Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #1  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Absolutely zero motivation

WTF happened to me!?

The last two days have been really difficult. Well, it started Sunday after our hike to Kawakawa Bay; it was a hard hike, but we managed it. Went out for dinner afterwards (it would have been nearly 7:30 when we got home and upwards of 9pm by the time we cooked and ate) and I think that's where I kind of fell off the motivation wagon. I've eaten a lot of refined sugar since Sunday and I can feel my body craving it again.

Yesterday, my food choices stunk, no lunch, but one Twix bar for morning tea (150 calories) and afternoon tea was a caramel blueberry slice and a cheese scone (again, we were out having a motorcycle ride with our new bike) and buying new gear. No veggies at all. No exercise at all.

Today, I had a good breakfast of porridge, but lunch was out (a surprise I had not planned on and didn't plan for even though I ate relatively healthily). A serving of corn chips and 14 teddy grahams (2 serves) for afternoon tea. No exercise. No veggies or fruit (yet).

I have ZERO energy and feel like eating more chips and teddy grahams (I'm not going to and I'm going to stick to my 1400 calories today). I feel like there's this big blob sitting in my stomach right now and I feel like going to sleep. I'll need to exercise tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to get my minimum of 4 days in this week.

Someone please give me an a*skicking to get me into gear tomorrow!!

Last edited by Mollz; 01-18-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #2  
Motivated 1/13/2010

S/C/G: 169/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

You can do it Mollie! I know you can. If i can do it, I know you can. Motivation is something I lack. I do find that if I start out right in the morning with a good breakfast and water, the day goes a bit easier for me. Hoepfully, I won't need a kick and can keep it up!
Teresa2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Okay, you asked for it!

C'mon, Mollz, get back on track! You can do this! You'll be surprised how soon you feel better just by stopping the sugar cycle. Even before the scale shows it, you'll feel back in the groove.

I can't wait to see the post that I know is coming - that you're feeling better and eating better!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Aw, Mollz! Girl!

I know the refined sugar trainwreck you're talking about. All those little cookies and things really get to me. I think it's the refined sugar / white flour combo that turns me upside down.

Start flushing your system with water and get moving. Get mad enough at the source for how it crapifies your body - being angrily motivated always helps me.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #5  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Girl! You had better get you NZ behind into gear! Think of all of those changes you have been seeing in yourself. Do you want to throw those away? Your motivated self would kick your arse! Don't do something you love to do until you have worked out (like posting or wathcing tv). I too am awaiting your, "Ok, I got my butt in gear and worked out" post.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #6  
Carpe diem

Well, it's kind of the post you guys are looking for... maybe not EXACTLY it, but close enough.

I didn't get to the gym, but I got to my aikido class, which involves rolling, falling, getting up, being thrown and moving around. It made me feel a little better.

I've also had to micromanage the calories for the rest of today. Here's what my intake is like today to get me back on track:

Breakfast
Uncle Tobys - Oats - Quick Sachets - Original, 34 g (128)
Sugars - Brown, 25 g (94)
Keri - Premium Orange Juice, 250 ml/1 cup (106)

Lunch
Subway - 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast W/Cheese, 1 Sandwich (350)

PM tea
Woolworth's Home Brand - Honey Flavoured Tiny Bears, 20 g/14 bears (92)
Bluebird Nz - Party Corn Chips, 45 g (222)

Dinner
Generic - Egg - Hard Boiled, 1 egg (78)
Good Seasons - Italian Dressing Prepared With Less Oil, 1/8 of Total Package (70)
Lettuce - Butterhead raw, 2 cup, shredded or chopped (9)
Chicken Breast - Grilled, 4 oz (90)

Dessert
Woolworth's Home Brand - Honey Flavoured Tiny Bears, 10 g/7 bears (46)
Strawberries - Raw, 160 g (51)

TOTAL: 1,336 (out of an alloted 1390).

The rest of the week sees me eating a piece of toast, 1/2 c blueberries, 250ml OJ for breakfast (replace 1/2 c blueberries with 1c cataloupe or 100g strawberries); a protein bar and 1 serve (17 crackers) Vitawheat cheddar and chives for lunch, dinner is red beans and rice (no sausage). All morning and afternoon teas are 1c or 1 piece of fruit and 7 teddy bears, dessert is 125g yoghurt. Water all the way! No more diet cokes and sugar when I eat out... I'm carrying extra water boosters with me and will snack on fruit (buy it at the market if I need to).

I HATE the way I feel and wonder how on earth I managed to move around eating the kind of cr@p I did.

I will be going to the gym tomorrow and carrying on with my workout as though I had been going all week, the only difference being that I will run on Thursday instead of cycling.

Mel: You're right, I don't want to throw all those changes away. I've worked too hard to get to where I am now to bugger it all up.

MP: I like that... angrily motivated. I'll be motivated for the rest of the week now. I don't want to feel like I did today for the rest of the week... and I can't let my BL partner down again this week.

BeachBreeze2010: Thanks for the hug. I needed that.

Theresa2010: Thanks for the reply right off the bat. I started feeling better after I read your post.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 AM   #7  
HMS

S/C/G: 94/85/65 kg

Height: 5'8"

Hi Mollz ....

... You seem very determined and very well organised ..... you definately look like you have a ll the motivation you need to me ....

.... Now you have made me think of tiny teddies ..... hmmm .... the fruit is great at the moment here ... I really love blueberries ....

Take care ...
HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #8  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like you're back on the right track! Keep it up this week!

When I really eat badly, I like to "try" to work out...feeling absolutely awful helps the cravings for more junk.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #9  

Sorry I missed the buttkickin! Here's one for good measure...

squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #10  
Motivated 1/13/2010

S/C/G: 169/ticker/135

Awesome! I am glad I helped.
Teresa2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #11  
Carpe diem

Hey guys...
Thanks for the as.skickings. I really needed them. to everyone who read and who replied.

I may be cheating a little tonight with my red beans and rice (out of a package because that's what Mom sent in the last I-miss-you box). I found some Chorizo sausage at the market that is to die for, but I'm only eating 100 grams (about 3 ounces). So far, I've been on plan and will continue to be on plan for the rest of the week. I've got a BBQ on Friday evening, so will need to be in control, but I'm totally confident that I can be in control. I might grill some chicken breasts with a little BBQ sauce, have salad and a little dessert (depending on what's being offered).

I'm down just over half-a-pound so far this week (week 3 of the BL challenge) and really want to get out of the 84kg mark this week (84.2 so far).

Again, thank you to everyone who read and who replied. I'm so happy that I found 3FC- you guys are terrific.

Last edited by Mollz; 01-21-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #12  
Because I Can

Hey, Mollz, they have tofu chorizo. I haven't tried it, but would be willing because it looks pretty good. Tofu noodles are YUMMY.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #13  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Hang in there, Mollie. I'm extremely frustrated too and I get where you're coming from. We can do this-together!
PS, I love that even your posts sound British.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote