3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Rainbows! Sunshine! Ponies! Butterflies! A positive feature thread! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/178459-rainbows-sunshine-ponies-butterflies-positive-feature-thread.html)

Rebound 08-05-2009 11:28 AM

Rainbows! Sunshine! Ponies! Butterflies! A positive feature thread!

Well, I have decided that it's time for everyone to tell a few things about themselves that they really like, no matter how much you currently weigh.

I'll kick it off by saying that I really like my calves. Even when I was at my heaviest, they had a nice shape to them and tapered into an attractive set of ankles.

I'm such a dork. What on earth does "attractive ankles" even mean!?!

But now it's your turn!

What feature do you like about yourself no matter what?

Harps 08-05-2009 12:09 PM

Honestly I have never liked my body, I messed it up real bad because I was an obese child and yo-yoing adult so it has never recovered any elasticity because I never exercised...everything is flabby and droopy, I mean everything!

But, I like my face. How's that? Does that sound really obnoxious?? I was always that girl people would say, "but you have such a pretty face, its a shame"

No matter what, I always had some confidence in the fact that I knew my face was ok.

ughhhh.

sakurasky 08-05-2009 12:26 PM

great thread! :)

I like my hair, my eyelashes (my sister's always jealous because hers are all stubby..lol), and the Girls. That is, unless they shrink during this whole process, which they undoubtedly will. :(

Shannon in ATL 08-05-2009 12:56 PM

Weird, but I always like my toes, ankles, wrists and fingers. They have always looked slim and pretty to me, no matter what my weight was at the time. The slender wrist always made me think I didn't really have the large frame I tried to tell myself I had at my highest weight, so sometimes I tried to ignore it... :o

Rebound 08-05-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL (Post 2860950)
Weird, but I always like my toes, ankles, wrists and fingers. They have always looked slim and pretty to me, no matter what my weight was at the time. The slender wrist always made me think I didn't really have the large frame I tried to tell myself I had at my highest weight, so sometimes I tried to ignore it... :o

I'm so jealous! My mom has beautiful hands and fingers with elegant and well shaped nails. I have my dad's hands. Huge, but with wide stubby fingers and wide fingernails.

Those bangle-style bracelets? The round ones that have to push on over your hand? NEVER gonna happen! They don't even come CLOSE to getting over my hand and anywhere NEAR my wrist!

Lori259 08-05-2009 01:33 PM

My Breast they are shaping up and staying larger.
So I think I should still have them when I reach goal.
I am still in a D cup after losing 73 lbs But they are smaller & more shapely.
(Now I am blushing hahaha)

UniquelyNormal 08-05-2009 03:13 PM

I've always liked my girls too. They are a little low these days but my ultimate goal weight gift to myself is a lift.

And I'm OK with my looks. I never really thought about being pretty or good looking before until I had my first daughter. People would gush about how adorable she is, "she's so cute!", or "she's so pretty!" and all of these comments were always followed by - she looks just like you.
wow!
I mentioned this to one of my friends and she gave me this weird look like "well derr Liz you are cute!". It just never occurred to me before.

rileyozzy 08-05-2009 03:58 PM

I like my lips and eyes. I have kissable lips and my eyes are blue which is a nice contrast to my naturally dark hair. I have also learned to love my big Italian nose!!

squeak351 08-05-2009 05:39 PM

hmm...

I have always like my nails, my toes and the color of my eyes. I also have nice calves. My calves are much firmer than my husbands. He says mine are like "rocks" and I always thank him for the compliment! lol

BlueFruitMomma 08-05-2009 08:58 PM

When I have it, confidence is my best feature. It makes everything about me look better. My positive attitude and sense of humor also magically boost my attractiveness. I have a *great* smile - I tend to look mischievous. I have a plus-sized hourglass shape (I think). My face is not drop-dead-gorgeous, but I am pretty and I clean up nice. I have beautiful, curly red hair and an "English rose" complexion. (My husband pipes up, "And you're terribly modest. . . and you have some really great skills I can't mention in public.") *sigh* He's a really wonderful guy, ladies, I swear! lol

willa 08-06-2009 09:47 AM

I love the texture of my hair, my eyelashes are long and curvy naturally, I don't have too many wrinkles yet, I love my freckles also :carrot:

Bigknitter 08-07-2009 08:22 AM

I've always liked my hair too, and I have some pretty nice blue eyes. I'm beginning to like my waist area again too, since it is getting smaller.

UniquelyNormal 08-07-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFruitMomma (Post 2861757)
(My husband pipes up, "And you're terribly modest. . . and you have some really great skills I can't mention in public.") *sigh* He's a really wonderful guy, ladies, I swear! lol

LOVE it!! :) :)

Beck 08-07-2009 08:51 AM

I'm having a hard time coming up with physical features that I'm happy with (at the moment), but I'm ever so proud of the fact that this body of mine gave birth to 6 lovely children, including a set of twins. When I'm upset about my weight, the stretch marks, the droopy twin skin, the sagging boobs... I focus on that. I carried 6 babies, birthed 6 babies, breastfed 6 babies, and that is a blessing.

Harps 08-07-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beck (Post 2863711)
I'm having a hard time coming up with physical features that I'm happy with (at the moment), but I'm ever so proud of the fact that this body of mine gave birth to 6 lovely children, including a set of twins. When I'm upset about my weight, the stretch marks, the droopy twin skin, the sagging boobs... I focus on that. I carried 6 babies, birthed 6 babies, breastfed 6 babies, and that is a blessing.

That truly is a blessing! 6 babies is incredible!

LBH 08-08-2009 08:24 AM

What an excellent thread, Rebound!

I have good skin...and good genes! :D I like my eyes too, they're a great green color.

Cape Breton Chick 08-09-2009 07:17 PM

What an awesome idea for a thread.. thanks for starting this!! I personally have always been told I have a great smile, so I have come to appreciate it as well..lol and my eyes.. although I have been told they give how I am feeling away all the time,, very expressonate lol

RXZephyr 08-09-2009 07:36 PM

I wasn't sure if I was going to post here, but it's almost a no brainer if another Maritimer posts. (High Five, there Cape Breton Chick :D )

I've always had a big trouble looking at myself in the mirror and finding something to be happy about. (It feels kinda normal saying that after reading some of the other comments in this thread.) I mean, when I was younger, I was way too thin. Then, once I got into university, that's when I really started packing the pounds on and it's been yo-yo (more on the up than on the down) ever since.

But this thread is about what we LIKE, right? I can find things that I do like about me, though. One of them is that I consider myself smart - especially around things technical. (Yep! I'm the stereotypical geek/nerd. :P) I mean, I know that I'm no Einstein, but I do feel like I'm slightly on the right hand side of the bell curve. The other thing I like about me - or maybe this is a love-hate thing - is the fact that I am very much in touch with my emotions. I can cry. I do cry - when I'm sad, when I'm happy, when I'm touched by beautiful music. I laugh. I can empathize and comfort. And sometimes I don't like that about me, usually when I'm feeling overwhelmed, but most of the time...I like to be able to feel.

Thanks for listening. :)

:Lawrence
The Rooster has Returned.

Cape Breton Chick 08-09-2009 08:57 PM

lol.. high fives back at ya there Rooster.. and Good Luck!

willa 08-10-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick (Post 2866911)
What an awesome idea for a thread.. thanks for starting this!! I personally have always been told I have a great smile, so I have come to appreciate it as well..lol and my eyes.. although I have been told they give how I am feeling away all the time,, very expressonate lol

It's true, you have a very nice smile!
I wish mine looked that good ;)

Wifey 08-10-2009 12:06 PM

After having a crappy weekend...eating wise...I was on the bus this morning, on my way to work, I looked down and decided that I like my ankles. :rofl:

For the size I am...I have chubby calves but nice-sized ankles...go figure! :lol3:

Good thread btw! ;)

TracyB73 08-15-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harps (Post 2860873)
Honestly I have never liked my body, I messed it up real bad because I was an obese child and yo-yoing adult so it has never recovered any elasticity because I never exercised...everything is flabby and droopy, I mean everything!

But, I like my face. How's that? Does that sound really obnoxious?? I was always that girl people would say, "but you have such a pretty face, its a shame"

No matter what, I always had some confidence in the fact that I knew my face was ok.

ughhhh.

OMG don't you hate when people say but you have such a pretty face what a shame I just want to tell them eff off. but anyway. I like my hands and my eyes, I have small hands classy (old movie star type hands what my grandmother calls them), and i have long eye lashes.

Rebound 10-08-2009 01:55 PM

I've lost weight since I started this thread, and I thought I'd bump it up for our new posters in the 30s forum.

As far as me, I've started to find a few more things about myself that I'm liking. My upper arms are starting to look very nice. Much slimmer than they were before, and I've lost enough weight and gained enough muscle there that you can start to see the shapes of my muscles under there. They are starting to look nicely toned.

So let's hear it, everyone. What feature do you like about yourself right now?

amynbebes 10-08-2009 06:09 PM

I like my eyes. They've always been hazel leaning toward brown but over the past few years they've become more green than brown. Just too bad I have to wear glasses.

Mollz 10-08-2009 08:06 PM

My skin. I got complimented so many times when I was a young'un on how clear, soft and beautiful my skin was. I never got acne. I even got complimented on the Cadbury factory tour by the tour guide who was talking about cocoa butter. He said something along the lines of "Who here likes white chocolate?" Of course, I raised my hand. "You must because your skin is beautiful. White chocolate contains cocoa butter, which is used as a skin softener" blah blah. Still, it turned a few heads in my direction. :D

My eyes. I love my eyes. They're green and get greener if I use the right colour makeup. I've been complimented on them by many guys. DH doesn't say much about them anymore. The "romantic" stage (I could stare into your eyes all night) is over, now it's the "practical" stage (what's for dinner?). *sigh*

My face. I look exactly like my mother and really she is one of the most beautiful women, inside and out. And aging very gracefully! I reckon she doesn't look over 50 (she's 60).

My smile. My sister always told me my smile was gorgeous and natural (not like my brother who looks like he forces his).

Rainbow 10-11-2009 10:37 AM

Most of my body is damaged one way or another (stretch marks, scars, still too fat and skin a little lose, etc,) but my complextion is good, hair is quite good and I think I've got nice (and very unique coloured) eyes. Had to anwer this thread as you but my alias in the title :D;). Oh my teeth are ok too (thanks to my very nice dentist fixing my beyond hope broken front tooth :D )

jstagrl 10-11-2009 11:02 AM

What I like about ME!!!

Hands Down it'd have to be my Hands!!! They are cute, small and pretty perfect....LOL I know hands, but that's what I got....LOL:o I've got great Hair, Nice Teeth, A great complexion, and awesome eyes, lips are great too...