3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/187308-30-somethings-december-chat.html)

AFChick 12-16-2009 11:24 PM

MP: I'll be weighing in tomorrow...hopefully it's back down from today's up weight. Sounds like the cookies are being a real pain. I try to avoid them because I can never eat just one. I've been known to throw stuff away because the only place I absolutely won't cheat from is the trash can... :) . Hopefully you can do better than me.

sbinkerd1: Congrats on the loss! That's great!

Sounds like alot of folks are under the weather. Get some rest and take your vitamins. I will say a prayer for everyone to feel better soon.

Have a great night!

Bigknitter 12-17-2009 08:11 AM

I haven't had much time to get in here so I'm trying to catch up with everything.

Jenn I'm sorry you're not feeling good, that really stinks :( I hope it looks up soon.

MP at least you stopped at 2 cookies! And that isn't really all that bad I don't think. For me it could have been A LOT worse :lol:

sbinknerd way to go! You are so close to your goal, that is great!!

I've been having a pretty good week, I finally dragged myself outside yesterday for a 2 mile run and it was really nice. It was cold though, 40 degrees here and I realized I don't have the right gear to be running outside all winter so I did a little shopping for some base layers and a cute top. It so goes against my grain but I've been waiting to shower until I work out, sometimes that is as late as 2 pm. Somehow it is working though, and I'm getting some exercise in every day. Anyway!

I hope everyone sees that I made a thread just for Biggest Loser weigh ins :)

squeak351 12-17-2009 09:47 AM

Maintaining is a good plan for the Holiday season. I am still dealing with the massive gain from the steriods and I don't want to maintain but loose.
DD is still having headaches and goes back to the ENT next Tuesday. FIL is up and walking but still not the same person he was before the stroke. Not much else to report.
Tomorrow we are out of school for Christmas break. We are dismissed at 10 am. I am not sure why they make us work for 2 hours. Silly.. i am not taking DD to school. It will make my day go much smoother. Nothing worse than a pre-teen in the mornings! lol I am gonna leave her in the bed and have a peaceful morning for once.

Ya'll have a great day and keep up the great work.

AFChick 12-17-2009 10:25 AM

The scale was bad to me again this morning...I think it's hormones...I will just keep on with my plan and maybe step up the workouts a bit to get out of this slump. 190 seems to be a big wall for me. The last time I lost weight, I got to 190 and then stuck there before rebounding. I'm going to break through it this time. I thought I had a couple of days ago when I hit 189, but it didn't stick. If I keep going though, my body has to cooperate at some point, because I control it's food supply...:D .

My kids have school next week on Monday. I'm sure they will get a whole lot done with all the kids having Christmas-itis :), but it gives me an extra day to get my Christmas crafting finished. I'm making alot of gifts and their not done yet...so I took the whole week off even though they have school Monday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

mortonpixie 12-17-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFChick (Post 3051105)
I'm going to break through it this time. I thought I had a couple of days ago when I hit 189, but it didn't stick. If I keep going though, my body has to cooperate at some point, because I control it's food supply...:D .

I like your attitude! I hate "hovering" around one certain number. I don't normally count the tenths of a pound that show on the scale and try to focus on whole numbers. :p

I just want to say how absolutely blessed I am to have this board. You all are SUCH an encouragement to me. I am at home with kids all day and having you all to "chat" with helps. Sometimes when you are alone, you eat just because no one can see you. I know that if I participate here, someone can 'see' me. ;)

:hug:

lauralyn 12-17-2009 11:51 AM

Ugh, I want to break 150 so badly before Christmas but today I weighed in at 152. Well, there is always next Thursday, maybe that will be my Christmas present to myself! ;)

SamanthaJubilee 12-17-2009 11:58 AM

Well GOOOOD Morning!

