3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 11/06 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/185952-30-somethings-daily-chat-t-g-i-f-11-06-a.html)

Wifey 11-06-2009 10:10 AM

30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 11/06

Mornin' ladies! :wave:

It's certainly a huge T.G.I.F. for me today! DH came home late last night and we only got about 5 hrs of sleep before we had to get up for work this morning...I was 45 mins late but my coworkers anticipated that.

He had a really good time but now he's sick with a really bad cold. He picked it up from some people he was hanging out with.

The funniest thing is that he's a really nice golden brown colour...I told him he looked like a big yummy cookie! :rofl: Gawd, can you tell I'm :tired:! :rofl:

I'm looking forward to relaxing with him this weekend...we're going to a hockey game with his sister and our BIL. I'm hoping he feels well enough to have a date night tonight...;)

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!:hug: I'm going to try to relax and definitely need to do some french studying! :o

AFChick 11-06-2009 10:23 AM

Morning everyone!
I'm soooo glad it's Friday. The weekends just don't seem long enough to catch up on everything though. My sons have 2 birthday parties :hat: to attend tomorrow, so we have to shop for them tonight and we'll probably not get anything else done tomorrow. :dizzy: I also have to say no to all the cake people will offer:tape:. Pray for my will power....

Have a great weekend!
Jen

mortonpixie 11-06-2009 11:53 AM

Wifey - glad DH made it home okay - a big cookie...lol. :D You ARE punchy!
AFChick - ugh...kiddo's b-day parties. Are you dropping and dashing? I love it when the kids get old enough to do that. ;)

As if the baby getting up all night isn't enough - our 7yo DD made it to the kitchen about midnight before she lost it all over. Then DH did the same while trying to clean it up.:barf: Honestly...after that it was either the 5mo or the 7yo crying. I am an insane person today. I did NOT make it up to exercise this morning...I don't have the energy to keep my eyes open, much less walk 3 miles.

One of my DC kids mom's came to the door and saw our DD was ill and turned around and told me she wasn't leaving her baby here today. Fine...but she owes me $140 bucks! I have to email her...she's FOREVAH a late payer. I think she wanted an excuse to miss work today.

Went to the chiro today - things are not getting better. He has a massage therapist that offered to give me an hour massage on Wednesday for $30 to try to help me. I am just SO tense between no sleep, the daycare, sick kids, our house repairs, loans and credit card issues, my Mom leaning on me, my sister being ill (and not to nice either)...GAAAAHHHH...

Sorry chicks, but I'm ordering pizza for lunch and praying to God that I get a nap today. :dizzy:

lots2go 11-06-2009 12:27 PM

Hey guys...I'm Rebecca, kinda new here, not really new to 3FC but new to the 30s ;) I turned 30 almost a month ago, and just got serious again this week abt weight loss. I have 4 kids who are 6mo, 2, 4, and 6 (b,g,b,g) between my last 2 I lost about 40lbs using 3FC and Atkins...then I got pg and we all know what happens then lol, I ate everything in the house and gained everything back plus some. Anywho......

TGIF! I have got to get caught up on some laundry at some point, not to mention the clutter in this nasty house. But it's so pretty outside, I want to spend tomorrow at the park w/ the kiddos since there's no soccer games.

Good to meet you and I really hope to get to know you soon!

Mango30 11-06-2009 01:12 PM

I had the worst day yesterday. At noon, I took a co worker to the airport and on my way back my best friend texted me "at dads house, hes on the floor dead." So I drove over there expecting it to be some sick joke but when I got inside my friend was screaming and crying on the phone to dispatch at the police station and they were sending over an officer. Her dad had passed away sometime in the night, probably from a stroke. So I spent all day yesterday just being there and making sure things were getting done correctly. We live remotly, so the body has to be sent via air freight to Anchorage to the medical examiner and then to the mortuary. I think we have things set up at least as far as that goes.
Food was, eh, yesterday. Didn't really eat much, but drank a lot of tequila. Ick. Just thinking about it today kinda makes me want to suck a lime to get the taste of tequila out of my memory.

lots2go 11-06-2009 01:50 PM

I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine how hard that must have been!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mango30 (Post 3003500)
I had the worst day yesterday. At noon, I took a co worker to the airport and on my way back my best friend texted me "at dads house, hes on the floor dead." So I drove over there expecting it to be some sick joke but when I got inside my friend was screaming and crying on the phone to dispatch at the police station and they were sending over an officer. Her dad had passed away sometime in the night, probably from a stroke. So I spent all day yesterday just being there and making sure things were getting done correctly. We live remotly, so the body has to be sent via air freight to Anchorage to the medical examiner and then to the mortuary. I think we have things set up at least as far as that goes.
Food was, eh, yesterday. Didn't really eat much, but drank a lot of tequila. Ick. Just thinking about it today kinda makes me want to suck a lime to get the taste of tequila out of my memory.

AFChick 11-06-2009 03:25 PM

Nope, they're not drop off birthday parties...have to stay and face the cake...Ugh!

Mango: So sorry to hear about your friend's father. I wouldn't have had a good food day either. Remember, today is a new food day...

I just had a minor victory...I went to a coworker's retirement (think cake and finger foods...). I went, wished him well, and left without going near the cake (yay, me! :carrot:) and came back to my desk to eat my carrots. It's a small victory, but gives me hope I can walk away from the cake tomorrow at the B-Day Parties.