Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #1  
cher37

Default Am I going through a "mid-life" crisis???

Ok ladies-here's my rant, and I don't know to scream or to cry

First off, lately, I have been so so so tired, my whole body aches.

Secondly, I've been trying to get a job here for the last 6 mths - am I not marketable anymore b/c I've been out of "the game" for 2 years????

Thirdly, We've signed the papers to buy our house that's being restored for us & somehow, we need to save up for the closing costs - my goodness - my hubby has a hard enough time not spending, how is he going to save??? (hence the above noted sense of urgency in the job market)

#4 - I really really want a smoke - I quit 12 years ago, then gained all my weight & it's been a battle ever since

and lastly - just when I'm a breath away from getting out of the 230's my hubby decides to take a trip to the city to go see a movie with our son (yes, my son did a great job at school this year & deserves the treat) but, along with the movie comes the popcorn & eating out for a late lunch (bye bye proper nutrional eating ...)

40 is only a couple of years away & I've got to lose this weight - I'm starting to gain fat in my neck (yuck!) and I'm starting to look like my mother (not a good thing)....

is there anyone out there who can offer words of wisdom??

thanks for listening
Old 06-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #2  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

No wisdom here!

Just wanted to give you a pat on the back. I'm with you on a lot of this. I quit smoking 4 years ago and go through times when I want a smoke (like lately). It's always when things are over the top stressful.

We are also closing on a house soon. It's, thankfully, the one we live in. My brother owns it and it's a "fixer uper". We don't have a DIME. Just buying this thing 'cuz we might as well make the payment than the rent.

I'm starting to look like my Mom to - waaaahhh!! Same here - if I lose weight, it won't look so much like her!

Aw, girl - hang in there. Keep talking on these boards, lots of support and encouragement.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #3  

I actually call it a "Mid-Mom Crisis" as it seems to hit for many of us during the middle years of raising kids. I've been going through it for the last year. My baby starts 1st grade this fall so I COULD go back to work. I've been out of the game for 10 years though so if you're having a hard time, I'm a virtual relic!

My older sister (and best friend) went back to work last fall in a high-powered job. She earned that opportunity and I'm so proud of her but I sort of feel like a left-behind loser. Dumb, I know, but I feel that way.

I wish I had better words than 'you're not alone' but that's all I've got. Just start looking of the road more traveled and consider all potential opportunities.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Cher, Stick around and get lots of support here! It's hard growing up and raising a family and dealing with a DH that just doesn't get it.

I like Binder's description!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #5  
cher37

Thanks ladies

I appreciate your support - yep I am going through "mid-mom crisis" so to everyone else who's in the same boat

/cheryl
Old 07-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #6  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I hardly think you're going through a mid life crisis...you should stick around for more than 30 years!
I hear you about the struggles. I'm in the same boat as you on pretty much everything, except I quit smoking a year ago. I still chew nicorette sometimes. In fact, I am now.
I think that this stuff isn't easy no matter what, and every now and then, when things seem to be going smooth, we think about all of the crap thats around us.
Take a big deep breath and remember you can always come here and scream......and don't smoke!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #7  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 View Post
I hardly think you're going through a mid life crisis...you should stick around for more than 30 years!
... I'm 38 ... 40 is fast approaching !!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #8  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Well just want to send you some encouragement, Some of those old triggers rear up there ugly heads even after 20 years. hang in there.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Forty isn't bad. It's a respectable age. But maybe I just say that because I am creeping up on it too.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #10  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Remember that all things turn around, that you can say no to popcorn and cigarettes (two things that are very hard for me to say no to in times of stress), and that if you say yes to the popcorn on one day, you can say yes to broccoli and treadmills tomorrow!

My thoughts are with you.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote