Biggest Loser 2010

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay Gals!

Let's get some ideas together for this next challenge. It was nice to have some participation over the Holidays. But we can do better!

What are your ideas for the next challenge? I will gladly keep track of everyone's numbers, but I need YOUR ideas for the following variables.

1. Weigh in day - I like Monday, myself.
    2. Duration of challenge - 12 weeks like the show?
    3. Percentage of body weight or Pounds Lost? - I vote Percentage
    4. Teams, Individuals, or a combination? I like the idea of teams, but I don't think we should "eliminate" anyone. This is for fun!

I would like to start this new challenge ASAP. First weigh in NEXT WEEK!

We can do it!!
  • Count me in! My thoughts:
    1. Weigh in day - Monday's fine by me.
    2. Duration of challenge - 12 weeks like the show is cool too.
    3. Percentage of body weight or Pounds Lost? - Definitely Percentage
    4. Teams, Individuals, or a combination? Maybe we should have both because some folks like to work alone and some like teams. I wouldn't mind being individual but would be willing to be on a team if someone needs a buddy.

My 2 cents worth...
  • I am cool with it all. I am just curious how the "teams" would work...

12 weeks is fine...but can we keep going after that?

I am so freakin excited about the new season starting!!!!
  • mortonpixie ~ Sounds like a plan! I could go either way, teams or alone. I like teams, but if there are others that prefer not to, I respect that also.

I can't wait for the changes that are to come!
  • I love this idea and I'd like to join in!

My weigh in days have always been Sunday, but I guess I could do Monday if that's what everyone wants. Or how about Tuesday, since that's the day the show airs? Just a thought...

I like the idea that the challenge will run for the duration of the show. I can't wait until Tuesday.

I like the percentage idea too!

I like the team thing...I can do individual though as well. Either way is good for me.
  • Quote: Okay Gals!

Let's get some ideas together for this next challenge. It was nice to have some participation over the Holidays. But we can do better!

What are your ideas for the next challenge? I will gladly keep track of everyone's numbers, but I need YOUR ideas for the following variables.

1. Weigh in day - I like Monday, myself.
    2. Duration of challenge - 12 weeks like the show?
    3. Percentage of body weight or Pounds Lost? - I vote Percentage
    4. Teams, Individuals, or a combination? I like the idea of teams, but I don't think we should "eliminate" anyone. This is for fun!

I would like to start this new challenge ASAP. First weigh in NEXT WEEK!

We can do it!!
    Count me in!

1- Weigh in day: I'm a Monday kind of person, and it will help keep me on track during the weekends.

2- I like the idea of 12 weeks, but keep it going if we feel we can do it.

3- Percentage. Most definitely.

4- I like team participation. I don't do alone well, not with weight loss anyway!
  • Awesome!

Well it looks like Mondays are okay with everyone for weigh in.

The first challenge will be 12 weeks with a "Loser" announced at the end. We will go again after that for a new 12 weeks (similar to the show)

Percentage of weight loss it is!

I will start a thread for those that want to work as a team. Post to that if you want to be partnered up and I will just put people together. If you have someone in particular you want to be with, let me know. Since it goes by percentages, it's no big deal for those that don't want to partner up. As a team, you would still be evaluated on percentage lost, but you would work together - it helps me to have someone to "not let down".

Our first weigh in will be Monday January 4th. This will just be a starting weight for everyone. I say anyone can join at any time - okay?
  • oh fun!!! I just turned 30 this month. I look forward to starting Monday.
    Everyone have a fun and safe New Years!!!
  • The thought of being held accountable to contribute to part of a team if both exciting and scary at the same time! lol

I'm totally in, and I think I'll take a partner... might do me some good Thanks for putting this together Mortonpixie! This is going to be fun....

I look forward to this experience with all you gals :P
  • I am in on this one also, I really need this motivation as I can see myself ready to slip and fall if I don't. The holidays really kicked my butt and I need to get motivated again.
  • Happy New Year everyone! If you have room for one more and it's not too late, I'd love to team up with someone. I'm looking for a new challenge for the spring months to keep my motiviation up. Disclaimer -- I'm a slow and steady loser!
  • Whoa is the show really 12 weeks? Seems longer to me but okay

1. Weigh in day - Monday is okay w/ me
    2. Duration of challenge - 12 weeks like the show? okay w/ me
    3. Percentage of body weight or Pounds Lost? % is okay
    4. Teams, Individuals, or a combination? I think if we have enough we can certainly do teams, motivate each other 'n all that good stuff
  • Me too?
    1. Weigh in day - Monday fine
    2. Duration of challenge - 12 weeks fine
    3. Percentage fine
    4. I can do team or individual but I'm a steady-on kinda gal (i.e., my goal is 3-4 pounds per month).

And could someone please tell me what "show" you are talking about? (yes, I live in a cave)

B.
  • Will you track percentages? I hope so-math and Amy don't mix!
  • Quote: Count me in!

1- Weigh in day: I'm a Monday kind of person, and it will help keep me on track during the weekends.

2- I like the idea of 12 weeks, but keep it going if we feel we can do it.

3- Percentage. Most definitely.

4- I like team participation. I don't do alone well, not with weight loss anyway!
    I just quoted you because I feel the same way!