Old 01-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #16  
Life is GOOD!!

S/C/G: 155/143/130

Height: 5'5"

Something I started a few years ago. I teach various ages on Wednesday nights and have lots of little Girl Scouts! I buy one box from each one. After I get them, I take them to our local Police Station after Wednesday night group. They are SO happy to get them. Rarely do the night staff get the goodies the day staff gets!
GrEyedRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #17  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Donating is a great idea! I have been worried about the GS cookies, too! I have several friends whose daughters sell them. I love them. I am not a sugar person, but man they get me. My husband wants to get some. He would kill me if I donated his. It will be interesting to see how they make him feel now that he's been eating complex carbs and no chemicals. I need to come up with a plan to avoid these without refusing to support the GS. I am not sure if I trust myself to buy them and donate, though. On the other hand if I give the GS the money and don't get the cookies I might as well advertise my new lifestyle (which I am not ready to do yet.) I will buy and donate and follow my list of reasons not to eat them below.

Reasons not to eat GS Cookies:
1) I want to lose weight today
2) I will feel tired and icky after I eat them
3) It is r-e-a-l-l-y hard to workout when I feel tired and icky
4) They come around every year, skipping this year won't kill me. Once I get to goal, if I want to eat them, I can make that choice. I doubt I will!
5) They are after all, just cookies. I resist cookies every day with no trouble.
6) If I want something sweet and crunchy, I can make a baked apple with cinnamon and granola - way more filling and super yummy!
7) I am worth the sacrifice
8) The sugar is bad for my teeth - I have not always taken care of my hip size, but I have always taken care of my teeth!
9) I will feel great after I resist this and see the weight loss - achieving the success of saying no will propel me with confidence to say no to other things
10) I can put my own desire to lose weight ahead of others' desire to sell cookies. My goals are important and worth sticking to!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote