Old 12-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #61  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

MP - I would like to give that parent a good talkin' to! That frustrates the crap outta me.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #62  
On my way to a size 10!

Christmas shopping - I got started this past weekend. Got a pretty good chunk of it done. We have to go tonight to get the few things they will need for school parties & maybe pick up a few "last minute" side gifts for special friends.
I only buy for MY children and maybe spending a little on the boyfriend.
If I get something for family/friends...I try to make it a hand made or home baked gift.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

It's going to be -12 degrees actual temp tonight... I wonder if wind chill will show up to the party too...
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Mortonpixie...
Wow that poor little baby!! I'm no expert, but I myself would report his situation to Child Services. I'd think, that you as his daycare provider, would have leverage and a lot of credibility with them. It sounds like neglect to me. I feel for him and will say a prayer his mother gets some sense knocked into her.

Today is my rest day. I need it, my knees are killing me. I did Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism both Friday and Saturday!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #65  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Ok, so maybe my goal for this Christmas season needs to be maintaining. I simply cannot seem to get control over this. ARGH. Yes I do realize it's *ME* but what do I do when "me" doesn't care every now & then. *sigh*
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

I got my exercising in today and it felt great! I walk on the treadmill and I've been doing it on and off for about 12 weeks now. My eating today has also been good, not great, but good. So I'm feeling like I had a good day.

Bigknitter- Wow, a half-marathon? VeryVery good!

SamanthaJubilee- Your schedule does sound very packed, one idea that came to mind is that maybe you could try doing shorter bouts of high intensity exercise, so that it takes up less time but still is burning a lot of caloires. I saw something about this on Dr. Oz I think it was.

Close2myheart- I think you have a very reasonable idea about Christmas and maintaining. It's a really hard time of year for everyone. In the grand scheme of things thinking of maintaining sounds very realistic.
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #67  
On my way to a size 10!

junkatarian - I thought about trying that, but in my situation it wouldn't be a very good idea. Tooooooo much to type out, but I have a thing about being clean. I will figure something out...I hope!

I did do well yesterday. Stayed under 1750 calories & did this yogo program on my cable service (OnDemand). It was a cardio based yogo. Kinda went by a little too fast for a beginner. I had to rewind it a few times, cause she was way up there and I was 5 movements back. lol
I liked it, but right now I think I would just prefer to get on the treadmill and walk 3+ miles or get on the eliptical. I need to find a way to get to the gym!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #68  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Junkatarian - WTG Girl!! One day at a time, get that exercise in. Just for today!

Cloe2myHeart - I agree. Having a goal to not overindulge and to maintain is wonderful. We do what we can, when we can. Besides, who needs more pressure this time of year??

Jenn - you are my idol! I love that you get your exercise in at home on DVD. It really keeps it fresh and there are no excuses, huh? You are literally the Incredible Shrinking Woman on these boards.

Samantha - I'm proud of you for trying the cardio yoga. That sounds hard! Any movement is good movement, right?

Well, DC Baby came dressed better today. The actual temp here is -6. She had him in long sleeves and socks. Still no hat, but he was in a zippered bunting. I mentioned to her last night at pick-up time that since we play on the floor, he might get chilly in what he was wearing yesterday. I think she cares, she just needs a little push (cattle prod!).

We have cookies in the house! Our Church AWANA Christmas party is tomorrow night. Each family is to bring a dozen cookies. So...instead of baking my own (eating raw cookie dough, making more than a dozen) I bought a dozen from the store. I think overall it's a better choice for my diet. Though the cookies came in packages of TEN! So I had to buy TWO!! I handed out 3 of them for snack time and am just reminding myself that it's 120 cals of NO GOOD.

DH is off on Tuesdays, so it's running to dentist appointments and such. Our neighbor invited our school aged kids to be a part of her "Home Schooler Christmas Party". They are going to make gingerbread houses! All I'm doing is supplying drinks - I am so grateful to her for her support with the home schooling thing. It's tough sometimes and I'm very new at it as this is our first year.

Enough out of me!!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 12-15-2009 at 10:33 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #69  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Sounds like everyone is working hard on exercise! Great job! Keep it up! It's hard this time of year. I just keep reminding myself that the average American gains 10 pounds over the holidays. If I just maintain, I'm doing much better than average...if I lose anything, I'm doing awesome. You are all doing awesome too...you are doing good things for you and your body. Your body will thank you later when you avoid the weight related diseases later in life!

SamanthaJubilee - I don't have enough time to shower at lunch either. I go for a relatively long, slow walk. Not enough to break a sweat, but I still burn a couple of hundred calories and don't go out to eat for lunch. I do my hard workouts after work. I also just made small changes to my day. If I need to ask someone something, I go talk to them instead of sending an email 100 yards away. I also started walking to the restroom at the other end of the building instead of the one by my desk. Every little bit helps. Even just 200 calories, 5 days a week is an extra pound lost per month.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by AFChick; 12-15-2009 at 10:49 AM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Jenn is my hero! Big loss and finished shopping today. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, girl!!

I did treat myself over the weekend, but not a mani-pedi(i'm a nail and cuticle biter and bare feet and toes just give me the willies).

I did buy myself 2 new cd's (music makes up 50% of my life force) over the last two weekends though. Shakira's new one She Wolf (loving this cd) and Lady Gaga (a double cd of her debut and the newest release) both are excellent for working out! Can't wait till spring when I can get outdoors again and rollerblade and jog to them!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 12-15-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #71  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

The scale depressed me this morning...it said I gained 2 of the 2.2 pounds I lost yesterday.... . Oh well, I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, but WII fit gripes at me if I don't . OK, I'm cheering myself back up...it's good to vent. This site is great for that.

Enough about me, how's everyone else today?
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 198/202/155

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for your encouragement and support! I got in some exercising again today. If I can really stick with this for the long haul it will be such a good thing for my health. I hope so!

Mortonpixie - Good for you with making smart choices with the cookies! Cookies are a weakness of mine, baking cookies would do me in too.

AFChick - Yeah my scale can do that too - say a I lost one day and the next say I'm way more. And I noticied a couple times when it was up I would start feeling down and then that would lead to a sense of frustration, then overeating. So I really avoid weighing myself frequently. Can you maybe weigh yourself cause you have to for the WII fit, but not look at the actual number? Just an idea.
junkatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

Down to 233 pounds this morning. 2 more pounds to go to the first mini goal and 25% of my total weight loss goal.
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #74  

Hi Ladies,

Think I'm getting a cold. Itchy scratchy eyes, runny nose, achy sinus', lethargy. Going to bed early tonight and hopefully some rest will help. I'll still keep working out as long as I can cause I heard it actually helps to fight off illnesses. But the minute I feel like total crap-o-la I'm taking an extra rest day.

Have a good one!!

Jenn
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #75  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

junkatarian - good job, girl. One day of exercise at a time.
sbinkerd - awesome, dood!! I'm proud of ya!!
Jenn - sorry you are run down. Darned old winter anyway. Your smart to keep up your routine.

I ended up eating 2 of those blasted cookies yesterday. Had to open up one package of 10 to give some to the kids (we only needed a dozen and drat, some of them can count!) So while they were open, I had one...then another. Sugar just opens that door for me! Boo.

So this morning, I put them all on a decorative plate and wrapped them with seran and stuck them in the fridge. I've been feeling a little crazy this week, so I just needed to get them out of sight.

Hoping for exercise tomorrow. Last night I went to be at 9 - feeling like Jenn, just itchy, scratchy, cold like. Tonight we had the kids Christmas party at church. Definitely tomorrow night.

Who all's weighing in on our Biggest Loser thread tomorrow?
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote