Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Good things about today: worked out this morning, ate healthfully at breakfast and lunch, did the stairs at the hospital when doing my rounds, and drank lots of water.

Bad things about today: just ate the equivalent of about 2 cupcakes while mixing up cupcake batter for my daughter's birthday treats. Oops! To make up for it, I'm going to walk during my daughter's swimming lesson tonight. Damn you, cupcake batter, you are my nemesis!

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Nailed It!

Just wanted to let my support team know that I nailed my presentation last week and was asked to do it again twice this week for encore performances.

Also heard down the wire that a job offer is in the works for Feb (it will be so nice to let go of my contractor status and have health insurance again that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for!)
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Ice Cold

First of all, down 2 pounds in the last couple of days--Yah!!

Second, are any of you freezing? The last couple of weeks (since I have lost this last 4 pounds) I get so chilled when I drink my ice water that I have goosebumps.

The only thing that warms me up is my herbal tea and my oatmeal in the morning. Are any of you experiencing this since you have lost weight?

I truly was fine until about I started losing the last 4 pounds. I just can't seem to get warm.
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

RunningToSmile -- good for you for making a decision to do some extra excersize after the batter. That takes alot of committment! Go you!!

LaughingGirl78 -- congrats on your new job! Woohooo!!! And also congrats on the 2lb weight loss. I am envious I do get cold (but it is really cold here right now). Especially in the mornings. I stopped drinking ice water at work -- it was way too cold. So now I drink water without ice at work. Hmmm....I wonder if being cold burns extra calories because your body is trying to warm itself?

I have been struggling this week. I am an emotional eater so whenever I get stressed out I want to eat. I went and bought some single serving popcorn, I even spritzed some fake butter on it. Ohhhh the things I have to do to keep the crazies at bay. (I call bad food cravings 'the crazies')

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

r- you are just too funny!

laughinggirl- that's great!

Well the weigh in for me is the same this week. But TOM is here so I am hoping that it will be better next week. The only bad thing this week is that I craved carbs like crazy!! And today is my DH b-day so hopefully (weather permitting) we are going out to dinner, alone without kids, so I will probably give myself a little slack for this one meal today. I will just have to hit it a little harder tomorrow!

Hope everyone here keeps up the good work! You guys are great and I love reading what's going on with ya'll. Makes my "crazies" a little easier to deal with!
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #111  

Great job, everyone on your big and little successes! I haven't weighed in for awhile, so I should probably do that soon. Hope you all have a great weekend, and stay warm--in WI, it is -20 windchill.

R
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #112  

R----BRRRR!!! I dont' know if it is that cold here (windchill) but it's cold none the less. Woke up today with 10 degrees outside. I can only dream about warmer weather so I can get outside and hopefully walk the track at the nearest school. SUNSHINE PLEASE!! I will just be glad when all the snow is gone and the mud dries up!! I need to be outside, lol!

I weighed in with my other group this mornign and I am up .4lbs. Which all in all isn't bad since TOM is finally leaving and I had the whole b-day dinner with DH. Now I have another one this week for my neice at a Pizza place....ugh!...

Hope all you ladies have a good week, stay strong!

Hope everyone is doing well, the posts here have gotten pretty slim. Keep working it girls!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #113  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Default Getting Back To Basics

I want to thank everyone for the get well wishes while I was sick. My week long antibiotic treatment ended on Friday and I feel normal again. Yesterday, I went to the gym in the morning. I got a massage and then worked out. It was a very light cardio day since I am just now getting back to my exercise routine. My left ankle is a little sore today so I will most likely skip the jogging and instead do some low impact aerobics until the tenderness goes away.

Josiegrl - I will ask my personal trainer tomorrow about the calorie counting watches and see what she says. I, too, can't wait for warmer weather. Doing laps on an indoor track is mind numbing at times.

LaughingGirl78 - After I lost the first 40 lbs, I have a hard time staying warm. My trainer has often commented on the fact that I always workout in long sleeves. If she only knew that underneath I also have on a t-shirt. Around the house, I will sometimes wear shoes to help keep my feet warm. I'll also wear a hoodie with the hood on when I'm especially chilled. If I'm watching the TV, I will coax Lucy (120 lbs American bulldog) onto the couch so I can warm my feet on her tummy. The fat I have now is useless as insulation. All the more reason to get rid of it.

R - Minus 20 F is wicked cold. I hope you managed to stay warm this past weekend.

Keep up the great work everyone.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #114  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

so I'm finally home from vacation. I got back just in time to celebrate my oldest boys birthday. I did pretty good.. didn't really gain anything but I certainly didn't lose. Now I'm having a really difficult getting back on plan after 2 weeks mostly off. le sigh. Just shoot me?
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #115  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

I met with my personal trainer this morning. She had me do some light strength exercises to gauge my ability after being sick. The good news, the weight I lost while being sick has made it easier to do pull-ups. The bad news, my core is weak and I lost the ability to do sit-ups. Doh! The plan for the next week is to work on light cardio and strengthen my core. I asked her about calorie counting watches. She said they all have a standard deviation and even if they are off by by a couple hundred calories, they are still a good weight loss tool. It is very convenient to track calorie expenditure during the day and then to use that info to plan an exercise routine to keep the body in calorie deficit.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #116  

diabeticZ- thanks. It is nice to know that even if it is off a little then I am still doing good.
I weighed in this morning at 218.4 blech!!! I dont know what is going on with me, Monday I was 217....
Going to add the next level on my BL dvd....think I need the challenge. Hope all is well with you girls. Is there another thread that we are posting on? This one seems to of dwindled down...hope no one gave up!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #117  

Hi Guys, I started a new thread, named Rock Stars, this was getting a little long, but we seem to be losing some people! Hang in there, Rock Stars!

R

I ran 2 miles today and 2 yesterday with the dogs, then another 1.5 mile walk too. Hooray!