Old 07-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Talking 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Monday 7/6

Good Morning!!

Did everyone survive? We start school today, so I will be a busy bee! I weighed and lost 1.8 - hoorah! Last week was tough to keep motivated and with the holiday in there I nearly lost my focus.

Lunch today is leftover Pizza for the kids and some home made refried bean burritos for me. Supper is Spaghetti.

If you've never made home made refried beans, it's really easy. They are much better tasting and fat free. Boil a pound of pinto beans with salt until they "squish" real easy. Drain them and process them in a blender or food processor with enough skim milk to get a good creamy consistency (start with a 1/4 cup). Add a little salt and garlic powder (start with 1/4 tsp) to taste.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

The refried bean recipe looks interesting. Maybe we will have tacos tonight. Congratulations on your loss - especially since it was a holiday weekend.

DH and I went on a pretty good hike on the 4th. I thought I was in pretty good shape since I've been running, but the hike made me really sore. It felt good to use different muscles though and it was a beautiful hike.

Today I am taking the car in for an oil change and then some errands around town. We'll see how the kids feel today since they had a busy weekend.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

I'm BACK! Had a great mini-vacation but I wish the weather would have cooperated! I got a sunburnt arm on the drive home yesterday! Grrrrrrrr!

We had fun spending time with DH's aunt and then his cousin and gf. I was so happy to shop! Bought some new sports bras at an Addidas outlet...whoop-ti-doooo! That was the extent of my clothes shopping!
Bought some stuff for the house and bought a few things for myself and DH and a bday gift for my mom.
Jaxxon the beagle had a fantastic time chasing their cat and their ChowChow...he was tuckered out!

What did I miss while I was gone?? Anything exciting??
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Happy Monday, Everyone!!!

I had a wonderful holiday weekend....spent time with the fam, got some cleaning done and even lost a little weight! Jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down to 226, which is a 3 pound loss for the week!! I was extremely surprised, considering my TOM started on Friday.

Speaking of TOM..... My dr. prescribed me with Yaz for birth control...anyone out there on this same pill? Or tried it? I'm scared it's going to cause me to gain weight!!! Oh well...keeping my fingers crossed!!

I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night with my manager (she's in town on vacation)....and we're going to the Olive Garden. What the heck is healthy here!?? I suppose I can afford to get a salad and soup? But I'm gonna miss having the breadsticks!!!

Pixie.... Congrats on the weightloss, especially with the holiday in there!!! You start school already? No summer break?

Riley.... Don't you love waking up sore? I know it makes me feel like I actually accomplished something and worked some new muscles out!

Wifey... Welcome back from your vacation!!! Put some aloe on that sunburn!!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

kimiko, I think there are some lunch-sized portions that are reasonable. Like 500 calories or so. And I know that they have a low-fat dressing option that you can request.

I just googled this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ve.html?cat=51

WOW!!! I had no idea, but they have nutritional information for EVERYTHING now! FANTASTIC!!

http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/gar...nformation.asp

Just checking in to say that I haven't killed the MIL yet
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Rebound - glad you are doing alright with you MIL! Mine always tries to tell me how to handle the kids because she had 5...I try to take it with a grain of salt.

Wifey - good to see you and glad you had a good little min-vaca!

Kimiko - 3lbs!! Hooooraaaaahhhh!!! Wow, good job! I just started the "min-pill" which is progetin only because I'm nursing. Haven't been on bc for 10 years, and worried about weight gain as well.

Rileyozzy - let me know if you add anything to those beans and make them better. I just started making them like that and welcome any little tweaks.

Well, we made it through the morning with school! We have June and December off instead of the big 3 month block in the summer. The kids get to bored otherwise.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Kimiko, Congrats on the loss!! I was on Yaz! Love the stuff! I started it a couple years ago, after being off BCPs since before I got PG w/#1. Totally got rid of the any physical and emotional PMS type problems I had (mostly emotional, never had much physical). The big thing for me was lightening the cycle. No more heavy AFs, usually one light day, one normal day, one very light day and the hag is gone! DO NOT screw up with them though. I missed a couple days in a row back in March and since it was near the end of the pack anyway, I just stopped them and figured I'd start up the following Sunday with a new pack anyway. That darn hag was with me for 3 wks. or so on and off! Was fine the next month. Now, I just stopped taking it in May and had a horribly long cycle...AF just arrived today at CD56!! So, other than that, Yaz is great!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #9  

Finally able to check in! My computer has been out of commission for a few days! Had to call out a technician today to get back online! Major love to my Tech Guy!!!

Summer school started today for my daughter so I've been extremely busy trying to adjust her program. ADM!!! Anyway, she's all set and I think I burned a few calories for standing in line for over an hour and then some!

I am re-starting Phase 1 of my meal plan, the South Beach Diet. Today I stocked up on everything at Costco that I needed to have an effective 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting everything on track again.

Happy Monday and all and may you have a successful Tuesday!

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Rebound..... Wow, I never even thought about looking up nutritional info for Olive Garden, figured they wouldn't want people to know all the fat they put in their stuff!!!
Thank you!! I'm planning to have soup and salad...dressing on the side. Glad you haven't killed the MIL...keep up the good work!! hehehehe

Lauren... Thank you for sharing how Yaz affected you.... I don't have a lot of the PMS problems either, except for a few cramps on day 1.... but I'll take light days anytime!!! I'm hoping NOT to mess up on taking them, I haven't been on anything for over 10 years now, so remembering to take a pill every morning is going to be tough!!

Sunshine... Glad your computer is working!! Good luck on your re-start! I love stocking up on all my food for weeks, something about all the planning and tossing out the bad stuff that makes me feel great!

Pixie.... Yay for making it through school starting again!! Just 5 more months until your break in December!!!

Talk to ya'll in the AM!!

Last edited by KimikoD; 07-06-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell!! :)
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimikoD View Post

Sunshine... Glad your computer is working!! Good luck on your re-start! I love stocking up on all my food for weeks, something about all the planning and tossing out the bad stuff that makes me feel great!
Thanks! It is an awesome feeling for sure! The computer and the re-stocking!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-07-2009 at 04:36 AM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Thanks everyone...I'm glad to be back!

Kimiko - the sunburn's not that bad but thanks for the advice!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote