Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default ACK! What was I thinking!!!

I don't know what was wrong with me. I seem to have lost my mind and will power this week. Way too much sodium with japanese on Tuesday, Chinese on Thursday, frozen dinners and eating out. GAH.. scale was up yesterday 3 lb, then I had it all planned out for last night but nothing went the way I thought it would.

First of all the movie was a lot longer than I thought and we didn't get out until 7pm. I hadn't eat since 1130am. I was STARVING! Mom wanted to go to Hobby Lobby (closes at 8) and then go eat. She wanted Cracker Barrel, can we say 45 minute wait. It was almost 9 by the time we got to eat. I had planned on Ruby Tuesdays, and had a game plan, by the time our food got to the table I was ready to chew the legs off the table. I normally eat half my meal and bypass the bread. Nope! Ate the whole darn thing, then ate a biscuit and a cornmeal muffin. Did I stop there... uh..no... mom bought a FREAH pecan log, it was so soft, gave me half, then DH handed me a handful of hershey kisses when I got home. Ate them all!!

Not only has my eating been HORRIBLE but I haven't been exercising like I should be. Only got 2 days in and I took it really easy, not the butt kicking workouts I have been doing. ACK!

OMG I am so mad at myself. I need a major butt kicking.

To set things back on track I got up EARLY and headed out to grab some groceries. I got things to make meals at home, and healthy things to snack on like fruit and veggies. I am tossing those darn hershey kisses in the trash and I am forbidding any more to come in this house.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #2  
vegan chick

S/C/G: 240/226/130

Height: 5'5

But the good things is that you realized that the kisses are bad etc.. and you're refocused.
phojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Oh man, do I know this story. Though there comes a point (for me) where I have to analyze a little and see why I keep doing the same things over and over. When I take a look I see that, personally, I sometimes don't think I deserve weight loss. I am a Mom, Babysitter, Sister, Daughter, Volunteer - I feel like I should just "shut up and keep working" on those things that make others happy.

People that are obese are not lazy. They are not stupid, or inept. They don't lack motivation or self control. Most of the time, they just lack self esteem and are so busy taking care of every one else that they don't carve out time for themselves.

Just my two cents.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

What matters is that you know eating like that is not great and to get back on track.. Hang in there.
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #5  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

One good turn deserves another, right?

I'll agree with MP about obese people not being stupid, lazy or inept. You are NOT any of those. We all have difficult weeks. I had mine last week; yours must be this week. Use this week's lessons as a plan to avoid the pitfalls from the past week. We learn from our experiences (some more than others), so use this weekend to get back on track again.

Now, get off your butt and go work out.

Last edited by Mollz; 02-20-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Because I can, goshdarnit!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys. I know what I need to do I just need to do it. I am seriously finding it hard to get back the motivation. I want it but it's just out of my reach....
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I will admit that I haven't been as "on track" this week as in past weeks. I agree with you pix - we are not lazy. I don't know what it was for me. I just had a few days where I almost wanted to derail myself. I knew I should get up and get going, but I just wanted to lay on the couch as much as possible. Now that I am writing this, I wonder if my thyroid was running low. I was tired, sluggish, and slightly depressed. But, not overly hungry. Thankfully when it runs low, everything slows down including my appetite. Well, maybe that's it for me. It makes me feel better to think about it that way. Even if I remember my medicine every day, there are still fluctuations. Who knows, I might have forgotten it one of the days in FL.

Let's start a new week, ladies! We know why we want to be here and be successful. We know that it's possible and we deserve it! Let's plan, journal, eat well and exercise. It makes us feel better when we do!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #8  
The Final Frontier

S/C/G: 156/148/126

Height: 5 6'

So what? Don't beat yourself up as it makes you worse. There's no perfect person, we all have bad weeks.

Just think of yourself at a crossroad, you could easily continue with the bad food choices... but you're not going to. That's all that matters. You're going to control the food you're going to eat - not the other way around.

You know you want to do this - so you will.
bridietogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #9  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I have a major ditto for what bridetogo said!!!!
Get back on that horse, girl!!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #10  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Today is a new day! Trite but true...

You can do this!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

Squeak, I've been off the wagon like you. This is my first day back reading this forum and my Nutrisystem plan forums. I don't know if you do this too, but when I'm "bad" I stop reading all the motivational blogs and tips and forums. Which is the exact opposite of what would be helpful.

So good news- Like AFChick said- today IS a new day, and like bridietogo said- SO WHAT, beating ourselves up only makes it worse.

So we detoured a little bit, time to get back on the path...and remember the ultimate goal of enjoying life. Enjoying life means an occasional detour is ok, but always refocus on our ultimate goal of health and happiness!

WE CAN DO IT!!!
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote