Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 10:27 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of June 30!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!

Well we are done with the room...We ordered the furniture yesterday...DH and I had a disagreement but I won!!!! He wanted pine and I wanted a little 4 poster white maple set that was soo feminine!!!!!!!!!This was a great weekend to buy cuz it was all on sale with 24months interest free financing...We got the complete bed, entertainment armoir, the dresser and mirror and the chest for $950!!!!It was marked down this weekend30%!!!!Of course, we will pay that off soon and go for the baby furniture next!!! I have a baby bed made of cherry that will convert to a toddler bed...I had picked it out-then my friend had the same bed that she used only 3 months and wanted $100 for it..Hey, I saved $500 on that deal!!!!
Feeling great except for these "d" breasts...Man, the "b"'s were soo much easier for me!!!!I hope they have quit expanding!!! I think the butt has slowed down for now...but the belly is going out!!!!I woke up last week and it was there!!!!!

Congrats to the losers and the tryers this week!!!!I promise myself to get to the healthclub 3 times this week!!!!!I worked an 8hr and 4- 12hr shifts last week...I am laying low this week!!!

Have a great day all!!!
Vicki

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-30-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #2  

Hi all. Happy Sunday!

I made some low calorie lemon squares today while sd was here visiting - they are delicious. Small, but only 1pt/serving. Tasty.

Jul - get well soon! ~ Hooray for your loss.

RR - The new rooms sound great! So much fun to do. ~ Sounds like you need to take it easy this week.

well, I'm headed outside - just wanted to take time to fill in my journal. Have a great week!

Rabbit
Old 06-30-2002, 09:07 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, this new Quick Reply feature is kinda cool...will have to see how it works!

Had a pretty busy weekend. Went to Mom's Saturday for clean/paint my old apartment. DH is almost finished painting, he'll probably go over Tuesday since he's off and finish. I have to go through all my stuff, but I'm not sitting out in the garage, or the heat to sort through it all, it's gonna have to wait for cooler weather...at least it's out of her house!

Rabbit- My aunt makes lemon squares, but i don't think they're necessarily low cal or anything. They've got sugar on top. Other than that, I have no idea how she makes them.

RR- "D"?! Get outta here!! My gosh, I hope my DD's don't expand much more, I have a hard enough time finding bras!! Glad you got the room done though, sounds very pretty.

Speaking of having trouble finding things to fit, I really need to force myself back into regular exercise. I have only been back to Curves once. I have had my bag packed and in the back of my car all last week, but just too tired, or didn't want to run through the thunder, lightening, and rain in the parking lot!! I told DH that I'm really unhappy and I have to get rid of that "top roll" again! My eating has been slightly out of hand also, I've been averaging 40 pts. a day, when the top of my range is 31. I'm not overly concerned about it, but I have been wasting some of it on unnecessary things this past week.

Jul- Hope you're feeling better!!

Today we were at BIL's house for DN's b-day party. He's 4 now. DH is in bed not feeling well right now. Think he had a few too many Coors Lights, (crap beer he calls it), and he got really hot and broke out in sweat. I got him a couple advil, and we said our goodbyes. I also think the cigar smoke got to him. BIL and his BIL and FIL were smoking big, fat stogies. I told them they had to stay away from me, so they went to another part of the yard, but it wafted over. We went inside because I couldn't stand it. DH said he was OK, but I think that was part of it.

Have a great evening all!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:37 AM   #4  

Default morning!

well, it's been an eventful weekend after all. DBF is preparing to go on a trip today (Netherlands and Ireland, business), I had some work on sat and went to the beach on sunday (with a swimming workout) with a cousin and a former classical ballet dancer of the Dutch National Ballet who is now a choreographer. We went for dinner afterwards, but I was ok (except for the wine).
On Friday I bought Body for life ( I finally found the English version, the Greek translation sucks, excuse my French), and read it over the weekend. I think it is the best book on the subject I have read, andyway, I think this way of life might fit me so I started this morning, tadaaaa!
I will let you know my progress, still have to get that darn scale.

rr, hurray on the redecoration project, take it easy this week,it must have been very stressful, get back on track with the food thing though, you'll feel the better for it...

jul, how are you feeling today? hopefully better!

Lyss, really great! Go for it, buy some more pairs size 10 you deserve it

rabbit, thought so about the Wendie plan being bit like WW, but wanted to make sure. Sounds a good plan (I will start on BFL and keep you informed)

PS lost Yoda twice last week. He/she'd climbed (!!!) over the little railing I have made on my balcony, went all the way to my bedroom and hid him/herself under my closet. I had to pry her out with a stick...(gently).

looking forward to hearing all your news, Vassiliki
Old 07-01-2002, 07:45 AM   #5  

Good Morning!!!
Hey..what is the quick reply box for?????Not brave enough to try it without asking first!!!!I had my first "Got to have it now" craving soo DH ran to the store to get if for supper last night!!!Kelloggs Raison Bran!!!!It was soo wonderful to have it for supper!!!!!HE is being such a trooper with my weird appetite and not feeling like cooking anymore...It depends on my taste buds what we have!!!

GG-I really enjoyed reading the Body For Life book..IT makes alot of sense.I say leave the scale at the store!!Just go on "feeling" and fit of clothes!!!Yoda needs a middle name--"Houdini" since he/she can escape and hide soo welll!!!!!

Rabbit-The lemon squares sound good....However, this pg again, I hate sweets!!!Thank goodness for little things!!!!

Well, DH and I were discussing eye colors and hair colors for the baby....the computer matchup said..Baby #1 would have brown hair and my green eyes, and Baby #2 would be blonde/blue eyes like DH...IT is too weird cuz his children are exactly like that...Both however got his curls!!!It looks like this one will be a blondie with blue eyes!!!! Hey..I will take purple hair and love it all the same!!!!!

Lauren-Yuck on cigars!!!!I cant imagine any pleasure in smoking those nasty things!!!!How is FIL???I hope he wasnt the one smoking????????

have a great day all!!!!
RR
Old 07-01-2002, 09:56 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

I feel a major slack week coming on!! Barely anyone is here today. My boss' boss, who's in this office, is out this week. My boss is also out. Unfortunately I have a pain in the butt report that I need to have finished for herby Wednesday, because she has a teleconference on Monday AM.

RR- Oh goodness, no, it wasn't my FIL...it was my DH's brother's FIL...make sense?! Quick Reply just saves you from clicking Post Reply. You just can't use any colors or different fonts with this. LOL, I have Total Raisin Bran in my drawer at work, but I don't like it because there's too much sugar on the raisins. My mom bought me a box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese!!

GG- Yoda's the turtle, right? My, what an adventurous little bugger!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 07-01-2002, 12:09 PM   #7  

I like colors, so I didn't use the quick reply box today.

Had a nice weekend - lots to do this week - leaving next week to open another store.

Lauren - good luck getting your report finished!

Greek - congrats on handling the eating out so well. ~ I've heard good things about Body for Life. Is there a plan you are supposed to follow??

RR - Hope you enjoyed that raisin bran!

hello to everyone else. I'm still doing the wendie plan & I think I'm losing.

have a good day.

Rabbit
431.963 miles
Old 07-01-2002, 01:44 PM   #8  

Hi. 3 afternoons in a row I've run a fever and been sore - I wonder if my med. is causing it or if I just have a wierd afternoon virus.

Anyway the med. is working very well since increasing the dose - I know I'm down another lb just since Fri morning. It also makes me very thirsty so I'm having no problem getting my quota of water in.

I'm doing well at limiting myself to one diet soda a day.

Greek: is Yoda a turtle? They are very good at escaping. We have a Turtle Habitat in the back yard and they shouldn't be able to get out of it but usually find a way after a few days.

I like the Quick Reply - we have it at the Frugal Moms site and it makes posting to 30 different messages much faster.

- jul
Old 07-02-2002, 07:33 AM   #9  

Hello everyone!

Just back from a stressful morning in downtown Athens!
DBF did not leave after all, the team etc were all set to go to the Netherlands and then to Ireland, and they only realized that DBF was supposed to have a visa for Ireland (not Netherlands because of the Schengen treaty) when they were ready to board the plane, so he was left behind. Not that he was very sorry about it, he's had too much stress about that anyway, and came home grinning. So now he has to get a visa for Ireland and will probably leave on Friday.

Jul, Yoda is indeed a tortoise, together with ET, and they're very funny and ugly (and fast obviously). get well soon!

Rabbit, BFL is a VERY good program but difficult, it requires discipline and liking to work out, although the time you spend is OK. You do 20 min of intensive aerobics (according to your level of fitness) 3x a week, and 45 min of INTENSE weight training 3 times a week. I know this will have very good results in the 4 month initial phase, both because it's a good program in simple language and the food rules are not difficult to follow. I especially liked the portion approach (portions are measured in fist-sizes, although I have small hands and my portions thus tend to be smaller than I would like). One day a week you can eat WHATEVER you like, so you don't have the feeling you are depriving yourself. I like it and I think this program would fit me because I go to the gym anyway and try to keep healthy. You WILL have results when you do this, 100% sure.

Lauren, now is the time to relax...

RR, maybe I'll not buy a scale just yet, you're right, the problem is I buy my clothes so that they fit through different sizes (stretch etc), so only when I lose I lot I actually notice it in my clothes, that's why I would like to have one again. Good luck with the cravings, next time it might be smoked herring and strawberry jam on mash...(hehheh). I am not PG but I keep having these weird combination food cravings anyway, what does that mean??

see you around, HAVE to get back to work
Old 07-02-2002, 12:20 PM   #10  

HELLO.

I am hoping for a loss this week, although I'll just be checking it on my own. My weigh in is supposed to be Thursday. I'll miss next week's also because I'll be gone. I am going to keep journaling while I'm gone. I was able to do it on my last trip, so I want to do it again.

Jul - hope you are feeling better this afternoon! ~ I (mostly) stick to one diet soda/day also.

Greek - Thanks for all of the info on BFL! I wondered how the program worked. Now do you have specific aerobics and a specific weight lifting plan that you are supposed to follow? Good luck doing this - I think it's great.

gotta run -

Rabbit
Old 07-02-2002, 02:27 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

It's been a pretty slow and annoying day here. They're testing a new paging system and they keep paging the same person over and over to test it. They didn't tell us at first that they were testing it, so it was like, uh, maybe he's at lunch?! AAAHHHH!!! Finally they announced that they were testing it. It's really annoying.

I actually went to go for a walk after lunch, for exercise and to get away from the pager for awhile, but it was too darn hot. I didn't even make it half way around the building. Weather.com says it's 92 here at 97 at home. I'm guessing it's closer to 97 here!! With the heat index, I'm sure it's over 100.

So here I am, half asleep at my desk, opening my 3rd 1 liter bottle of water...at least that's easy! I finished my report, just sent it to my boss...who's on vacation this week! I knew I should have taken off.

DH is off today, so I told him to call the town and find out when we can pick up our pool passes. They should be ready by now. I was gonna tell him to pick them up, pack my stuff and meet me there after work, but I have to find my goggles, not sure where they are. I really don't want to get into a bathing suit, but with this heat, I don't care...it's a good way to get the exercise in!

Have a great afternoon all!
Old 07-02-2002, 06:39 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon....Just got back from the MD with a sinus infection..He was freaking cuz the ole temp was 104.2..I took Tylenol and took a cool bath soo feeling better..My OB said to keep with the tylenol soo the baby wont be hurt from the elevated temp..Makes me nervous taking meds but the primary care and the OB both approved them....Well hello to all and goodnight!!!!
Vicki
Jul==Did U send cyber germs????
Old 07-02-2002, 11:07 PM   #13  

Vicki: not on purpose!! So sorry, take care!

Lauren: hot here too, would love to go for a swim but have been enjoying the water sprinkler with the boys. We did have a huge rain storm with lots of thunder and lighening come thru this afternoon that cooled things off.....for awhile.

The boys got this Radio/DJ thing that plays thru the AM radio. They have been having a blast singing along with tapes, or just talking - I guess its sort of like a keioke (sp????) thing.
We are done with birthday week tonight and I'm hoping to get the house back in order soon. I think I had one spoon of cake and one spoon of icecream.

- jul
Old 07-03-2002, 11:32 AM   #14  

hi all.

Leaving soon for the pool, but thought I'd check in.

Lauren - that paging does sound annoying!

RR - feel better!

Jul - Way to go on the ice cream & cake!

Rabbit
Old 07-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit- Have fun at the pool, DH picked up our passes this AM, so we'll probably go later.

Jul- Good for you only having a little cake! Hope you're staying cool!

RR- 104.2?!?! Why didn't you go to the doctor sooner?! Man, I hope you're feeling better soon. Hope little beanie is all cooled down too!!

I forgot to mention that I went to Curves Monday night after work. Made it around 2.5 times before I just pooped out. Now that I can go swimming at the pool, I'll probably just do Curves maybe once or so a week, and swim more...as long as I'm doing something!

I'm cuttin' out of here at 3:00 today. Have a great weekend all, if I don't get to check in before we leave for Fl Friday AM.
Closed Thread