Snack Attacks Arrrrgggghhhhhh

• Ok here is my dilemma..... What ideas do you have when you hit the road home from work and Taco Bell and Mickie D's is screaming your name to kill your hunger???

I have brought rice cakes - and have eaten enough carrots that I should be orange by now

I am glad that I have found this site...
  • Hi Rosie!

Please come join us on the "week of..." thread, that's were we have our daily chats and such!

I can sympathize with you though, I pass Mc Donald's everyday on the way home. What I try to do is eat a yogurt or something before I leave work, so I'm not famished. Also, I think about what I've planned or am planning on having for dinner, so I'm kind of locked into it, and DH would be disappointed if I didn't make it!
  • hi rosie! welcome to our group. i'm new here too feel free to join us on the "week of..." thread!

it's actually very easy for me to pass up fast food when i consider how many calories and fat grams just a small hamburger or taco contain. i used to eat a lot of fast food just for the sake of convenience, but i've found cooking my own food to be rather enjoyable and i feel a much stronger sense of accomplishment!

every once in a while i might craves french fries or something, but then i just pop a few sliced del monte potatoes in the toaster oven and go that route instead. want a taco? try some low-fat ground turkey and fat free cheese. with a little extra time and effort you can pretty much recreate anything healthily!
  • Hi rosie, it seems that we're all inviting you in to our thread!
    About the cravings, try buying a big jar of pure whey protein (90+ %) powder, such as bodybuilders use (in extremely huge quantities).
    Take it to work, then before leaving, Use one scoop as said on can/jar/tin, and mix it (with a hand mixer) with cold low-fat milk into a nice milkshake. This will cut the cravings real nice until you come home and can eat some real food. Hope this helps!

Greekgirl
  • oh, and by the way, it only has about 180 calories so it also fits in in almost any diet/food plan
  • Rice cakes and such, and plain veggies and especially carrots and fruitjuice, besides not-filling, are starchy and could increase your hunger pangs in the long run.
    Other easy "better options": slice of brown bread, yogurt (see post above), plain glass of milk (no juice), some low-fat cottage cheese, maybe with some honey (1 teaspoon) or chopped fruit, 1 egg (boil some and put them in fridge, they keep really well).

bye again for the last time today....
  • I don't know if this would work for you but when I know my willpower is low I take the cash out of my wallet and leave it at home. I know I can't stop if I don't have easy money to spend.

It also works for the candy machines. I make sure I don't have any change in my car or wallet so that I can't get it. Luckily most of the time our machine won't take dollar bills.