Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #1  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Default Weighing question

Hi Everyone. I'm not sure where to put this... I've been wondering when is the best time to weigh yourself to get the most accurate weight? I know first thing in the morning is the best one.

Also, does anyone else use a Wii fit? How accurate do you think the scale in it is? A few days ago on the Wii it said I was 177lb, this morning the bathroom scale says 170lb. I didn't make it down to the Wii unfortunately to compare the two. Hubby says I worry to much and make to big of a deal out of things... he doesn't think either one is accurate.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #2  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I weight myself in the morning after the beds made, and my teeth are brushed and such but before I get in the shower. I don't think it matters which scale is more "accurate", I think what matters is using the same scale with the same conditions to weight yourself every-time. For instanc,e I weight without a stitch on and before the shower so I know that clothing and water weight won't affect my data. hope this helps
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

I always try to weigh in the morning. We have 2 scales, but I will only weigh on one so that if the vary, I do not get discouraged. I would pick one to weigh on and use only that one.
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

Hmmm... I guess my biggest problem with the Wii is that I use it at different times in the day. I do like the weight on the bathroom scale better
Old 01-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #5  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

i weight myself in the morning, before breakfast and before I put any clothes on. And it seems to be pretty accurate.

How is the Wii Fit working for you?? I've been thinking about investing in one to help me work out at home but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. I already work out at a gym 4x a week. But the Wii Fit looks like fun! So much more fun than working out next to 10 grunting sweating juice heads. lol
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #6  
Charity

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RienQueNny View Post
So much more fun than working out next to 10 grunting sweating juice heads. lol
Aw! That is my favorite part, haha. I love to people watch when I'm there, and people watching me make me not give up and press harder. I'm sure it's different for everyone though

And, also I weigh myself on the same scale every Monday morning before I eat or shower. Doing it the same way every time is the most accurate, whether it be a Wednesday night or a Monday morning.
cdemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I think the Wii fit is great, it's also a fun way to spend time with family and friends or when you're plain old bored. I love playing the Dance Dance Revolution and our family goes bowling or golfing 2 nights a week!

I also use the Wii board to weigh in and I've been comparing it to my regular scale for almost a month. They both seem stable and they both are always the same...
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #8  
Gotta run!

Ok, then my biggest problem is doing it at different times. I really like the Wii, it's not an intense work out but it is fun and it is something. Theres even 2 "games" a stepping one and one where you run on the spot, where you can actually watch tv an just use the remote to keep track of time. It even talks to you and tells you how much longer you have to go while it records your movements.

I also really like the yoga, when you put it into a routine it moves much more smoothly.