Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default After Baby - this isn't MY body!!

This isn't my body!! Who took my body?! Before having my son, weight loss was "easy", in that I could change one little habit and notice a difference on the scale - even if it was only a five pound loss. Now, forget it. I have to go hard core, b@lls to the wall, scrutinizing everything that goes into my mouth to see a difference!

Anyone else experience the same?

AND at 230 lbs, my belly is already sagging nicely. How is it going to look at 170? I keep saying, as long as I can tuck my saggage into a bikini bottom, then I will be fine...
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You will be surprised how nicely your body comes together if you employ the right combination. In any case, loose skin is WAY more easy to conceal than fat!!!

What methods are you currently employing?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

[QUOTE=Thighs Be Gone;3082625]loose skin is WAY more easy to conceal than fat!!!QUOTE]

GOOD POINT!

Right now, I am working out about 4 times a week... I want to get up to six times. A trainer at my gym has set me up with some strength training exercises. My goal is to do those 3 times a week and then do some sort of cardio three times a week.

Starting next week, I will also be meeting with the trainer at the gym to go over my nutrition. I think it will really help to have someone to be accountable to and it will be nice to have some one on one help with my eating.

I am eating about 1,400 calories a day - sometimes closer to 1,600. I am trying to balance my carbs, protien and fat and get plenty of fiber! I feel like I should go get a degree in nutrition just to understand exactly what I should be putting into my body! The info is overwhelming.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #4  
Multi-tasking is fun

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Height: 5'9

Default Children as "body snatchers"?

SCraver:

I know we all must/should take responsibility for our bodies etc etc (can you hear my nutrition adviser's voice?) but really!

I credit my two children (under 5 yrs) with most of the destruction. I had no idea that my girls could look like this and the lack of sleep/time is wreaking havoc with my usually self-disciplined routine and eating. Like you, my pre-children body didn't take a lot of prodding to get moving in the right direction.

The key things for me were to get off the BCP and to get more sleep. There is solid research now showing that it's almost impossible to lose weight without adequate sleep. I know, easier said than done....

Anyway, I"m just rambling on here. All of which is to say, I feel your pain/frustration!

Best,
B.
BrainBabiesBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, my body has changed a lot after having children. I was in the shape of my life about 4 months post-natal. It can be done. Don't be too hard on that body of yours - it just performed a miracle! I have friends that don't have children and have perfect little bodies (and good for them!) but when I look at mine and see stretch marks, I remember why I got the stretch marks and don't hate them quite so much. Even when I was in rockin' shape with a flat stomach, I still had those stretch marks on my lower abs and some loose skin. You can get there - your body is going through a recovery period. It will rebound and once again perform another miracle - bringing you health!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #6  
Multi-tasking is fun

Default BeachBreeze2010 is so right

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
YDon't be too hard on that body of yours - it just performed a miracle!
ABSOLUTELY!! Our bodies do preform miracles and I wouldn't trade (well, not every day.... ) with my perfect body, childless friends.

B.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #7  
Write It Before I Bite It

S/C/G: 212/166/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBabiesBe View Post
I credit my two children (under 5 yrs) with most of the destruction. I had no idea that my girls could look like this and the lack of sleep/time is wreaking havoc with my usually self-disciplined routine and eating. Like you, my pre-children body didn't take a lot of prodding to get moving in the right direction.
Mine are 5 1/2 and 4 and I agree completely! Though it is definitely easier to eat better and be more disciplined now that they are a little older and more independent.
MotherMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #8  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

That was my body then. This is my body now. Would rather be 34 and struggling physically, than 24 and struggling emotionally. I was hot back then, but my mind was a mess!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'3

I know exactly what you mean. It is sooooo hard after having children. Everything changes, including your body. BrainBabiesBe is dead on when she talks about needing sleep. Getting your rest is sooo important and I know that with little ones this may be difficult! After 18 months, I am just now finding the motivation and energy to do something about my weight. Good luck to you and I hope you find the support you need here...actually, I am sure you will! =)
sockmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #10  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Good points about the sleep! Luckily my husband gets up with our son in the mornings... then on the weekend, we each get a day to sleep in. I go to bed at 10 and get up at about 6:30 or 7. So I have been doing great with the sleep! I don't function well with out it, that is for sure.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #11  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

BrainBabiesBe: I can NOT WAIT to get off BCP. I am going to stop taking it in April/May of 2011. Never to be taken again. Hubby and I will have baby #2. Then hubby will go in for a "little procedure". And it will be glorious!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #12  
Multi-tasking is fun

Default Tmi?

SCraver:

My first thought after giving birth to second/last child: "Thank goodness I never need to do that again" (and it was a good experience: drug free, quick and at home)

My second thought after giving birth to my second: "I wonder if the midwives can perform vasectomies?"

No more BCP definitely has its challenges (I have 16-year old skin and emotions once per month) but I'm sure that being off it has helped me lose the recent three pounds.
(true, I'm not a doctor, but let's just go with that explanation....)

B.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #13  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

I know exactly what you mean! It took 7 months to lose weight from son #1 and 18 months with son #2....school weight is still on me....19 pounds to go to get back to pre-kid weight...of course I have have stretch marks up over my belly button, but after 7 years they have faded a bit...

When I really get sad about the stretch marks, I think of the times my boys hug me and say "I love you, Mommy!" and that makes it so much better...
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/209/170

Height: 5'10

I understand your pain. After three kids my body just isn't the same as before at all.
LoveBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169.5/164.5/145

Height: 5'6"

I feel ya! After my first two kids, all I had to do was up my exercise a little and the weight came off. Now, after the third, it seems I have to actually watch what I eat. What a drag!

BrainBabiesBe: My second two were at home as well.
freethefat is offline   Reply With Quote