30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday 10/29

• Wow - where the heck did October go? Saturday is Halloween - how is everyone dealing with that temptation? It's not so bad for me 'cuz we don't participate. We did go to a Fall Festival at church and they handed out bags of candy to the kids. Why?? I don't get it.

Yesterday I passed up the usual Wednesday night DQ treat and went clearance shopping at Shopko instead. I found 3 shirts for $3/ea and a pair of slack I desperately needed for $20. The slacks I wasn't overly impressed with the price, but I have found that at this weight (and this age!) I'm rather picky.

This is a relatively easy week this week - I only have my kids and one daycare kid. It's so dreary outside, we are going to have to get creative to stay busy today. This afternoon, we all are getting the flu shot. We all get it every year. I know some don't ever get it, but we do.

That's about it for me. How's everyone else?
  • Morton Pixie - hope the kids do not give you much flu shot trouble! I was turned down for one, because they are limited and I don't fall into the high risk category. However, my son and my husband both got one. hrmph.

My husband and I are throwing a Halloween party for our friends this Saturday. Lots of baking in store for the next few days. I'm hoping I can pawn off all the leftovers to our guests. We did not specify if people needed to wear a costume for our party and assumed most folks just leave that up to their kids. Last night we ran into one of our guests buying a costume for the party!! I called up a few more invited guests who also said they would be coming in costume. Oops! Now I think I should have a costume too! It would look silly for everyone to have a costume except the host and hostess!

Is the Extremely Busy Mom and Housewife costume already taken??
  • I ended up having to work till 7pm last night so I didn't make it to cardio. I didn't get my son to bed till almost 9pm! His bed time is 7:30. He was very difficult this morning. Good luck to his teacher.

We have visiting providers here at our clinic seeing patients so things are a bit chaotic. I came in early so I could get a jump on the day. Yesterday I screwed up a bunch of data entry stuff and have to go back and re enter it today....blah. Anybody looking for a job? I'm hiring!

I'm going to have to go home for lunch, otherwise I'll be eating leftover pizza here at the office and I'd rather not undo a weeks worth of cardio.
  • kay - sounds like you already have your costume on! Aren't we a scary lot!!

Mango - sounds like you had a long day today, hope you get some rest tonight.

Well, I have my stuff all ready so I can get up and walk in the morning. 30DS is just to difficult on my knees and back right now - jumping jacks, and jump roping...thought it would get better, stuck it out for 2 weeks, but I'm hurting still. Gonna get my walk on in the morning instead.