30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 10/16

• Mornin' ladies!

I am beyond ...haven't gotten my butt back to the gym yet...have been snacking on movie popcorn all week and my french class is torture.

I have had NO energy and NO willpower in the last two weeks...I really need to sleep!

It's Friday! I can muster one and that's about it...

How's everyone doing? I've been so M.I.A. lately and have no idea what's been going on with everybody!
  • Wifey, I think that EVERYONE is tired lately! I skipped the Shred and my walk again this morning, but at least I've been keeping my food on track. As long as BOTH things don't fail at once I think I have a few days to get my motivation back...

I tried on a bunch of clothes last night to see what was fitting and I'm definitely fitting into some but not all of my size 12 stuff. I finally look great in all my size 14 summer shorts and stuff, so I was wondering if we could have a summer "re-do" so I had a change to wear it all? Anyone with me?

Today is kind of crazy. I have yoga, a conference call, and I didn't really have a chance to get anything for lunch so I'm going to have to figure something out... Tonight, though, we're going to a Haunted Forest thing. Apparently it has scares like a haunted house but it's all out in the middle of the woods. Spooky!

I had a loss this week at my Friday weigh in, so I'm still chugging away. I keep waiting for the plateau to hit but I've been VERY fortunate that it hasn't yet. Now I just have to worry about trying not to gain in Vegas which is going to be TOUGH! I've done vacations successfully before, but not when it's a whole week AND the primary focus of half of every day is gourmet restaurants and amazing buffets...

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!
  • TGIF...

And the good news is : I think I've caught a sinusitis

¬¬
  • Hey Wifey! Been wondering where you've been! Sounds like it's time to get back on the horse...you know you'll feel better!

Rebound - I'm with you on the summer re-do. Here in NE we seem to have skipped Autumn all together and moved right on to Winter, wahhhh!!

Willa - yuck. You probably have tried it - but my NetiPot is a huge lifesaver with sinus trouble.

Well, I made a commitment to limit sugar starting starting today. I had oatmeal for breakfast with no maple syrup or brown suger (), lowfat string cheese for a snack and we're having pasta (should be whole wheat but I only have white right not) with veggies, olive oil and parmesean toss for lunch.

Did Jillian's 30 Day Shred. In the first 10 minutes my 2 year old dropped a 1lb weight on her toe - I realized I am WAY to busty to do jumping jacks without a sports bra - got Sue calmed down and then hit her in the face while doing the second set of jumping jacks. Girls I am SO out of shape... but I'm committed - that's a start.
  • I hope you all don't mind me just jumping in! My bf is off to Whistler for a work thing until Thursday and I was SO looking forward to the time alone, mostly so I could get off carbs! I basically look at bread and gain, and he likes to make dinner involving breads/pastas. So one week off that and the cravings should be gone. Or that was my plan, until I got the flu! All I've been able to manage is bread and crackers, everything makes my tummy turn! Phew - I am long winded I am starting to feel really good today, so tomorrow I will be cutting all that stuff out! Today I am chopping veggies!

Wifey - Yikes! I hate not being able to sleep! Why haven't you been able to sleep? Hopefully you can get some sleep and feel more energized! I have been known to have an energy drink and Vitamin B on mornings I am too tired to move!

Rebound - The haunted woods thing does sound scary! I also second the redo of summer, I only went to the beach 3 times! I looove the beach! I haven't been to Las Vegas but my friend went last year and she ate until she was sick.. I didn't know this was possible until her!

willa - Ouch, sorry to hear about that! My bf's mom had something similar - unfortunately for her she lives in BC and then caught H1N1 - so make sure you take care of yourself! They are saying everyone in BC who gets the flu is getting H1N1, thats just too crazy!!

-Aimee
  • Good Afternoon Lovelies!
    Wifey- Thx for the woo-hoo! One is better than none!
    Rebound- Yes I want another summer rather than the one week of 30+ in September we got here in Saskatchewan.
    Willa- sinusitis is the devil. I hope the weekend gets better for you!
    Mortonpixie - I tried to stay away from sugar in my coffee this week and so far--so good! I admire your staying away from maple syrup. I'd find it really hard to do that.
    Swimgirl...my fellow Canuck! I hope the weekend brings you better health and an aversion to bread.

As for me, I am starting my graduate work this semester and teaching full time. As such I am needing to write a paper that is due for the 28th. Busy weekend ahead! i've managed to make it to the gym all week, and it took nothing other than being organized, so I'll try againg next week.
    I hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend!
    Tam
  • I need a week off from my week off. I had to come into work this morning to do payroll. I'm the most popular girl in the office today so coming in is worth it. I'm madly cleaning my house and getting ready for a Saturday night slumber party with boys. eeeeck. This weekend will not be restful.
    I got my indoor garden ready to plant, I'm heading over to my dads house this afternoon to pick out seeds. My dad built me a huge troth that is 8 feet long and fits in my dinning room window that I can grow salad greens and shallow root veggies in all winter. I call it my salad bar. I'm also going to try and grow tomatos inside this winter. I hate spending too much money on crappy veggies at the store here.
    Hope everybody has a great weekend!
  • Thank you everyone

I never tried NetiPot before... I will look for that

They are beginning to make me go crazy with the swine flu... ¬¬
    Right now they are thinking about opening clinics for people who have flu only, this way they wont contaminate others!
  • Tam - good luck with the paper writing! We are experiencing similar weather - my first winter in the prairies!

Mango - I like the salad bar thing! Very funny to picture too!

willa - When my MIL had it she said it was like a head cold/flu. She was over it within a week. I like your Samantha picture, I've been watching SATC on cosmo tv lately, I just saw that episode!

-Aimee