be the week.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #14  

Laughing Girl, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The positive is this is fairly treatable, being Stage 0! Being in tune to your body likely helped with early diagnosis. Try to stay in tune with your body as you prep for surgery. Cutting out caffeine, etc. is always a good thing. Be careful to watch your stress eating...very understandable, but could you snack on fruit, veggies, other healthy eats if you need to munch?

Do you have mobility limitations now? A walk or some light workouts may do you a world of good mentally, especially knowing that you can't workout post-procedure. Keep hydrated, that will also help with recovery in the long run. Having optimal nutrition prior to your procedure will help with wound healing--think adequate protein and dairy, plus fruits and veggies.

Finally, it's okay to cut yourself a little slack while you go through this.....not to give you an excuse, but sometimes life is sort of sucky, and it's okay to not be totally focused on weight loss while you get through this issue. You will pick it back up as soon as possible after getting through this acute illness.

Thinking of you......

R