I weighed in for the 30's BL Challenge...down 3 lbs!
I'm proud of myself. I've stayed under 1700 calories each day. I worked out Monday. Went to the gym Tuesday night :carrot: (thanks to my boyfriend) and last night I played Bunko (which we are VERY active at!) ;).
I was bad this morning and stopped at McD's for a sausage egg & cheese biscuit. It was SOOO good :devil:, but I felt bad afterwards cause I know it was far to many calories. :(
I will just have to watch what I eat today and make darn sure I get some exercise in tonight.
I have been fighting the demons :devil: that keep telling me to eat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies & all that bad stuff. It is just sooo hard not to follow that voice! :mad:

shrewkate 12-17-2009 12:45 PM

*Waves* Heya. Sorry for quiet -- I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Would that this were true, I'd have not eaten for a bit and had a better 30-something TBL report for this week.

Good thing I've got NSV of work (broke the 60% mark on thesis! Yay!), otherwise I'd be horribly, horribly bummed.

H8 TOM.

H8 TOS (time of Semester)

Mind -- it -is- the holidays. If I get out of them without gaining, I won't be too bummed.

Must now go find hamster wheel and get back on it. In lieu of wheel, pls to accept comp & book.

:comp::book2:

bensempress 12-17-2009 01:57 PM

Just think, the holidays will be in the past and we'll be able to focus more on our goals in just a few weeks lol... the Thanksgiving and Christmas season is pretty darn long!

SamanthaJubilee 12-17-2009 03:23 PM

Ugh...somethings gotta give. I'm sitting here trying to work and all I can think about is eating some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. :mad:

Bigknitter 12-18-2009 12:00 PM

So I made cookies on Tuesday for my dd's school friends, took the remainder to my knitting group later on except for 3 of them. One is broken so I don't eat it :lol: The other two are still sitting in a basket. I think about eating one every day but I just never end up actually doing it. I'm pretty sure that I won't eat them, so I'm wondering if I should just toss them or keep them around to see how long I will resist them. I just think it's funny that I have thought about it every single day but never go and get one. Two weeks ago I would have eaten all three and then some in one night!

We are heading out of town tomorrow for an overnight getaway, there will be some alcohol involved and maybe one dinner out but I'm going to do my best to not eat total crap and not have too many drinks. I'm still hanging out around 149 and I want to keep it that way! I'm going to do my 'regular' weigh-in tomorrow instead of Sunday so that I don't have to see a gain if one happens. Too depressing :lol:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

AFChick 12-18-2009 12:00 PM

I had a happier day yesterday afternoon. I had to take a "practice" fitness test for my job. Since I had lost 1.5 inches in my waist (giving me an extra 9 points yay!), and I always max out push-up and sit-ups, I needed 40 points (out of 50) on the 1.5 mile run. Based on my age, I had to run it in 14:24 to get that. I ran it in 14:25...meaning I missed a passing score by 1 second! :mad: UGH!!!! :mad: That part stunk, but since it was a practice, there were no negative consequences. But the good part was that I know I'm so close to being able to pass, that I can see the light! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I don't have to test for real until the end of January, so I should be able to knock it out of the park if I keep up what I'm doing until then.

I smiled all last night! :D:D:D:D

Bigknitter 12-18-2009 12:10 PM

AFChick that is awesome!! You rock :)

Violin Jenn 12-19-2009 11:44 AM

Hi Ladies! :wave:

Well today was once again weigh in day. l lost .4lb, so it's not what I would have liked but after losing so much the last two weeks and having not felt well I'll take it. A loss is a loss and puts me that much closer to better health!

I took an extra rest day yesterday, took my car to the mechanics after work panicked that I had a major leak, but was blessed they found nothing! After that I hit the Super Wal-Mart across the way for a few basic groceries to get me through the weekend. It was a zoo! LOL! Here in the Philadelphia area we are currently experiencing a snow storm. The I95 corridor near Philadelphia(where I live) is expecting 15"-25" of snow by 6am tomorrow! YAY!! I love snow on the weekends cause I don't have to drive in it. Bonus-shoveling out my parking spot at my apt complex is a bonus workout!!!

Thankfully, I am feeling much better!! I went to bed early last night and slept in as long as my dog would let me and feel great!!!

Have a good one!

sbinkerd1 12-20-2009 07:07 PM

so on wednesday (my Friday), I decided that I had been really good lately and wanted to cheat a little. I had a 6 pack of beer. Long story short. I gained back 4 pounds over night, and have been working to get rid of them since. I will not do that again! well at least till I make to maintenance weight.