Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default What plans do you have after wt. loss?

Ladies, I am wondering if anyone else has any plans that they are holding off doing now because of their weight. So what do you plan to do after you get the weight off?

Me.. I am going to SHOP!! I have been avoiding buying clothes for so long. I see the cutesy clothes and think they would awful on me with all the bulging so I AVOID buying for me and concentrate on my DD.

Something major.. I want to have a tummy tuck once I reach a certain weight. I have a weird roll that is way up high and rolls over my pants. Even without pants on it rolls and hangs. Yuck.. I can't even suck it in. It causes me so mush distress. I feel like that is all anyone ever sees is my fat roll.

Another thing I want to do is have NO FEAR of not fitting into a amusement park or go cart seat. So embrassing when they get the extender.

I also generally want to be healthier which I think will make me feel happier and boast my self esteem. Who wouldn't feel better with a tummy tuck and whole new wardrobe, eh? lol

Those are my plans.... how about you?
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I don't want to sound twee but what I'm going to do is keep doing what I'm doing now. Reason is, I lost over 100lbs before and stopped trying, so came back here over 80lbs heavier. My treat and promise to myself is to keep going this time!

And go shopping.

And learn belly dancing.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 311/285.2/135

Height: 5'8"

squeak351 you had a couple of mine... shopping for clothes and an amusement park. I don't even think about going to amusement parks now. Back when I was just a little overweight I went to one and noticed a large man trying to get on the rollercoaster. He was too big for the safety bar to be lowered and had to get back off. People started screaming "Too fat!!" and things like that at him. Now that I am the bigger person, I won't even try it until I am down to the low 200s.

Also I want to fly somewhere without trying to squish myself with the seatbelt so I don't have to ask for an extender.
Qualera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

My DH and I are going to TTC in July, so I want to be down to my first goal by then. So, my shopping trip may be for maternity clothes and baby items...but I'm okay with that!

Eventually, my goal is to buy myself my first bikini and feel comfortable wearing it. That won't be until I hit my ULTIMATE goal of about 150-160.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
I don't want to sound twee but what I'm going to do is keep doing what I'm doing now. Reason is, I lost over 100lbs before and stopped trying, so came back here over 80lbs heavier. My treat and promise to myself is to keep going this time!

And go shopping.

And learn belly dancing.

yes, this. Though I didn't lose 100, I lost 60. I got cocky after a couple of years and here I am again...

but I have to say, I'm learning belly dancing NOW at this weight and it's so much fun. I'm going to KEEP learning new things that I always said I would try but haven't dared yet... life is too short, I want to LIVE it!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #6  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

clothes shopping!
to make sure the loser that dumped me sees me,and I won't give him a second look!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

That is a really good question squeak. I've never thought about it before.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #8  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

I'm ready to do EVERYTHING! I've been overweight my entire life, and I am ready to live it. I want to go mountain biking and hiking with my sweetie, take my dogs for long walks, go roller skating without wondering if my knee is going to give out on me and everything in between.

I've never allowed myself to even dream of these things and I think that is why I have failed in the past. I'm ready to succeed and enjoy the rest of my life!
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
to make sure the loser that dumped me sees me,and I won't give him a second look!
Yes! I couldn't have said it any better.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #10  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

Shopping is first on the agenda.
I rarely buy clothes. In fact, i havent had a shopping trip in 4 years because i dont think anything looks right on me. And the clothes i do like sometimes only come in smaller sizes.

Dating is second on the agenda.
I never really bothered with this because i didnt think anyone would be interested in me. All my 'skinny' friends all had boyfriends and i was always the single one and after a while, even when i started get offers for dates, i still wouldnt go on dates coz i had allowed myself to believe noone really wanted me.

Maintaining is ofcourse also on the agenda.
Im fighting hard to get to my goal and i never want to be back here again. Ive struggled with my weight for too long and dont want to struggle with it for the next 22 years either! lol
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #11  

Clothes shopping for things that are cute and feminine is one of mine too.

I have been at home with the kids for a decade but I've spent this time keeping up my skills and abilities knowing I'd have to/ want to go back to work someday. One of my best skills is public speaking and teaching. I'm well trained and I've carefully cultivated that talent. I want to use it to teach public education classes in my field which, for the way I plan to achieve it, will require occasional appearances on a local tv show. I'm laying the foundation for all of that now but a big part of feeling confident to do it will be looking the part.

Wow. I haven't even shared that secret desire with my spouse. Speaking of which, there are some great things I have planned for HIM too when I'm thiner. And that's all I'm going to say about that!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #12  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Clothes shopping, ballroom dancing, and maybe become a personal trainer.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I've vowed not to put any part of my life on hold for weight loss - only allowing the fat to prevent me from doing things it physically prevents me from doing, not mentally or socially. So I don't have any "after weight loss" plans, only some "when I can physically accomplish it" plans.

The only one that absolutely requires a specific amount of weight loss to accomplish is horseback riding. Mainly because horses have weight limits, and I've read that a horse shouldn't be made to carry more than 20 to 25 percent of it's weight. Which means to ride now, I'd need a large draft horse. I'd also have to strengthen my back and legs and improve my balance. There's no guarantee that losing weight will reverse all of my health issies, so I may never be healthy enough to ride, but it is my one "when I lose weight," dream.

Last edited by kaplods; 06-01-2009 at 12:59 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #14  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Well, I don't need to shop -- I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars of clothes that don't fit me any more that I'll be able to wear again.

When I lose the weight this time I want to be in a better place emotionally where I can maintain without losing my focus.

But I do think that I'll buy a few new things And go on a vacation somewhere where I can wear a nice little two-piece and get some sun on my pale pale Wisconsin skin!

Last edited by Rebound; 06-10-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #15  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

My plans for my life when I get to my goal weight:
Maintain my new body!
Become a personal trainer
Work on becoming a life coach/fitness coach
When I have maintained for 1 year...I will get my tummy tuck. After 3 kids I have a kangaroo pouch & it's GOT TO GO!

I'm just afraid that due to my skin being stretched (with stretch marks) that even when I lose the weight that I'm not going to look good in a swimsuit.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote