Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Monday 8/17

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!

Happy Monday to ya. I'm waiting on my kiddos to arrive this morning - thought I'd start our daily chat. I just have one 3mo to add to my crew today (hopefully both babies sleep alot today! ) S'posed to rain here most of the day - but have a library trip planned for the kids after dc baby leaves at 4.

Weighed this morning and finally saw a change! Only .6 of a pound - but a change nonetheless. I did have a couple of non-scale victories this weekend. Yesterday we had doughnuts for our Sunday School class and I passed. Also, I bought a pizza for the kids from Sam's Club last night (wasn't in the mood for cookin'!) I cut it in to 12 slices and only had one with an apple on the side. Yay!

I did spend the rest of my points on some yummy Cheetos Puffs (why do I like those?!) but I stilled stayed on plan - hooray!

Well - here's to a fun-filled Monday!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Howdy I'm finally back from vacation. I had a terrific time! The weather was perfect. And I stuck to my meal plan almost the entire time. I did have a small ice cream sundae one night and then yesterday I had chicken fingers & pizza. But overall I was very happy with myself.

And I even did my Wii workout a couple of times! Not quite as much as I'd hoped but I'm actually surprised I was motivated for it at all. The swimming was not an added exercise because the lake was so shallow all I could really do was float.

I weighed myself last night and I'm the same. I'm happy with that as I usually gain on vacation from inactivity and lots of extra good food. Now back to the grind
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I am here... barely.. sinus headache.

That is all.....
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Mornin' everyone!

It was SO HOT this weekend...I can't even count how many low-fat chocolate fudgesicles I ate I also broke down and had some diet pop this weekend....just 2 glasses though. I have been drinking so much water and then water with a bit of juice in it to add some flavour, that I got sick of it!

I had a headache yesterday from the humidity so I felt like

DH and I had a pretty low-key weekend...getting ready for our trip this weekend. We're heading up north to visit my family. I haven't seen them since June, so it'll be nice to see them for a few days.

I'm gonna try to stay away from the sweets this week!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see tickers

That was a *crazy* week. MIL had minor surgery, so DH had to help more w farm chores (FIL & MIL have a mom&pop dairy farm), DH got test results back showing gluten and dairy sensitivities (had to rework DHs lunches), DH worked long hours (at his paid job, not helping @ the farm), my parents went on vacation, so I needed to tend their horse, DS got sick w a tummy bug the same day DH learned of new dietary restrictions, both DSs had sleep disturbances all week (alternating nights), and I hosted a baby shower for 20 ppl yesterday (it was awesome).

And I made it through alive!!!

I had a lot of trouble in the last few days eating what I needed to when I needed to. I was having trouble just staying hydrated. I didn't get my workouts in when I normally do, but I did exercise.

I wouldn't want to do this last week over again, but I'm feeling good now. I'm back in the routine this morning.

I can't check my BFP for awhile, but I am down 7 lbs from July 27th. I was so dehydrated after the baby shower I was 2 lbs lighter in the afternoon! I'm pretty sure, though, that I'm down 7 lbs solid. I'm hoping it's all fat loss!
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone
It's migraine day, so much fun...
I was prescribed medication for an allergical reaction 2 weeks ago and my last day was friday. I feel like my body is wanting the medication, the Dr told me it would happen... But it's annoying

Anyway, by the end of the day I should be fine, I'm used to have headaches.

This weekend I did good, I did not eat too much. Spent a good weekend under the sun
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

mortonpixie -- congrats on the loss!! Even a little change in the right direction is better than nothing at all!

UniquelyNormal -- good job on maintaining! When we're talking "vacation" I think that maintaining is just as good as losing! Plus I'll bet your body plays catch-up this week and you have a duper loss next week!

squeak351 -- feel better!

Wifey -- I love those low-cal fudgies. Mmmm...

BlueFruitMomma -- Good lord! What a week! I'm glad you made it through in one piece

willa -- I'm glad you had a good weekend. The weather out here in Madison was lovely!

I had a busy weekend, too, but stayed on plan for food and exercise. This morning I Shredded and walk the pups. I'll be sneaking out for my pre-lunch walk shortly. No riding today, but we do have our last "regular-season" sand volley ball game before the "play offs." I'm putting everything in air quotes because calling it the regular season and play offs is giving way to much credit to a bar league where we are fighting for first place simply because our team plays better when they are drunk than all the other teams do But I do love it!!

I find I just don't drink very much any more. I was never a big drinker, but now I just rarely want to use up the calories that drinking requires. I actually really enjoy MGD64, but pretty much everything else I just drink to be social. The only other drinks I actually enjoy the flavor of are sugary fruity drinks that have about a million calories...

Dinner tonight is leftover split pea soup from yesterday and some fresh rolls. Yum! I love having Sunday Soup Day!

Have a DYNAMITE day, everyone!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #8  

Thanks ReBound.. feeling a teeny tiny bit better. Hoping the trend continues.

We have Sunday soup day too! That way DH can freeze leftovers for the week. Yesterday was Beef and Cabbage soup. I brought some for lunch today. I think it was better today than yesterday!!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #9  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

All this talk of soup is making me hungry...for soup!
Squeak - glad you're feeling a little better.

I'm about to loose my mind today - my back hurts SO bad. The kids are just being kids, but you know how it is when your back hurts. My regular doc's office told me there were no openings at ALL this week for an adjustment. So I'm looking for a good chiropractor now.

Checking in here has brightened my day - thanks!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #10  

Happy Monday everyone!

Just wanted to pop in to say hi.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy monday night all!

I also just wanted to pop in and say hi! I haven't been around for a while so HI to everyone I know and "pleased to meet you" to who I don't!! LOL

As usual, we must pay homage to the dancing carrot...

Had a great eating and exercise day today!! Hope you did too!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I went back to work today and I ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant, but I ordered a shrimp salad. It was good. I did put some ranch on it though, but I am sure it was a lot healthier than the tamale combo I wanted.

It is sooo hot here - over 100. On Wednesday the real work begins when all of the students return.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote