Old 04-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #61  
Finally doing something!

S/C/G: 223/180.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey everybody!

Squeak- Way to go on pushing through your workout!

MisfitRycher- I’m glad you had a good Easter!

RunningToSmile- I’m so sorry for your loss and your injury.

Silver- Don’t give up, you’re so close to your goal!

Parkeout- Gotta hate that candy! There was a big jar of jelly beans right next to my desk at work and people kept coming over to get some. It would make noise every time people got some so it was hard to ignore. Then one of the guys went to get some and dropped the jar on the floor and it broke. Oh well, no more jelly beans in my face…lol.

Josiegrl- So nice to meet you! Glad your swelling went down. Hope your fam is better!

I’m doing good. My allergies are way better. Pushing myself to stick to plan. I’m hanging in there. Keep reminding myself that the weight will come off!
Caro0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #62  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hi gals.

Well, the baby just had hives. Phew! I don't know WHAT would have caused that. I have incredibly sensitive skin and have suffered from hives for no apparent reason.

Hope ya'll are hanging in there! I'm doing okay. Same old same old. Gym tonight. Made some hummus for veggie dippin'. Just feeling a little blah...need a nap.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #63  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

I’m going to be the mean one right now and I’m not going to apologize for it. Snap out of it, ladies! Toss that damned candy! Your kids don’t need it. They need healthy moms! Throw out the junk or throw out years of life with your family. Take back control and make that choice! (Ok, I’m sorry. I felt it needed to be said.)

Caro, thanks for responding to my TOM question. LOVE it that the jar of candy broke when someone was trying to get into it!

Silver, my TOM was pretty irregular too. When I drop under 200 they pop back up. The only down side. Do you think that you self-sabotage when you get to a goal weight? I am wondering how much of that goes on. I get a little weirded out when I get near goal weights. I am with you on getting to the gym and thinking, “maybe I’ll have an easy day” then kicking my own butt. Actually going to the gym is a treat for me so it’s easy to get there. After being in the house with kids all day, I NEED to get out and do something for me.

Jenn, that would be pretty cool if the two of you got something going and we were here to hear about it from the beginning. Do you sweeten your coffee or do you even drink coffee? We used to use Splenda because DH is diabetic. Since all of the anti-sweetener posts, I give him table sugar. Is Stevia good?

Mollz, doesn’t “staying in bed” with your DH count as exercise? Thank you and your DH for the time it took to come up with a spreadsheet to track our weights.

Parked, 10 days! How is that fair?!? Glad you’re feeling better. Sinuses/allergies/head colds suck for sure.

Tracy, welcome back!

AFChick, Whoo hoo for ½ way!! That is super awesome!!!! Your April goal is 12 pounds?

Squeak, I’m so happy for you that some of the stresses in your life have worked themselves out. Great, great job on working out when feeling sick and planning for Easter. Whoo hoo on the full pound lost! You’re just hacking away at that scale!

Running, * hugs *. Awesome job staying on plan even in the midst of something so awful. Running is so therapeutic I agree. I’m glad that you were able to start up again.

Pixie, so glad your baby didn’t have the pox. My youngest had a bunch of bumps a few days ago. I didn’t remember who had mentioned the pox then had a panic attack that she had been exposed to it. Turns out she was getting bit up being outside. Whoo hoo for no pox! You’re almost ½ way to your goal like AFChick. Awesome!

My weight is down to 187. I don’t know if that is from a whoosh and now I will be stalling or if it is a 2# per week loss but it didn’t show because of TOM. I’m hoping that it’s a 2# per week loss. The whooshes are cool but those stalls make me want to hack off a body part. Aren’t we so happy that our legs are going to be looking much nicer in time for shorts season?
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #64  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

RunningtoSmile: I'm so sorry about your friend. If you need a place to vent about it, just post. We're all listening.

Mel: Well, yeah, it does, I guess. How many calories you reckon it burns?

This is just not my week! Lots of unplanned trips and bad food in the house (God knows why). There hasn't been any Easter candy (I don't buy any except for the odd marshmallow egg or two), but DH has been off from Tuesday through to today (Thursday) and we've been tripping around and having visitors. Yesterday, we went out to lunch after the motorcycle got fitted with new tyres. I had a 1/2 portion of a satay chicken salad. Towards the end, the satay got soaked into the crispy noodles (it's just chicken, lettuce, cucumber and crispy noodles) and made them all soggy. But it certainly was a good salad. I can't really imagine what the full portion is like! Then we decided on ice cream for afternoon tea. I don't think I'll ever be able to handle myself in an ice cream shop. I do fine with individual cones or bars that you can pick up in the market, but have me make my own?! Good God no!

I want to lose *something* this week and I've been hovering around 79.7 for the last 3 days. It's better than gaining, but I want to be losing it!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #65  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Well I feel the need to confess. I have been doing horribly all week since the weekend. I have been drinking a little bit too much and today I'm just eating all the crap I can get my hands on. Really stupid! I want to start over though, I don't feel all motivated but I'm going to make myself stay on plan no matter what tomorrow. At least I haven't let the exercise go to **** too. Okay, now that I've gotten that out I think I can move on. Sigh.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #66  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

mortonpixie I am SO glad the baby is ok!! Yay!! And I am considering making a low cal french onion type dip for raw carrots and celery for my long trip next week(going to Atlanta!YAY). If anyone has any veggie or fruit dips--I'd love to hear them!

MelO You are SO RIGHT. I went through all the baskets and emptied out the candies--kept the little plastic eggs (which is his favorite part anyways) and saved his chocolate bunny--which I won't touch) at 5 am this morning. The funny part is, he probably won't he notice or care. *sighs* What was I thinking?? GAH! Thanks for the reality check, girl. I for one needed it!

And I am not sure shorts will be in my future this year-- but I am hoping to AT LEAST be able to pull off some capris.

Mollz Hoping your scale says something nice. I am the opposite of you with the icecream thing. If I buy the box of bars--I will sit there and eat the bars until they are gone. But if I go out and get some at a shop--I can eat one and then go home. LOL

Bigknitter Good that you confessed your issue. Last week when I was sick I was drinking a bit too much(helps me sleep) and before you know it, I was drinking and snacking--then the Easter candy came in... UGH!

Just pull yourself up and continue on! We can do this!!

Ok, me: Its weigh in! (Mon and Thurs are my days) and I was pretty pleased to see myself 1 lb down from Monday. Now one more pound will see me back to my pre easter weight.

I had a bit of an epiphany yesterday--where I feel like I have hit a wall. I am doing things to get good numbers and abandonning some really good habits that I had built up.

So, while I will still be logging my food on fitday..the totals will not be my main focus. I am mainly going to focus on getting enough sleep, exercising daily, getting in enough water and start taking my vitamins again.

I feel like I was SO proud of myself--loss or no-- for sticking to 'plan'. The past three weeks have been an exercise in futility and I am NOT happy with some of the things i have done(even dehydrating) to see a good number on the scale.That isn't helping anyone--especially me.

Game face is back on, and priorities straight once again.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #67  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

parkedout - you're right. No matter what the numbers say, sticking to the plan is the real victory. We must stop comparing ourselves to external measuring sticks (other people's losses, etc) and just be happy for us! Trust me, my husband has lost almost 50lbs since January 1st...me - 15. It's hard, I work, but he just doesn't eat and looses like crazy. Anyway, good job on getting your priorities straight.

Just wanted to check in. Daycare kids are arriving and I heard the baby cry - so better get off here.

Thanks for being there for me gals. It's been a hard few weeks.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #68  
Wannabe Loser

Thank you parkedout I am feeling so much better about things this morning and am going to stick to plan no matter what. Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #69  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all - still hanging around. Don't get to post much since the crazy soccer/baseball season has started. I run around so much in the evenings that the only time I have to attempt to keep up with everything else is during my posting time dangit! The scale is still slowly moving down. TOM is here now, but scale reaction is unpredictable. I had a recent whoosh though, so I finally reached 25 lbs lost Scale tried to sell me a 186.5 this morning, but I don't believe it, so I'm claiming the 187 I got on the second try (weighed 5 times this morning, got 186.5 4 times and 187 once, and I choose to believe 187 ) And why TOM when there is still Easter candy in the house? My kids don't have much because we avoided candy this year and got them games instead, but my mom sent some (argh) - I think I'll just throw it out - the kids won't miss it.

MP - my two boys are allergic to everything it seems (although never tested because doctors seem reluctant to do that anymore unless it's a life-threatening allergy). They both got unexplained hives in the spring 2 years ago and have never had them since. Hopefully that will be the way it is with your baby. My oldest is also horribly allergic to blister beetles. They fly in our porch lights at night, so when we get inside, we have to frisk him and make sure that none of the beetles is on him, or he will break out in painful blisters anywhere that the beetle touched him
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Morton-Glad it's not chickpox!

MelO-That would be cool is something started between us. Maybe it's just a crush, but I can see it happening. Ya know?! A friend told me that "he must be single! He stopped and talked to you right? If he wasn't single he woulda enjoyed the view, said yumm and went on his way." So we'll see. I'm expecting, however sad, nothing more than smiles and waves though. Time will tell. I usually live at the park from now till the time change in the Fall anyway. But I'll take some positive vibes that something happens! As far as sweetners, I use 1packet or 1 tsp of splenda in my tea at home, but at my current place of employment they have the blue and pink stuff. So I use 1packet of the blue stuff. I'd like to get rid of the artifical sweetners as well, but not sure what to replace it with yet. I was diabetic for 10years(it's reversed with all my wieght loss) so I don't have the sweet tooth tolerance for sugar anymore. I did try stevia before and found it too sweet for me. But I use so little splenda at the moment, I may not change.

I second what MelO said. GET RID OF THE CANDY LADIES!! Don't make me channel my inner Jillian Michaels on you!

I hope everyone has a good weigh in. I'm actually having a good week. Back on track with the diet, the workouts are tough. This rotation of 30ds, BFBM and NMTZ is killer! I'm sore but hopefully I see those incredible results from it that I heard of. Weigh in day for me is Saturday, weekends are much better for me.

My sinus' however are killing me! Ugh! The pollen today!

Oh Yeah-I just got a call from a recruiter. A company that they submitted my resume to wants to interview me! I'm just waiting to hear on a time. It's for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper position. So excited I'm nervous!!!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #71  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Jenn: Good to hear about the interview! Congrats on landing it! You'll do super, so don't sweat it. And please, get Jillian on us; I think deep down we all love how she motivates us despite us not wanting her anywhere near us.

Well, good news today at the gym (I knew it would be): 13 pounds since October (11 since the beginning of the year). All my measurements went down and my triceps were the biggest losers losing a whopping 7mm of fat (33 to 26) and I'm down 11mm total (93 to 82). Trainer seemed very pleased and we're putting me on a higher weight rotation, so it's 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio. I'm taking off the fat, but not putting on much muscle. Iv'e got 2 old programs that I'm alternating every two weeks:

Three different circuits for weeks 1 and 2 three days a week and 2 cardio days. This one is a classic curcuit- 20 reps of one weight, 50 seconds of cardio, another weight times 20 reps, 50 sec cardio, etc for 20 machines in total. There's an extra cardio day option as well. I might do that on Sunday, which is normally my day off.

Weeks 3 and 4 is an intense muscle building routine with back, biceps and abs on Monday, shoulders, calves and triceps on Wednesday and upper legs, chest and abs on Friday plus 25 min of cardio at the end of those days, and 2 days of cardio for 45 minutes, plus an optional extra day for cardio. Might be Sunday as well.

Then back to weeks 1 and 2, then 3 and 4, etc. for 12 weeks. I've got another skin fold after that. I think for my cardio, I'll keep running since I'm enjoying it (as long as I have an ipod).

It's a beautiful Friday and the dipsticks at the regional council are tearing up the street. Grrr. Too much noise. I'm going to get down to the dojo for my Friday training. Talk to you ladies soon.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #72  
Wannabe Loser

Mollz that is awesome - way to go!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #73  

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone!

Jenn- for the interview, hope it goes well for ya. You deserve a better job and I really hope you get this chance.

Mollz- Amazing job you've been doing. Building muscle will help you lose more fat and give you that toned look. I so want that toned look and not the flabby, tired mom look.

kuchick- Throw that candy out, you don't need it!!

MP- how's the baby? DD has so many allergies it isn't even funny. DH gets hives too. He gets so mad but we can't ever seem to pinpoint what causes them.

I have a major NSV that I am so excited about. I have been trying to gain endurance for jogging/running as some of you know. Last Tuesday I jogged 4 laps twice with a break in between. Last night I jogged 4 and thought 2 more laps, then I did two more and thought, hmmmmm... I could keep going and I did for 18 minutes straight. Who would have ever thought that I could jog that long? I finished with 5 minutes of walking, and then went downstairs to the exercise room for an hour of body sculpting. I saw the trainer there and she said "good job up there with the running" *woot..woot* It's nice to be noticed, and it's nice that I can jog without passing out too.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #74  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Bigknitter Just keep at it! You can do this!

kuchick Yay on the 25 lbs!!! I can't wait to even see my first 10 gone! You must feel awesome!

Violin Jenn Thats a tough fitness rotation!!! Lots of Jillian

Mollz WTG on the loss!!

squeak NICE JOB on the running!! WTG honey!!!

Thats amazing!

No scale today.... and no anxiety. I am taking this as an omen. I AM on the right path. Water is a little lacking--but I am working on it!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #75  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
AFChick, Whoo hoo for ½ way!! That is super awesome!!!! Your April goal is 12 pounds?
Thanks! Ya, 12 is the goal...I really want 170...3 pounds/week is high, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Hasn't gone real well yet though...I spent this week doing stuff for my kids' school...all day, on my vacation days, no less...so haven't worked out since Monday. Today, I was going to go running during lunch and then I had a filling fall out of my tooth right after I got to work, so I had to spend 2 hours during lunch at the dentist! Now my face is numb and my jaw hurts. (Did anyone else ever feel like they put the needle with the drugs through your jaw and into your ear canal? I swear my ear was numb, but my tooth still hurt, so they had to give me more drugs...)

And tonight's parents night out at my kids' karate club, and DH and I were going to go out...now I feel like cr@p! UGH!!!!

Last edited by AFChick; 04-09-2010 at 03:38 PM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote